It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air force colonel says two airmen involved in British UFO case ‘may have been abducted’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So, just saw this whilst trawling through the mornings news.

Seems there might be a little more to the Rendlesham incident as a "retired" US Colonel opens up about the case further.

www.news.com.au... may-have-been-abducted/news-story/9e58c5f97985b3346ad4b27d4ad11342

A RETIRED US air force colonel says two airmen involved in Britain’s most infamous UFO case may have been abducted by aliens in secret video footage. Staff Sgt Jim Penniston and Airman John Burroughs claim to have witnessed a small triangular craft which landed in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk — in what has been dubbed the UK’s Roswell incident. Sgt Penniston apparently got so close, he even managed to touch the craft, describing it as “smooth to the touch” and covered with strange symbols similar to ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs — before it took off. Now in secret video footage obtained exclusively by Sun Online, the deputy commander of the base at the time, Charles Halt, can be heard stating that Burroughs “may have been abducted” and that the men were “unaccounted for” for hours.

There has been a lot of back-and-forth surrounding this incident and Halt has stuck to his story, up until now.

It is believed it is the first time Halt has ever made the bombshell claims — and they did not appear on his official memo of the incident which was sent to the Ministry of Defense. The mysterious Rendlesham incident took place in December 1980 — at the height of the Cold War — in woods just outside the twin NATO air bases of RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters. Penniston and Burroughs headed into the woods to investigate some strange flashing lights, which is where they saw the UFO. Two nights later, the UFO returned, and Halt led a team of military experts into the woods in a bid to “debunk” the claims.

Any, thoughts?

edit on 15-1-2018 by CaptainBeno because: link

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Your link is broken, my friend.

We had a good look, but couldn't find the page you requested.

This is either because:

There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser

There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published

The article was removed to comply with a legal order It is an older article that has been removed from the site

Found a new one from The Sun.

Not sure about how reliable it is. The video was recorded by Heselton's wife. I wonder why he does not go public about this with more details than they "may have been abducted".

edit on 15/1/2018 by vinifalou because: link

edit on 15/1/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am a believer in UFO phenomenon, I also like the attitude of the military taking an interest in debunking as many claims as they can, I think this is the right approach, but I also think that taking UFO's seriously (even trying to debunk them) would result in the military realizing that something unexplained is going on, if they haven't come to that conclusion already.

My guess is that those high up in the chain of command might already have communication lines open with whatever aliens are out there. They probably don't tell that to the rest of the military, though.
edit on 15pmMon, 15 Jan 2018 16:22:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Thank you....I'll try and fix!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Intriguing case in general.

Here is a link to the audio recorded from the encounter, with subtitles.

www.emresanli.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

edit on 15/1/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Of all the audio I have listened to, witness testimony, evidence and reliability of those involved. I believe this to be 100% true. I just wish TPTB would stop messing about and release more information.

It's time???

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Thanks, so this is actual military audio from the encounter?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Well.. That seems to be the case.

But I wasn't there.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A very interesting case, however quoting and reposting anything from tabloid trash like The Sun is poor

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Still more credible than CNN...

edit on 1.15.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Yep, because the Telegraph and Financial Times are always down with these kind of stories huh?

C'mon mate, cheer up.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
im pretty sure theyve always alluded to being abducted. both men who approached the ufo on the ground have differing stories to tell. neither remember the event the same and if i remember right they both lost a good chunk of time during their event that they cannot account for themselves.
edit on 15-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If it's recorded by his wife how can it be?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
im pretty sure theyve always alluded to being abducted. both men who approached the ufo on the ground have differing stories to tell. neither remember the event the same and if i remember right they both lost a good chunk of time during their event that they cannot account for themselves.

Interesting.

I have seen several interviews with them and never picked up on any claim of abduction, though I can almost see how they would want to suppress that fact if they indeed were. For a long time, abducttees were not welcome - to say the least - by the UFO community, and were largely wished away.

If these men were abducted, and yet wanted to ensure the actual story got out, regarding the UFOs, with as much respect as deserved, I could see why they'd not want to discuss it.

As I recall, the man who touched the craft said that the touch itself seemed to communicate almost "thoughts" from the craft, communication. IIRC the man went on to have vivid dreams and recall of a set of numbers, a code, that a computer scientist converted to coordinates that put him in the Atlantic off Ireland, but an area that perhaps was once a mountain or island that had been reported and then seemingly disappeared.

Obviously that all is just my shaky memory coming out.

I always thought this story might be more reliable than Roswell. To say it was nothing or misinterpreted requires one to say that top personnel from a secret nuclear base with an American colonel would lie about the event or be so clueless so as to wholly misinterpret the whole event. I can't believe either of those.

The other odd thing is that the event seemed to be taken as incontrovertible fact at the time, and the higher ups simply shut down all discussion about it, with very little actual investigation, telling me that the high ups knew exactly what was going on and were far more interested in controlling the story than investigating every detail.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Very strange because there was a third guy Ed Cabansag with Penniston and Burroughs on that night. No one even mentions him. Yet he was with them.

