It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reported hijab attack on 11-year-old girl 'did not happen,' Toronto police say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Why is this story more important that the other crimes or fake attacks that occur around the country??

Anyone care to answer that question?
I don't think it is, its just a continuation of the same false narrative that's been seen time and time again.

Got to have victimhood or the whole story falls apart.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The new *need* to be a victim of just anything lately, is pretty nauseating.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Why is this story more important that the other crimes or fake attacks that occur around the country??

Anyone care to answer that question?

I don't think it's more important.

It's just one of many, showing an awful trend happening.

Real or not I blame the culture and its origination for why this is all happening so frequently. What else could it be? A hate thing? Not really. No normal person wakes up and decides to buy some acid to attack people with.

Or cry foul every week to get their 5 min of victimhood of "Poor "Insert Minority""
edit on 15-1-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good on the cops and the cbc on telling the true story, now lets hope the kid and her parents pay for the wasted time for the police officers.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton Another attempt to anger people and further divide the already fragile state of things?

yes it is. division is the new unity.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: Jefferton Another attempt to anger people and further divide the already fragile state of things?

yes it is. division is the new unity.

Amazing comment/quote.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I can't imagine why this keeps happening. It only casts doubt on real events. I don't think people know fully the damage they do in cases like this.

People love the attention and support that gets showered onto them when they report being the victims of things. It becomes addicting. That's really all there is to it... Attention and support-seeking.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I can't imagine why this keeps happening. It only casts doubt on real events. I don't think people know fully the damage they do in cases like this.

People love the attention and support that gets showered onto them when they report being the victims of things. It becomes addicting. That's really all there is to it... Attention and support-seeking.

You 100% nailed it.

This behavior needs to stop.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think way too much is being read into the actions of an 11 year old
Kind of a non-story here.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Look at the video. I'd lay odds her parents were the ones with the actions.

They doubled down when the media showed up and everyone in Canada seem to fall for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Also Canada's PM chimed in about the "attack"
.Link to PM video

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This alleged hate-crime was big news in Canada when it hit. Let's be glad it didn't happen. But there is something sinister going on within certain religious communities if they resort to training children to fake hate-crimes.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

They doubled down when the media showed up and everyone in Canada seem to fall for it.

It's all click bait crap. Happenings of no real importance, politicized for well, political reasons. The media stop the nonsense, these stories become local stories of interest and not political footballs. We all fall for it and the media and politicians get there rocks off promoting hate for their own benefit.

In a sane world, the story does not even come out before the media knows whether it has legs or not and in this case there never was a story.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

In a sane world, the story does not even come out before the media knows whether it has legs or not and in this case there never was a story.

There's your problem, you think we live in a sane world where journalists care about fact checking.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Actually I just pointed out we do not live in a sane world where journalists wait for facts. We have been in a click bait world for some time now.

The MSM, bloggers, online click bait sites and political sites are so hungry for dirt and clicks none of them can be trusted.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Fake stories always have some sort of truth to them. The truth in this one is that someone really wanted to create a more of a divide in hopes to get personal vindication, about what? Who knows.
But it almost worked, and I am sure a lot of people it did work with them. But stuff like this has always happened for thousands of years, someone doesn't like this or that so they make up a story to destroy what ever it is they want and spread the rumors.

Just look at the story of Vlad the third, or better known as Vlad the implaler, a guy who was strict and fought oppression and put up a good fight for his people, only to be jailed, and then stories of him eating babies and drinking blood started to surface. Now look at his legacy.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Actually I just pointed out we do not live in a sane world where journalists wait for facts. We have been in a click bait world for some time now.

The MSM, bloggers, online click bait sites and political sites are so hungry for dirt and clicks none of them can be trusted.

Agreed

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
FATAH: A hijabi hoax that fooled Canada

Which brings us back to the central question: Why are 11-year-old girls wearing the hijab? We are a society that accommodates all, but not the Swastika or the KKK cone hat, but when it comes to the flag of the fascist Muslim Brotherhood, the hijab, we give it the benefit of the doubt.

Writing in these columns, I have stated empathically that the hijab has nothing to do with Islam as a religion. It is not sanctioned anywhere in the Qur’an, the fundamental text of Islam, or even in the dubious Hadith (traditions) attributed to Prophet Muhammad 100 years after his death.

Sad, that at a time when Muslim women in Iran are risking their lives to tear off their hijabs, Canada is becoming a place where little girls are being used to carry the burden of Islamism on their heads.

Stop supporting oppression of women.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

seems like standard islam to me lie cheat rape steal and blame the west till idiots agree with them and blame everyone else but themselves

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
TFW Islam is the most radical right-wing ideology on the planet.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join