It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to destroy DACA and the innocent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What you just said is the pragmatic solution. Trump however made the wall the centerpiece of his domestic policy. He'll have to expend a lot of political capital to get it, because that's what happens when you shine the cameras on politics. If this were an issue that was getting zero airtime, the wall would already be built.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Legalize drugs, open border and trade with Mexico, and everyone prospers.

We have had the second two of those for a while now. I'm not prospering. Why am I not prospering? You just said I would prosper, so why isn't it happening? If we legalize drugs and help kids kill themselves, will that then make me prosper? We're not talking pot here... we're talking about crack, meth, heroine, angel dust... and Lord knows whatever else they've come up with since my days in the 70s.

How will making it easier for kids to OD on hard drugs make me prosper? Really, I want an answer to that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

People are already oding. I thought it was called a national emergency.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

People are already oding. I thought it was called a national emergency.

Fair point. So how does legalizing it prevent that?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That wasn't my question. You said if we legalized drugs, opened the border, and had trade with Mexico, everyone would prosper. We did two of those and I'm not prospering. I am part of everyone. WHY AM I NOT PROSPERING? How will making hard drugs legal help me to prosper?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That wasn't my question. You said if we legalized drugs, opened the border, and had trade with Mexico, everyone would prosper. We did two of those and I'm not prospering. I am part of everyone. WHY AM I NOT PROSPERING? How will making hard drugs legal help me to prosper?

TheRedneck

Obviously you're supposed to make a career change and become a licensed drug peddler.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I'm starting to think that's what she meant...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

How will making it easier for kids to OD on hard drugs make me prosper? Really, I want an answer to that.

It gets them out of the legal system, and stops burdening them with being felons for one. Use the money spent prosecuting on treatment, and some will then be able to get clean and go on to productive lives.

If you send a low level drug user to prison, he gets an education in being a more effective criminal, comes out, and escalates crimes to score more drugs. That doesn't benefit anyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It gets them out of the legal system, and stops burdening them with being felons for one. Use the money spent prosecuting on treatment, and some will then be able to get clean and go on to productive lives.

If you send a low level drug user to prison, he gets an education in being a more effective criminal, comes out, and escalates crimes to score more drugs. That doesn't benefit anyone.

Redneck's point still stand for opiates, the increase in sheer numbers would be horrible for our society. The war on drugs has not worked, but legalizing ALL drugs during an already nationwide epidemic of opiate deaths is not the answer either.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It gets them out of the legal system, and stops burdening them with being felons for one.

That's worse than being dead!?!

If you send a low level drug user to prison...

Please keep up. We're not talking about low-level drugs. We're talking about opiates and harder. We're talking about drugs that kill people. We are not talking about pot. There's not enough profit in that any more for the drug cartels to worry over.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

They are oding on legal script drugs.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Beimg a felon may be worse than death. You are a second class citizen in the land of the free, and forever a target of police harassment.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I put heroin and marijuana users on the same tier. It's about what they're doing for their fix, low level users are just paying a dealer a few bucks, in the case of opoid users most are getting it through a pharmacy.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Redneck's point still stand for opiates, the increase in sheer numbers would be horrible for our society. The war on drugs has not worked, but legalizing ALL drugs during an already nationwide epidemic of opiate deaths is not the answer either.

Legalizing drugs has in other nations lead to a reduction in use when money spent fighting it is instead redirected to treatment.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Pharmaceutical dispensation can be controlled. That goes to the doctors who are far too happy to just write a script and get their pay. But there are a lot of users who get hooked on opiates, then get their prescription shut off by a now-scared doctor. Their only recourse to get their fix is then illegal drugs. It is common for their addiction to go unnoticed because they can still get their fix. If they cannot get their fix, they will either have to go for help or will be noticed that they need help.

Your proposal is to just let people commit suicide through ignorance without any attempt whatsoever to help them. And our conflation of marijuana with heroine is a perfect example of why the fallacious argument of marijuana being a "gateway drug" propagates so well. The two are not in any way similar, either in pharmaceutical pathway, intensity, or addictive properties.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I put heroin and marijuana users on the same tier. It's about what they're doing for their fix, low level users are just paying a dealer a few bucks, in the case of opoid users most are getting it through a pharmacy.

To consider any of it to be exclusively a "fix" is missing the majority of drug users, who are simply self medicating.

Use and obsessive use are 2 different animals. I'd suspect that 99% of people think of the latter, while mostly effecting the former with their own mob rule brand of tyranny.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
SIDE NOTE _ An estimated 25 million people a month will use marijuana. Want to cut down on overhead. Sell a 'Federal' growing Licence. 1000.00 a year. Grow up to 6 plants. Zero Tolerance for sale and distribution. Even if you had about half of those who say they used start to grow(and more would) you are looking at 12-14 billion in revenue.

Take those monies and use them for helping those with issues with harder drugs. Herion. Coke. Dust. Meth.

Opiods could be replaced with many CDB/Non-THC drugs.

Big Pharma is one of the biggest anti-pot contributors along with tobacco companies. It could be done. Never saw someone smoke 'only' a joint and fight, rob or act out. Ever.

OP - DACA was illegal. It is a pen swipe away from not existing. Trump has already rescinded it. It does not exist. They have till March 5th to come up with a plan and that was his original plan. Not to control the outcome as Obama did but to let the people who should, Congress, work out the details. Obama wanted that election so bad he finalized this his last year of his first term.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump has rescinded DACA, but a judge has rescinded the rescission, using an injunction (which is apparently the Judicial Branch's version of an Executive Order). Therefore, DACA is still in place until the case can work its way through the courts. When it gets to the Supreme Court, DACA will be struck down, hard, and Trump will have no option to do anything for the DACA recipients.

I do not believe the Senate Democrats have any intention of codifying DACA. In order to do so, they will have to give up something they cannot bear to part with: money for border enforcement and a border wall. They will stall, distract, filibuster, and whatever else they need to do to keep the border as open and unenforced as possible. Instead, they have gotten a judge to do an end run around Trump to handle their immediate problem, but by doing so they have doomed the DACA recipients to eventual guaranteed deportation.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It's not just Mexicans. There's lots of other nationalities coming across that border. I want no one coming here illegally from anywhere.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join