It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Betrayal: The Cult of Trump turns on Chelsea Manning

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Then formulate away.

But bear in mind: only one of us is using ad homs in this discussion. Only one of us us making threats. And only one of us is ignoring the rights of another.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Then formulate away.

But bear in mind: only one of us is using ad homs in this discussion. Only one of us us making threats. And only one of us is ignoring the rights of another.

Never made any kind of threat, I made a point via an example that in no way shape or form could ever be constituted as any kind of actual threat within the realm of physical reality. You know who loves to refer to using a typed example meant to demonstrate a point online as a threat? Disingenuous and overly sensitive people who like to twist peoples words to defend their own stance. I fully acknowledge your right to have an opinion that differs from my own, and ask you how have I actively impeded you or any of your rights in any way during this exchange? Your'e being over dramatic because you're overly sensitive and over reactionary. I'll leave you to your thoughts because I now know how terribly mentally exhausting it can be for you to keep them consistent. Must be hard for an ape living amongst men

edit on 16-1-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You demand a specific pronoun despite my potential desire to use otherwise.

When i do not acquiesce you use violent descriptions if what you would do to me (which you say arent a threat), then begin insulting me. You failed to concede even a small point: that my claims of psycholigical unease are relevant. While demanding that i recognize yours.

Id suggest you reflect, and change up your approach to this debate. Your arguments are in tatters around you, not for lack if merit. But due to lack of execution on your part

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
You demand a specific pronoun despite my potential desire to use otherwise.

When i do not acquiesce you use violent descriptions if what you would do to me (which you say arent a threat), then begin insulting me. You failed to concede even a small point: that my claims of psycholigical unease are relevant. While demanding that i recognize yours.

Id suggest you reflect, and change up your approach to this debate. Your arguments are in tatters around you, not for lack if merit. But due to lack of execution on your part

You've failed to adequately explain the authenticity of your "psychological unease", quite frankly I don't believe you. I think your'e just saying that to defend your stubbornness in respecting my outward identity. I don't demand you do anything, I'm asking you to and your'e refusing. So in your refusal to respectfully acknowledge me then I will return that disrespect to you, it's all about that with me. Respect me and I'll respect you, if you don't then I'm going to be a vicious b**** with with a wicked tongue and no regard for your feelings. It's so simple, I think we are just two incredibly stubborn people and as such could never be friends, there would always be a negative uneasy energy in the air and it would just be impossible to be friends. So you don't care about my feeling so in return you and your existence mean nothing to me either.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

If you will not take me at face value then what else can i say.

But make it about you instead of me. Thats bound to make things better.

I will challenge you, however, to find a single instance of me using a gender reference to you that you would find unsuitable. And when you fail to do so, i point out AGAIN that it is only you who is using insults. Regarding me? Its all been in the hypothetical, based on experiences wholly unrelated to you.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm done, you win I have nothing else to say. I smoked my first cigarette of the day so I feel better now and there is obviously no ground to be made here so have a stellar Tuesday.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I'll call him Bradley if I want.

In this context, his past needs to be recalled, so that people in the state voting for him do not forget exactly who he is/was and why she is now Chelsea among other reasons.

Don't you think they deserve to be fully informed of the long, strange road to Chelsea and how she's not still sitting in prison today rather than trying to become a US Senator with yet more privileged security access?
edit on 16-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Majority , including me dont except trans people as anything but the sex they where born with...

Majority is not even close to the reality.

As for you, I don’t know how to break this to you, but no one cares if you “accept” the reality.

Science does, the doctors do, and most importantly the trans community knows who they are.

You’ll just have to deal with it.

I am the one that doesn't care.

Its lefties like you that get triggered if I use he not she or refuse recognise transgendered sex changes.

I honestly dont care if you do or not. I honestly dont care if a man wants to play dress up in women's cloths. Doesnt hurt me.

I just expect people to leave me be.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

The scent isnt matching the eyes, basically.

Ugh...You prove you know nothing about us! I'll tell you first hand that because of hormones my scent has certainly changed. Not really trying to get too much into it but yes my sweat after years of hormone therapy now has a distinctly feminine smell to it.

Your wrong on that.

In your mind you may believe that is true, your hormone may even have transformed your scent somewhat.

But it still wont be the same a real female. Your MHC complex has a impact too.

Fact is you cant change your XY chromosomes.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

"The cult of Trump", and leftists wonder why Trump supporters don't like them. Way to be inclusive.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Only thing I liked about Chelsea Manning was the exposing government secrets bit. Who most likely has a mental disability and probably needs mental help NOT a gender reassignment.