Witness statements seem to form a consensus of opinion that the incident began around 3am Boxing Day (Dec 26th 1980) and all personnel returned to base around 4:30pm. Neither on duty officers Msgt Chandler or Lt. Buran seem to think anything odd like missing time occurred. Colonel Halt was not on duty that night and took the witness statements around Jan 2nd 1981.

I've done a full analysis in another thread on those statements : link here

I've also done a full summary of where the case seemed to be at around 7 or 8 months ago : link here

My guess is that because Gary Heseltine is at the heart of a new documentary involving the much maligned story of Larry Warren that this is being given publicity.

Rendlesham is a very difficult story to navigate because all parties including the witnesses seem to have their own agendas. But it is not as solid a case as some like to think.

The biggest question to ask is why does 'ufology' believe there to be a massive international establisment cover-up over the subject but then continually depend on people from officialdom to tell them the truth they seek.

Think about it.

edit on 15/1/2018 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Very strange because there was a third guy Ed Cabansag with Penniston and Burroughs on that night. No one even mentions him. Yet he was with them.

Witness statements seem to form a consensus of opinion that the incident began around 3am Boxing Day (Dec 26th 1980) and all personnel returned to base around 4:30pm. Neither on duty officers Msgt Chandler or Lt. Buran seem to think anything odd like missing time occurred. Colonel Halt was not on duty that night and took the witness statements around Jan 2nd 1981.

I've done a full analysis in another thread on those statements : link here

I've also done a full summary of where the case seemed to be at around 7 or 8 months ago : link here

My guess is that because Gary Heseltine is at the heart of a new documentary involving the much maligned story of Larry Warren that this is being given publicity.

Rendlesham is a very difficult story to navigate because all parties including the witnesses seem to have their own agendas. But it is not as solid a case as some like to think.

The biggest question to ask is why does 'ufology' believe there to be a massive international establisment cover-up over the subject but then continually depend on people from officialdom to tell them the truth they seek.

Think about it.

Some fascinating thoughts. I am not sure if I agree, but fascinating nonetheless.

I have to believe something happened bc I can't see that group making up something like that over that many nights.

Could they have the details wrong? Almost certainly there are errors.

Do they have an agenda now? That does seem to fit, though I dno't begrudge that all that much, getting old sucks, it's nice to have attention. If it happened (and I think something did), then there'd be different ideas as to how to explore it.

I don't necessarily think there's some globe spanning cabal that oversees the suppression (though the entire book linked at my sig is premised upon that, and it's genius
). In this case, it sounds more like "please don't bother us with this stuff, we really don't want to get into it" more than directed action to control the history.

Just some thoughts, I appreciated yours.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
snip
I have to believe something happened ...

Why do you have to believe? You obviously don't know that beliefs are a product of a mind that is not looking for the truth? You don't know what the truth is in this case. It's open to everybody's opinion and none of them were there to know what really happened. There was nothing about "abductions" when this case came to the public arena. Instead of continuing to be a blind believer why don't you up your standards and not settle on less that the proven facts?

Belief | Define Belief at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/belief
something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat. 2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.

edit on 1/16/2018 by Lathroper because: To correct format

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Believe me I have looked at this case for years. Colonel Halt's memo to the UK MoD and tape are both contemporary evidence that something happened. But his memo is full of basic errors. Not something you'd expect from the Deputy Base Commander. The original witness statements do not indicate any such missing time. Colonel Halt took those statements. So something is being twisted again.

Gary Heseltine also has an agenda, like I said earlier, because he is involved in a new documentary focusing on Larry Warren's story. See : www.capelgreen.co.uk...

Peter Robbins who co-authored "Left at East Gate" with Warren has since distanced himself from him due to inconsistencies with his story. See : Daily Mirror

If you are really interested in the whole case and willing to spend sometime looking beyond the soundbites then I suggest you read through : Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?. Or at least skip to the summary here

The Rendlesham incident is far too complex to explain in any detail here. Because it can go from nothing much really happened at all other than a bunch of US servicemen goofing around to a massive Cold War conspiracy. Most people won't bother looking beyond a bloke touched a spaceship and received a binary code (even though his witness statement said he never got closer than 50m to whatever it was that was seen).

edit on 16/1/2018 by mirageman because: clarified

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper

originally posted by: Scrubdog
snip
I have to believe something happened ...

Why do you have to believe? You obviously don't know that beliefs are a product of a mind that is not looking for the truth? You don't know what the truth is in this case. It's open to everybody's opinion and none of them were there to know what really happened. There was nothing about "abductions" when this case came to the public arena. Instead of continuing to be a blind believer why don't you up your standards and not settle on less that the proven facts?

Belief | Define Belief at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/belief
something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat. 2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.

'I have to believe" is a figure of speech, meaning it is hard not to believe that something way out of the ordinary happened. That is the end of my conviction, that something way out of the ordinary happened.

Go insult someone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join