It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Quietly Prepares for a Last Resort: War With North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Across the military, officers and troops are quietly preparing for a war they hope will not come.
At Fort Bragg in North Carolina last month, a mix of 48 Apache gunships and Chinook cargo helicopters took off in an exercise that practiced moving troops and equipment under live artillery fire to assault targets. Two days later, in the skies above Nevada, 119 soldiers from the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division parachuted out of C-17 military cargo planes under cover of darkness in an exercise that simulated a foreign invasion.

It is unlikely that the Pentagon would launch military action on the Korean Peninsula without first warning Americans and others there, military officials said —

Military Quietly Prepares for a Last Resort: War With North Korea

America vs North Korea? Really what's going on with this, it seems like a lot of # stirring is going on mostly from Kim's Island Regime with his bomb tossing for kicks, and deplorable treatment of his own People has hit a nerve with the rest of the World at least by half.

There have been no travel warnings advising Americans to stay away from South Korea or Japan, and no advisories warning American businesses to be cautious.

Since there's been no travel warnings for Americans visiting over seas, is this just a warning for Kim JongUn to back off or will the sirens become something more in the coming days?
edit on 15-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

(post by TinfoilTP removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is all called trauma based mind control.. The "scare" in Hawaii should have solidified this for you

They need the people to accept massive massive military budget and keep the idea of war in the heads of the masses while using black budget money to build underground bases and offworld civilizations

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The military always needs to be prepared to fight the next war.

So they practice things even if they will not be needed.

It's far better to prepare for something and have that preparation found to be unneeded than to be caught with your pants down

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lockheed Martin Corp

NYSE: LMT · January 12, 6:22 PM EST

▲ 5.12 (1.55%)
After Hours 336.01▼ 0.24 (0.07%)

Locheed Martin stocks. They are most useful in these times.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Plotus because: spacing

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Cant make America great again without a couple of wars

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Visiting North Korea? Draft a will and make funeral plans, State Department says

Source

Maybe we will get lucky and all our Lefty traitors will run over there like they did in Iraq to protest.

heh, that would be interesting. With their logic they'd be shot on site.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You're right maybe we should let Kimmy keep forcing his man cut on other men and starving his people to death while feeding his family to rabid dogs. Forgot the bomb tossing pissing off it's neighbors and threats kaboodle towards the west.
edit on 15-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Hmm well funny how they prepare for offense but never defense. Notice how Russia had a drill about a year ago where they mobilized like a million people into underground shelters?

I'll give you kudos if you can tell me where the local bomb shelter is your neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So quiet its in the news.

They should do a press release.

Or we can hope its, the whole narrative is just posturing to effect diplomacy... although it sure doesnt seem much like it.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So did you go enlist yet?

Between NK & Iran you want to bomb so bad that's thousands of splattered dead baby carcasses you'll get to see so up close you'll be able to taste them.

edit on 15-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Korean Peninsula, not an island but that's besides the point.

With Trump's Twitter attacks anything with NoKo is possible. The good news here is that NoKo is finally talking to SoKo and the topic is the Olympics. Now, if Trump stops tweeting and inciting NoKo then these talks may go well. Last time the Olympics were held in SoKo, NoKo boycotted them.

That said, the USA can't just engage on NoKo with out Seoul's permission but then again, this is the Trump administration and any crazy thing is possible but if they did so SoKo will be pissed because they will be NoKo's first target.

Also, what travel warnings in particular are you talking about? To Asia in general or NoKo?
edit on 15-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I did read on foxnews.com this morning that the government is advising any Americans who want to go to the Korean Peninsula to make sure their life insurance is paid up and they have a last will and testament in effect.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So did you go enlist yet?

Between NK & Iran you want to bomb so bad that's thousands of splattered dead baby carcasses you'll get to see so up close you'll be able to taste them.

Already playing, come git sum.

N Korea war from your desktop

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You might request Iran though, as fava beans are part of the local cuisine there.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Korean Peninsula, not an island
I know, manner of speech, mine.

The article says Advisory to steer clear from South Korea, Japan. It's a statement that may or may not even take place. They mention though, August would be a bad time.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sounds like normal training exercises to me. If it ain't raing we ain't training.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Simple answer ...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I want to live off world .
great statement

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Wildbob77

Hmm well funny how they prepare for offense but never defense. Notice how Russia had a drill about a year ago where they mobilized like a million people into underground shelters?

I'll give you kudos if you can tell me where the local bomb shelter is your neighborhood.

Vary, vary, close to me and I hold one of the keys. Anyone not planning ahead gets what's left. It's up to you to either trust the government to care for you, or be self sufficient. I choose to take care of my family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join