It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies aged 46

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Who sId anyrhin about a song ya tube..also one song doesnt equat to fck all ..

Eta..u do realise she only released that song for profit how much did she donate ??
edit on 16 1 18 by robbeh because: ..

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

Why would she donate anything? She made a statement against the IRA and should be applauded for it, don't international celebrities usually do the opposite?

So if you haven't misunderstood the meaning of the lyrics in 'zombie' why do you call her IRA loving scum? Is it cos she is Irish?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: gortex still dont change what she suppprted ;/

Got anything to back that up??

What exactly did she support?

You are uninformed, and not really someone i would miss if the IRA was to bomb you...
edit on 16-1-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: biggilo

Who sId anyrhin about a song ya tube..also one song doesnt equat to fck all ..

Eta..u do realise she only released that song for profit how much did she donate ??

Iam guessing you have donated 100% of youre earnings to "the cause" (whatever that might be?) You dont work for money, do you, only for charity, else it would make you a hypocrite, right?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

The song brought fair attention to the topic. While the dad of the slain boys is thankful, dedicating to her, he wasn't aware of the song. Apparently, from the reception of her passing and later musical participation,the band has become more widely known over time, more so out of the Alternative(and or former Grunge teens) in the 90s. Not to say they were weren't mainstream being on MTV, billboards, more but they weren't exactly U2 fame wise(which will mention further on).

I was into them as a younger teenager, identifying mostly as Irish(not knowing much about my heritage then) having them as an option of rock music as opposed to U2 at the time out of Ireland, gave me more even insight into the heritage. Being that teens associate a lot through music and all.I never once thought she supported the IRA(wouldn't be interested in them if they did), the song wasn't about supporting the IRA either so dunno where such an assertion came from. Seems more like mis-purported anger just because.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This band holds a special place in my heart, because my mother was very fond of them... may she rest in peace, as well as Dolores. One of my favorite names, too, Dolores... but that's actually because of an old Seinfeld episode. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A few days ago, her cause of death was made public:

www.bbc.com...

I feel heartbroken for her because her life had taken a bad turn in recent years, and she died alone, and from what I understand, while seperated from her children. In interviews she talks about her children constantly, I can only presume she was devistated.

Here's one of the earliest views we ever had of Dolores, singing one of her most beautiful songs (an alternate video for "dreams"):
www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-9-2018 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2018 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join