It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Betrayal: The Cult of Trump turns on Chelsea Manning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: WarPig1939

FWIW, the material taken by Daniel Ellsberg was all classified TOP SECRET, and I'm pretty sure none of the material taken by Manning was so marked.

Collateral Damage, especially the audio portion, showed a lot of people what crimes are committed for body counts and justification of existence.

Eventually the story of the bright and shining lie was available to the public. Honesty is always the best policy. Dishonesty leads to irrational decisions.

Are you kidding it was worseIt’s worth remembering what he did. He disclosed, in a gigantic document dump, more than a million pages of classified information, including information about American military operations, American diplomacy, and American allies. The Obama administration was forced to rush to safety foreign friends whom Manning had outed as helping Americans. He broke faith with every relevant provision of the Army’s warrior ethos — he abandoned his mission, he actively aided the enemy, and he acted with stunning disregard for the lives of his comrades. He did so because, acting on his own authority, he decided he wanted to stimulate “worldwide discussion, debate, and reforms.”

To be clear, this wasn’t whistleblowing. He didn’t identify a specific wrong and expose it responsibly while taking care to minimize the harm of disclosure. He just disclosed documents without regard for their contents. He didn’t know if anyone would die because of his actions. He didn’t know to what extent vital missions or programs would be compromised. He just did what he wanted to do. There was no honor in his action. None.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Didn't read the OP.

She's a traitor now right?! Chelsea Manning? Yet Assange and Wikileaks used those exact classified materials to their advantage and we continue to praise them. But now Manning is scum because well she's American and a soldier? But praise Assange for releasing this information and exposing? Makes now sense? What the hell?!

People praise Wikileaks and their actions,
umm no they don't. Liberals claim it's all fake news now because WikiLeaks dared post info about Clinton.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That means you have to not be in the worlds preeminent Evil Empire. Which that's what the US is and has been for 60+ years. Of course most people are absolutely oblivious to this fact. And you insist when people on the inside figure it out they should just maintain the Status Quo. Not unlike the scum that fill DC. And as such it just marches on and on roughshod over everything including US.

Yeah hate America we get it. You know what's funny though when I see people hating America it occurs to me something I was told in Korea. I was told hate is just another form of jealousy people hate Americans because compared to most countries we have it well. Even are poor is better off thenany in other countries. Jealousy is a negative emotion which makes a person emotionally imbalanced.So sorry your life sucks so bad you have to hate on others.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It's not about hating the U.S. It's about seeing the major flaws of our empire, without having some blind loyalist love. While dumping all those files was probably not good, it showed a lot of people the true nature of our wars in the Middle East. Thousands of innocents getting killed in the name of peace and stability. That sounds a bit evil empire Star Wars to me...

edit on 15-1-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Peace and stability seen like good goals.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That argument only works of you acknowledge that the government in all its facets over the years is a direct representation of the people.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not when you have to kill and torture thousands of innocents to get achieve it. Especially when achieving peace and stability rarely ever happends because you pissed off so many people trying to achieve it. I thought most ATSers were against the motto of "the ends justify the means". I guess America is excempt from all morality because we live happily in relative wealth?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
my problem with him is this he gave classified material during time of war and after he was caught he [decided] he was transgender then had his legal team argue as a transgendered person he could not get fair treatment in prison and it worked they let him go.
well what about the 300 + transgendered persons in cali prisons should all of them get their crimes commuted?
well no of course not.

now some may say he gave stuff to wikileaks he should be a hero but he gave up classified material while he was in uniform he should have known better.

and then they will say what about dnc emails wikileaks had them to . yes they did but they were not classified they are a private organization .

when you volunteer for service you take an oath and he stomped all over his.

and him claiming transgender statis to dodge prison is a slap in the face to the trans community.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

how as a felon is he even able to run for office

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

because they cherry picked a juristiction where felons are not prohibited from public office ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dude knew he'd eat snip for it kind of stokes the heroic patriot angle, no?

When evil needs to be exposed it needs to be exposed.

Blind loyalty, a virtue?

It wouldn't be an issue if Manning had gone the whistle blower route, but we know that Obama wasn't down with whistle blowers...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

and him claiming transgender statis to dodge prison is a slap in the face to the trans community.

hello! actual trans person active in the trans community here, just letting you know that the only slap in the face we as a community feel in regards to this issue is when people insist on misgendering Chelsea and using her deadname over and over again through the course of entire threads by people who damn well know better but like to make cheap petty shots.

less of a slap in the face but also annoying is when people try to use us as some sort of proxy for their views, as if multiple of us haven't already spoken up in favour of her in this very thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

It isn’t cheap shots, It’s a HIM and his name is Bradley.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Consider that to remain psychologically sound a person need remain internally consistant. You cannot lie to yourself.

He and she must match what i see. A feminime pronoun needs to be used on someone who seems female. Otherwise its fake. This causes me anxiety because i cant lie to myself.

I got no issue with chelsea being a she when i discuss her. It seems like she is appropriate.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you have long hair, are wearing a dress, have on make-up and earrings, I'm going to hold the door for you and call you ma'am.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Sorry, in this case the so-called deadname has a very important history attached to it that needs to be remembered. Someone can't just shed it and the past, especially not when an election is involved.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

hello! actual trans person active in the trans community here, just letting you know that the only slap in the face we as a community feel in regards to this issue is when people insist on misgendering Chelsea and using her deadname over and over again through the course of entire threads by people who damn well know better but like to make cheap petty shots.

less of a slap in the face but also annoying is when people try to use us as some sort of proxy for their views, as if multiple of us haven't already spoken up in favour of her in this very thread.

Deadname?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Dfairlite

how as a felon is he even able to run for office

Now that is the Big Question.

wtf

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ask Marion Barry.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that is the poorest excuse i've ever heard, and i've heard a LOT of really lacklustre excuses in my life.

Like are you honestly outright saying you don't have the mental faculties to take it onboard when somebody changes their name? what do you do when people get married and take their spouses name? how do you deal with famous actors having different roles in successive iconic films?

i was under the impression that being able to take new information and use it to recontextualise older information was a large part of being a functional intelligent being. was i wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join