It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Quietly Prepares for a Last Resort: War With North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Right now, a huge part of our airpower is in no shape to fight its way off the flightline, let alone a war thousands of miles away. The Marines and Navy have been robbing their second line units, to keep their deployed units going, to the point that only the best pilots in those units are getting even close to the flight time, they need, and they're not getting their minimums a lot of the time.

They actually pulled the B-1 out of combat a few years ago, because it needed so many upgrades, and its mission capable rate was below 50%. The Depot in more than one case is up to something like 6 years behind, because they haven't been able to pull aircraft back to send to the Depot. And that's ignoring the serious problems they're seeing with the OBOGS oxygen systems.

But does Trump know that?
He strikes me as the sort that would launch a attack anyway and ignore advice.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Can we really be so certain that the olympics won't include war games? Who's to say that NK's top ping pong player becomes the next Otto Warmbier and goes home in a mysterious coma... or one of their olympic visitors gets one of those prank wipes of mystery ingredients wiped across their faces in the SK airport?

It's kind of difficult to pinpoint a suspect when the world in congregated in one city. If something like that were to happen in SK, we all know who would be squarely blamed. It wouldn't tke much for a 3rd party country to spark these short fuses.

It's just a matter of which side deems the other side as the aggressor to start it all... the approval switches have already been engaged.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

The fact that they're planning to have the Olympics on the same piece of land as North Korea seems slightly insane. That is unless there's something in the works going on, a cover for Military action against Kimmy. Sneak across from SK to NK Clandestine style.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Mattis does. Word is that Mattis has the kind of control over Defense that there should have been for a long time, and the micromanaging is done.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Mattis does. Word is that Mattis has the kind of control over Defense that there should have been for a long time, and the micromanaging is done.

I was just speaking to a Marine the other day stationed in DC/White House who said the exact same thing. Honestly, to hear someone (who would know) who cares about right and wrong speak with that kind of confidence was very reassuring.

edit on 16-1-2018 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

He does seem pretty good for the job and with it and one to stand his ground with a unhinged president.

Still I dont trust Trump not to just remove him and replace him with a yes man if Trump wants a war and Mattis wont give it. Unless NK attacks of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

He does seem pretty good for the job and with it and one to stand his ground with a unhinged president.

Still I dont trust Trump not to just remove him and replace him with a yes man if Trump wants a war and Mattis wont give it. Unless NK attacks of course.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Mattis does. Word is that Mattis has the kind of control over Defense that there should have been for a long time, and the micromanaging is done

Yep.

As for Trump, he seems to love Mattis, so don't foresee any problem on that front at least.

Trump doesn't want war with NK, he's just refusing to play the extortion game NK has run on us for decades. It's about the ONLY success of his presidency so far.

But, the powers BEHIND presidents...well, they don't like anyone not on the World banking system...so.....war or a coup is pretty much inevitable, whether Trump is party to it or not....
edit on 19-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It's about time. No one wants War. But I still dont understand how Shooting 2 Missiles over Japan is NOT a declaration of WAR.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

WASHINGTON — Across the military, officers and troops are quietly preparing for a war they hope will not come.
At Fort Bragg in North Carolina last month, a mix of 48 Apache gunships and Chinook cargo helicopters took off in an exercise that practiced moving troops and equipment under live artillery fire to assault targets. Two days later, in the skies above Nevada, 119 soldiers from the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division parachuted out of C-17 military cargo planes under cover of darkness in an exercise that simulated a foreign invasion.

It is unlikely that the Pentagon would launch military action on the Korean Peninsula without first warning Americans and others there, military officials said —

Military Quietly Prepares for a Last Resort: War With North Korea

America vs North Korea? Really what's going on with this, it seems like a lot of # stirring is going on mostly from Kim's Island Regime with his bomb tossing for kicks, and deplorable treatment of his own People has hit a nerve with the rest of the World at least by half.

There have been no travel warnings advising Americans to stay away from South Korea or Japan, and no advisories warning American businesses to be cautious.