Only reason the left is protecting Manning is because of the oppression Olympics participation.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: dragonridr

Think you might have gotten things backwards republicans

Members on here have largely supported Manning over the years.

Got any data to support your statement? I think you are dead wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

A feminime pronoun needs to be used on someone who seems female. Otherwise its fake. This causes me anxiety because i cant lie to myself.

I'm so sick of pathetic arguments like this used to justify intentionally being disrespectful to Trans folk. You have a pretty weak mental constitution if you can't bring yourself to get over your "anxiety" because being "forced to lie to yourself" in order to show basic civility and gender us correctly based on our outward appearance which in most cases would seem to be pretty obvious. I mean if I can manage to suppress my rage and urge to beat your head in with a baseball bat when you blatantly disrespect me then I think you should be able to manage your delicate feelings of anxiety. That crap is a cop out and lie or your just an overly sensitive little b**** hidden in the frame of a man gorilla.

A post like this indicates an unstable mind just holding on by the fingernails. I believe that Mental healthcare is indicated more so than some campaign to change all those who may ruffle feather’s. Oh the snow flake generation wouldn’t make it in a real world disaster.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm struggling to find any occurrence of Conservatives, Trump supporters, or Republicans standing in support of Bradley Manning's actions on pretty much any front. He's a traitor, pure and simple. I admit some of us were happy to see Obama made to look like a fool, but Manning was just a player in a role, it's not like we were cheering him in this, only the information he just so happened to be responsible for bringing to Wikileaks. I personally think the dude should have remained behind bars and I can't see many folks voting for him.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

The one thing she says is that calling someone by the pronouns that match their outward appearance is appropriate. I'd bet you've called a few trans women "ma'am" over the years, unaware. Depending on where you live, of course.

Its more the "guy in a dress" that i have issue finding the correct words for. So I generally just avoided them in the couple of instances from my past. But transvestism isn't really the same as transexual i guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well I’m a rancher in NM so you know what I’ve called a few people. However I’m an equal opportunity guy kinda.

I understand her point, sort of, but when the progressives want to educate me to their way of thinking I pretty much dig in my heals. They just don’t want to understand that different people are allowed to think differently. Then they get overwrought about it.

I’ve been smashed in the face a couple times and gave as good as I got.
edit on 16-1-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes, I have trouble deciding what pronoun is good for the bald man who walks into the supermarket wearing jeans (cut for a man as far as I can tell) and a ruffled, sleeveless pink blouse. I saw that one when we went shopping one Sunday.

edit on 16-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a couple of general points to address from the last couple pages;

- pheromones don't mean ziiiiiiiip! not gonna bother finding sources to point you to because i'm sure some fault will be manufactured with whatever site i could choose so instead let me just ask why it's such a big deal that guys can be "tricked" by trans women? if you can magically detect the Unsmellable Man Scent, why do you call us traps?

- resorting to XX/XY is trash level grade school science. it's the equivalent of insisting that only basic arithmetic is real and anyone using letters in their math is fake. nah mate, it gets a lot more complicated when you go to college, it's not my fault you dropped out of school age 14, don't confuse your ignorance for knowledge.

- you don't NEED to misgender Chelsea to talk about what has happened. you really really don't!
how is "chelsea is a trans woman who leaked damning evidence of american military imperialism" any worse than
"X leaked damning evidence of american military imperialism and then changed their name because they're transgender" ??
the former is actually cleaner, easier to follow, and hilariously enough, focuses on what was SUPPOSED to be the relevant point.

there's a real bitter spot in my soul that's genuinely loving the way you could all have risen above the whole trans thing and proved the OP wrong, but hell no, you're all so used to living in this state of hatred that you think the red glow of rage is just background hum. it's a thing to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yes, I have trouble deciding what pronoun is good for the bald man who walks into the supermarket wearing jeans (cut for a man as far as I can tell) and a ruffled, sleeveless pink blouse. I saw that one when we went shopping one Sunday.

You could have stopped and said hi.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I'm struggling to find any occurrence of Conservatives, Trump supporters, or Republicans standing in support of Bradley Manning's actions on pretty much any front. He's a traitor, pure and simple. I admit some of us were happy to see Obama made to look like a fool, but Manning was just a player in a role, it's not like we were cheering him in this, only the information he just so happened to be responsible for bringing to Wikileaks. I personally think the dude should have remained behind bars and I can't see many folks voting for him.

I don't recall a lot of conservative support for Manning. I remember a ying/yang reaction to Snowden between what he revealed on the domestic vs foreign intelligence gathering.

With Manning, his entire life story reads like a damned tragedy full of depression and confusion. No amount of medication and plastic surgery is going to solve his issues. Running for political office is just another cry for attention, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join