It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Betrayal: The Cult of Trump turns on Chelsea Manning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It’s totes amaze-balls how many military loving, red blooded Muricans from the Home of the Brave can call exposing war crimes that were being covered up a betrayal, or traitorous...

Your Founding Fathers dreamed of a country full of Chelsea Mannings, who would sacrifice their lives if it meant destroying any semblance of corruption within the halls of the Capital.

You’re the God damned unAmerican betrayers.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I am not debating if the information needed to be out, a guy with a security clearance and subject to the ucmj (which historically takes a dim view on espionage) gave classified information to a foreigner clearly damaging the standing the United states.

Then Manning gets clemency, while others had to serve out there time for much less egregious offenses.

The young mann who took a picture of his bunk and workstation on a sub and sent it to his family so they could see where he works comes to mind. (working from memory)

Manning had several ways to address the information that he released and instead decided to make a big splash and get 15 mins of fame through wiki leaks.

Chain of command, IG, Congressional representative are all ways that could have been used, I do not believe for a second that manning actually pushed to do things the correct way and that is why I feel the full sentence should have been carried out.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

your OP seems to have missed a vital citation :

you know - the actual evidence that your alledged " cult of trump " once supported manning

you cannot have a " betreyal " and " turn on someone " - you never supported

so - citation required

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
really loving how the lovable rascals of ats are literally leaping over each other to prove the OP right by deliberately and continuously misgendering and deadnaming her after it was pointed out right there in the OP that her transition is a sore point to many, don't ever change your predicatable scummy ways, ats

Careful now... you'll get labeled as "off topic" with that attitude.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I hope and pray that Manning wins that primary.

Because I don't like to mislead:
It will be a grand slam for republicans if manning wins the primary. They'll literally be going against a mentally ill traitor to the country. If they lose that, it will be a bigger loss than clinton to trump. But they won't lose that race.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I am not debating if the information needed to be out, a guy with a security clearance and subject to the ucmj (which historically takes a dim view on espionage) gave classified information to a foreigner clearly damaging the standing the United states.

Then Manning gets clemency, while others had to serve out there time for much less egregious offenses.

The young mann who took a picture of his bunk and workstation on a sub and sent it to his family so they could see where he works comes to mind. (working from memory)

Manning had several ways to address the information that he released and instead decided to make a big splash and get 15 mins of fame through wiki leaks.

Chain of command, IG, Congressional representative are all ways that could have been used, I do not believe for a second that manning actually pushed to do things the correct way and that is why I feel the full sentence should have been carried out.

"yeah, sure, there was vital information about rampant corruption that needed to come out one way or another, and sure no one else was gonna do it, but she didn't ask the people in charge if it was okay to share the information they had intentionally suppressed and she didn't file the proper paperwork so it doesn't matter how important that information is, i'm just gonna sit here at my comfortable desk being cruel and petty about her"

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Several ways?
Chain of command?
With a cover-up that reaches unknown depths?

Bwahahahaha.

Sure...Thing...Pal!

clearly damaging the standing the United states.

I think covering up war crimes does that, actually. As well as blaming the whistle blower like you just did.

Exposing them and dealing with them would go along way to repairing the standing. So would supporting the brave heroic woman who risked her life to do so.

Can you say “assbackwards”?
Cos that’s how you guys have dealt with this from the start!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Got it, you don't know or understand the UCMJ, in that case cheers and carry on.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: continuousThunder
really loving how the lovable rascals of ats are literally leaping over each other to prove the OP right by deliberately and continuously misgendering and deadnaming her after it was pointed out right there in the OP that her transition is a sore point to many, don't ever change your predicatable scummy ways, ats

Careful now... you'll get labeled as "off topic" with that attitude.

i notice they've hit your post on the first page with one already.

nothing to see here folks! whistleblowers are traitors! if somebody gives you information that makes you feel bad ways about the power structures you engage in and support, hang them high and ignore the facts they spoke!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I know and understand it does sweet FA to expose covered up war crimes.

You’re not even gullible, you just refuse to admit that the info Chelsea uncovered was known by many, including anyone else with the same clearance and yet not a single other person did anything about it.

When that sh*t happens the natural progression of a decent human mind is to wonder how far up it goes and can anybody be trusted.

But yeah, well done you, you can waffle on about a chain of command that’s likely rotting at every link.

Done your way... this never sees the light of day. Sad.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
@Metallicus

IMO, whistleblowers are not traitors. In all good conscience I cannot side against exposing government corruption and in this instance also unacceptable battlefield conduct. Mannings docs also showed the US Administration to be 2-faced towards some of their closest allies as well. It was a very uncomfortable time for those countries involved.

Same goes for Snowden - he bought to our attention PRISM.

In both these instances, as in other whistleblower cases, the evidence exposed far outweighs any supposition that the exposer is traitorous for doing so imo.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I hope and pray that Manning wins that primary.

