It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bringing Back 70's Rock Greta Van Fleet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good Morning, it's Monday... how about some ROCK to start your week off right?

Greta Van Fleet is a four man band hailing from Michigan. 3 of the four members are brothers; 21 year old twins Josh and Jake Kiszka and their 18 year old brother Sam, who teamed up with drummer Danny Wagner to create some really great rock.

The band channels the best of the 70s rockers. Some have compared them with rock legends Led Zeppelin, and I can see where the comparison comes from.

Here's a good read about the band in a recent Rolling Stone article:
www.rollingstone.com...

Now let's check out their music!!!! Let me know what you think

Happy Monday!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

A friend recommended this band to me yesterday. He said pretty much everything you just posted.

Your name isn't Jay is it?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I found out about these guys a few months back... Apparently they've been playing together for a couple years, with their first "taste of popularity" coming form a car commercial that had their music playing in the background.

This is what we need more of....... REAL MUSIC. Not techno, not boybands, not emo-screamo, but THIS.

S+F

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Lol, no, but it begins with a "J"

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

I found out about these guys a few months back... Apparently they've been playing together for a couple years, with their first "taste of popularity" coming form a car commercial that had their music playing in the background.

Interesting, I didn't know this!

I think we'll be hearing a lot more from these guys in the years to come (enough people out there who feel just as you and I do about boy bands, manufactured pop etc).

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I like these guys and I'm glad they are making "real" music too.
Kids their age probably don't even know what a "less zedpan " is!

They will probbaly be in the music biz the rest of their lives.

Sadly, sometimes my inner grumpy hipster shines too Bright, and while I like these kids and wish them the best, I'd rather just listen or Zeppelin.
Or deep purple.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

Sadly, sometimes my inner grumpy hipster shines too Bright, and while I like these kids and wish them the best, I'd rather just listen or Zeppelin.
Or deep purple.

This definitely gave me a chuckle. I agree that the original is usually best, and when the original happens to be one of the greatest of all time... well...

Those vocals, though... I can see the band evolving into something altogether new and great if given time.

Thanks for the comment!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
that band is awesome. the likeness to the sound of Zepplin is uncanny, and their style is on point. I think as long as they stay grounded, they will be around for a while.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Listened to some snip its from this, sounds good. Will listen more later, when I have time. Almost time to put some shorts and a tee shirt on, and go to work. Hottest winter on Record So Cali, it was 85 yesterday. This weekend we have a "cold front" coming in its only going to be 65 Sat and Sun.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree, and glad the sound is alive for a new generation!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Enjoy the day!

I'm glad you enjoyed the music, let me know your impression later once you check it out!

new topics

top topics

join