Since there's been no travel warnings for Americans visiting over seas, is this just a warning for Kim JongUn to back off or will the sirens become something more in the coming days?

We need these troops to practice every known contingency. I want them to come home safe and unharmed, that's why they train for the worst case scenario.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SCG20

It's about time. No one wants War. But I still dont understand how Shooting 2 Missiles over Japan is NOT a declaration of WAR.

For most people it's just that. Japan recently reinstated it's army, after decades. Seems like a few Countries have some kind of clandestine plan in the works.

July 1st 2014

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced a major revision to Japan’s pacifist postwar defense policy amid wide public protests Tuesday — but don’t expect to see Japanese troops sweeping across foreign battlefields anytime soon. Under the new policy, Japan’s powerful but low-profile military would be allowed to defend friends and allies under attack for the first time, even overseas. It’s part of a new interpretation of Japan’s war-renouncing constitution that Abe has pushed since taking office 18 months ago.

But ending the ban on so-called collective self-defense comes amid widespread public opposition. Thousands of protesters ringed Abe’s office during his televised announcement. A middle-aged man in a business suit set himself afire in protest in downtown Tokyo on Sunday — a shocking event in normally docile Japan.
time.com...

edit on 21-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
To be honest, NK's forces could easily storm the border and establish major footholds in SK in a matter of days.

BUT....

The PROBLEM then is.....HOLDING them. That's where they'd be screwed, because the US and other Allies would simply cut off their supply line and then exterminate them bit by bit. Meanwhile, the NK leadership would have gone to bunkers, and NK would be carpet bombed daily. (their air force and naval forces taken out in the first few days, maybe a week)

Any NK missiles launched at real targets, would be facing SK and Japan's US-provided PAC 3's and Aegis systems. (and likely space-based systems, depending on missile type).

Now, NK may be crazy, but they aren't stupid. They know all of this. So they won't. Why would they pour all of these resources into a foregone defeat? Easy. They won't. But...that won't keep them from rattling that saber, because for decades, doing so has resulted in payoff after payoff.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

If NK invaded SK,it would be a complete bloodbath. If they couldn't hold the majority they'd kill as many as they could. Kim likes blood. He had his own family murdered so empathy isn't one of his strong points.

Sometimes crazy over rules 'not stupid'. In this case, my final conviction would be crazy would win, which wouldn't be good for anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Not about empathy. He (and his commanders) know that the response will be measured against the invasion and tactics. For Un, it will be all about HIS survival, and continuance as leader. So his decisions will be governed by self-preservation.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

When I think of Un there is always a pathological narcissist who would rather see everyone die when he finally goes 51/50 and decides to commit suicide, and he will kill himself, as he thinks he is the only one who can. That is my only concern for the region.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

One more thing, people like to talk about energy wave technology that affects the brain/mind, so "if" that type of technology were aimed at UN... who knows how it would affect the already Unbalanced individual?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

so to hate tell you this but none of this is unusual its called training. i have live around eastern north carolina and seen all sorts of training that would scare the bejesus outta most folks . yes they might be training for invasion of nk but we have been training for that since the 50s.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

As numerous other people have stated, literally none of this is new. I am a member of the 82nd ABN, and we've been doing this kind of training for far longer than I've been alive. Hell, since being in the unit, I've done this same type of mission at least six times at the brigade level.

I fail to understand why civilians freak out about this kind of thing on (at the very least) a YEARLY basis. Jade Helm, happens every year. Operations similar to this occur MULTIPLE times every year at the Joint Readiness Training Center, National Training Center, and countless other locations in the contiguous U.S. alone. God forbid you mention the training operations that take place outside of the contiguous states.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Daemos360

I fail to understand why civilians freak out about this kind of thing on (at the very least) a YEARLY basis. Jade Helm, happens every year. Operations similar to this occur MULTIPLE times every year at the Joint Readiness Training Center, National Training Center, and countless other locations in the contiguous U.S. alone.

Programming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join