Because I don't like to mislead:
It will be a grand slam for republicans if manning wins the primary. They'll literally be going against a mentally ill traitor to the country. If they lose that, it will be a bigger loss than clinton to trump. But they won't lose that race.

Praying for an establishment incumbent to get beat by an outsider so heshe can get beat by establishment insider on election day.

Why even pay attention to it then?

The USA is just desperate at this point for any and all outsiders, especially third party anything, at this point. For decades now actually. Anything to break up the Two Party + MSM System duopoly stranglehold over US.

The "Democrat's" aren't liberals; the "Republican's" arent conservatives.

Its all just smoke & mirrors; wool over the eyes; gritty sand in everyones underpants.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

There's the BLIND LOYALTY version of "Patriotism".

And then there's the TEAR DOWN CORRUPTION version of "Patriotism".

Some people prefer to maintain a situation of zero accountability as a result of their blind loyalty, which happens to facilitate a system where domestic enemies rise and flourish from within.

Some people throw themselves onto to grenades metaphorically to stop them.

Johnny Appleseed's, and Agent Oranges. Which is which?
edit on 15-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Manning is a democrat, not an outsider. He's only an outsider in the fact that he hasn't betrayed the US as a politician yet. But he's got a leg up in that department in his previous line of work.

Democrats are like late stage colon cancer, deadly in most cases and almost untreatable.
Republicans are like leukemia, they'll kill you too and cause you a lifetime of misery if you don't get it treated.

We have both right now. The focus has to be beating the colon cancer, then we can treat the leukemia. The republicans need 60 votes in the senate (66 to be safe) then we can turn our main focus on fixing the republican party. The democrat party needs to burn to an ash heap and rise as something completely different. Something that doesn't hate the country it wants to represent.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

And Ron Paul is an "Republican".

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Who is the ron paul of the democratic party?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
@Metallicus

IMO, whistleblowers are not traitors. In all good conscience I cannot side against exposing government corruption and in this instance also unacceptable battlefield conduct. Mannings docs also showed the US Administration to be 2-faced towards some of their closest allies as well. It was a very uncomfortable time for those countries involved.

Same goes for Snowden - he bought to our attention PRISM.

In both these instances, as in other whistleblower cases, the evidence exposed far outweighs any supposition that the exposer is traitorous for doing so imo.

If I become witness of a crime done by my, let´s say Boss, because i maybe found pictures in his office, of him molesting childs. And i copy these pictures and go to the police, am i a traitor then? Maybe for my Boss, that criminal animal. And maybe for those that kiss the Bosses a$$ anyway and since ever. For own personal profits, as they hope.

Not only that you would be NOT a traitor, you even would become a criminal too, hiding what you know, what you saw on these pictures, protecting that criminal animal so can go on and on with his cruel, inhuman criminal acts. You would be his partner in crime!

And if you can´t go to the instances(normaly the police) which tell you they would work for you(and not against you), because all these instances are members of the same criminal gang(police, secret services, "justice", "politicians", the military, TPTB!), then you have at least to tell the people, the victims of that crime, what you know. Otherwise you will never ever sleep well again, because then you are part of that criminal gang, hiding their criminal acts.

And then you are a traitor, betraying your fellow citizens, the victims of these crimes!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Except manning didn't just release evidence of criminal activity, he put his fellow (innocent) soldiers at risk in a war zone. That's what makes him a traitor.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Except manning didn't just release evidence of criminal activity, he put his fellow (innocent) soldiers at risk in a war zone.

Did Manning create that warzone for "U"S soldiers and did he personally send soldiers into that warzone?
Who put the soldiers at risk first?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I dont I cant keep up on all the details like all that.

But just because someone has R or D next to their name doesnt mean they're insider cronies. Not unless you see CNN/FOX hoisting them up that is.

The Two Party's have internal machinery that has to be delt with is part of the problem beyond all this. I dont detect Trump doing much about any of that, assuming he isnt in with them, maybe even POTUS level cant hardly chip at such internal gears not without serious overt cajones and a target on they forehead.

But outsiders within the Two Party's is the best we can shoot for IF not Third Party's possible at each juncture.

We should all just be voting on integrity over actual policies at this point.

Although the Identity Politics BS sure has screwed that up for us too of late. So the big question with Manning is yes the trans thing but is Manning a crazed SJW too? Doesnt inherently have to be the case, not inherently.

Above all that there still has to be a balance between the party's. In this 21st Century we've seen our society run mad just with each side getting a full 8 years of POTUS mantle. We've seen the base of each side run full bore blind loyalty sheepmongers to the tune of even the "antiwar" democrat's excusing the genocide of Syria Hillary caused; while after all the Bush worshiping and everything to justify the War On Terror we find out Al Qaeda is our ally in Syria and the Republican base hasnt had hardly an ounce of outrage about it as Fox News nor the GOP Establishment has a peep to say.

The Two Party + MSM System in the Enemy as long as it continues to operate like this. All the 'outsider' pressure that can possibly be put upon it is just essential assuming we're not going to wait to the point where systemic collapse / overthrow is all thats left. g

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join