It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to destroy DACA and the innocent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

All democrats really need to do is wait.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Republicans wanted the majority and to own DC. Now we all, rep dem ind, have to live with republican governance. Let them govern their way.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Republicans wanted the majority and to own DC. Now we all, rep dem ind, have to live with republican governance. Let them govern their way.

That's fine. They become irrelevant then. Big policy issues deserve a bipartisan solution. Voters will remember.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

That's fine. They become irrelevant then. Big policy issues deserve a bipartisan solution. Voters will remember.

The democrat party is already irrelevant. It’s all on the Republican Party. It’s what the electorate wanted, live with it like the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What it appears Trump is continually highlighting is how ineffective and pitiful our legislative branch is.

I dont know about 4D chess but he does seem to be giving his voters their votes worth

This DACA thing is pretty sad. Im more agnostic on the people side....but on the elected official side its a ridiculous farce. I really do hope we overturn the entire branch.

link   
a reply to: [post=23049856]Wardaddy454

So your life will be much better with a wall?

link   

The democrat party is already irrelevant. It’s all on the Republican Party. It’s what the electorate wanted, live with it like the rest of the world.

Its not what the people wanted, it was a lack of options, the democrats bet so heavily on identity politics being the way forward they don't know what to do now that they are almost strictly a regional party.

But we need to stop choosing only form those two parties and start forcing more options into the mix.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Better legislation emerges from a bipartisan input of ideas. I don't know why you are so defeatist about this. So the do nothing Republicans become 5he do nothing Democrats?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

A third party is useless. Republicans have more money and rich super pacs. Only rich people can afford to campaign and only rich people would get support.
And the Republican voter Only heels to gods guns and girls biology. Other issues are irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The republicans can do what they want. They can change chamber procedures and get whatever they want. They would to give more to the rich.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The people with their votes have to choose, and if you choose the same corrupt people that is on the voter alone.

Hillary thought money would win her the election it didn't, Rommney thought money would carry him against Obama and it didn't.

At the end of the day all that money is just to try and influence the vote it does not buy the vote.

But this requires people to stay aware and engaged, Georgia as an example the Veterans party had all the signatures and paper work done to be on the ballot, the state in a late night session the press did not covered changed the rules so late in the game there was no time to fix things.

Now if Georgia voters hold those state legislatures accountable, you can start to change the narrative, its nota quick fix by any stretch of the imagination we need to start planning for 10-15 years down the road.

The only other option is to roll over and say I give up you win ill be a good slave, that doesn't work for me, ill keep fighting.

ETA: On topic, we the voters need to hold both republicans and democrats responsible for not fixing this, it should not have been an EO this should have been handled by congress years ago.

edit on 16-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

edit on 16-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: sentence structure is hard

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But, first a candidate has to campaign and get known to voters. Traveling is expensive. So in the long run, the candidates have to grovel and make promises to the same rich donors. Nothing changes til we make campaign changes.

I did not say stop fighting. I said wait. Like hunting and fishing kind of waiting for right moment.
Democrats have no power except one, wait.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Any plans to deal with these people should be done in a timely scheduled manner. Since they are well aware of their legal standing they should be given a system of steps which would lead to their becoming legally here but not to a citizenship status without the other necessary proceedures being done. While involved in such programs, their status could be put on hold as it was done by Obama.
If they chose not to go though these steps they could be more likely to be deported as they will be accepting their current status as illegal. There should also be guide lines which would determine those not eligible for such a program; ie, felons and known gang members.
I do not believe there should be any other advantages or incentives given to them which would not be given to legally native born citizens nor should they be discriminated against so long as their status is revealed.
To be fair, they should be treated as any others except where social programs, which are reserved for citizens, are concerned. Their path to full citizenship should be the same as any others who work through the system which is already in place.
Actually, because they have been raised and educated here, they would have an inherent advantage when working to become citizens, but it should not be just handed to them.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

All democrats really need to do is wait.

I have yet to see someone keep their job for long when they refuse to show up to work. Wait? To be removed from office by their employers?

Incidentally, that will also apply to many Republicans.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

So be it if they all get fired. Democrats couldn’t be any worse off so no big loss.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder, this excellent and intelligent discussion is NOT in the Pit, please keep the replies in accordance with board standards.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The simplest and harshest truth is that Democrats do not care about the DACA kids. They *need* the chain migrants who come with every immigrant like the DACA kids, and they need unfettered borders and loose immigration restrictions.

They *need* those things because every poor, barely literate immigrant they can pull in who will be on public assistance for life who will have children who will mostly go on public assistance for life, etc., with few escaping that system ... they are the future underclass voting pool the Democrats expect to buy votes from en masse via class warfare, racial divide, and depending on just plain ignorance.

It is the same strategy they have used for decades with many blacks, but the black population is eroding, so they need a replacement, and this is it as far as they're concerned.

So they can't just allow the DACA kids in in exchange for tighter border controls, an end to chain migration, etc., because they signals a long-term loss for them electorally. So they will sacrifice the DACA kids.

The problem they have is the most people understand the problems that unfettered migration of poor people with few skills is creating in this country. They might have sympathy for just the DACA kids, but they do not have sympathy for all the rest that the Democrats are trying to bring with them.

Democrats are in a no win situation here unless Republicans predictably snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That would explain why republicans dont want them to count at the polls, poor people, people of color, women, the disabled, the mentally ill, liberals, did I miss anyone.

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.”

Heck yes, more democrat voters.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Again, a poem is *not* governmental policy. Stop treating it like it is.

And, no, illegals should not be able to vote. They are not citizens for one, and they broke laws committing a felony for two.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Democrats can’t make policy. We can embrace humanity in spite of the mean times.
Oh for the love of god. They come here for jobs. Tell businesses to stop giving illegals jobs. Problem solved and cheaply.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join