It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Betrayal: The Cult of Trump turns on Chelsea Manning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Let's first cover one thing off here. It's well documented that Trump has never been a fan of Chelsea Manning and this extends all the way back to 2010. He's never been secretative about his dislike of her and has even called for Manning to face the death penalty in 2010.. Trump can, rightfully, claim consistency on his stance on Manning (whether we agree with him or not). The issue at hand here isn't with Trump himself but most of his supporters and this is what this thread is about.

Let me just remind you all that Julian Assange and Wikileaks owe a great deal to Chelsea Manning. After all, she was the source for 750,000 classified material that jump started their global fame in 2010. Without Chelsea Manning, Wikileaks would not have gotten the boost and exposure it received back then. This is a fact. She put herself on the line for Wikileaks. During that time those of us on ATS who praised Wikileaks and Assange never questioned their releases. We praised them and we've continued to praise Assange for his efforts to this day. Didn't matter where the sources came from, we were giving the administration the middle finger and exposing corruption. That is, we were giving the Obama administration the middle finger. That all changed rather quickly.

Queue in Trump and his entry to the presidency and we get this:

Complete 360 I tell ya.

She's a traitor now right?! Chelsea Manning? Yet Assange and Wikileaks used those exact classified materials to their advantage and we continue to praise them. But now Manning is scum because well she's American and a soldier? But praise Assange for releasing this information and exposing? Makes now sense? What the hell?!

Let's not forget Chelsea's inconvenient gender transition. We'll go there. That didn't align with Trumps views especially when it comes to them serving on the armed forces. It's also majorly inconvenient that Chelsea is running as a Democrat. Totally irrelevant that she intends to unseat a total establishment dinosaur Ben Cardin (D). And just like clockwork. Just like clockwork, Trump's supporters flock to mock '.and attack her, as if the sacrifices she made for Wikileaks are totally irrelevant now. All 'cause Trump nuh' and that's really it.

Chelsea Manning hasn't changed her intentions or her positions. It's many of her supposed supporters who have and this is all because of this new administration they support now. It's astounding - rights and the truth be damned. So protective of Trump that you'll betray and throw anybody else off the bus. Same with Bannon. All because Trump?

Seriously.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I didn`t read most of your OP, because Bradley manning isn`t a Maryland native so he has no idea what is important to Marylanders or how to represent them in the senate so he WON`T get elected as a Maryland senator.marylanders are perfectly happy with brads opponent, ben cardin.sorry brad find another state to run in, maybe Virginia?
edit on 15-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's getting tiring being told what I'm supposed to like or dislike. Could you or any of the other cut paste folks post a daily thread hitting the talking points I'm to follow?

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hmm...

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
We praised them and we've continued to praise Assange for his efforts to this day. Didn't matter where the sources came from, we were giving the administration the middle finger and exposing corruption. That is, we were giving the Obama administration the middle finger.

That link doesnt look to support your description of it.

All I've seen from 'the left' (The Cult of Obama / Hillary) concerning Wikileaks since I tuned back in mid 2016 is a total venom filled railing against wikileaks; a broad smear campaign outright labeling Assange a Russian agent.

But if you're coming back around to a semblance of truth & reality I wont knock that after my heart skipped a beat a year ago seeing half the site pound on their chests that Obama never had a single scandal.

So lets not act like the left doesnt cult of personality up behind their party just the same as the right. This is just raw human nature stuff that to ignore it to act like it cant it doesnt happen to ourselvesif unchecked is to embrace its follies. Its time both sides catch on to this weakness and force their side of Two Party + MSM System to de-corrupt or be dismantled.

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said.
www.scientificamerican.com...

edit on 15-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree
I agree, Maryland will certainly pick the right candidate, especially considering that Maryland is where DC is located and doubtful people will want Brad spilling as much beans as he can. He would likely setup a private server and try to smuggle our top secret proprietary secrets to the world exposing this country to the whims of its rivals.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I read the OP several times.
I still have eye problems and cant see the betrayal
Care to point it out ?
But , keep in mind Manning was in the US military whereas Snowden and Assange were not...

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Bradley Manning is a traitor. The only reason he is a hero to the cult of the left is because he has gender dysphoria. He is a child acting out for attention and the left is only too happy to give it to him.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Released 750,000 classified material

This is a good thing?

First Manning wasn't in the know... he/she/it was a low ranked enlisted. He/she/it released all those documents on self centered ideals to get back at the "man" because he/she/it wanted to be something else the military didn't agree with.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Let me just remind you all that Julian Assange and Wikileaks owe a great deal to Chelsea Manning.

Who bankrolls Wikileaks? Answer that question and the sudden rise of Chelsea Manning on the political scene makes complete sense, and in keeping with that entities M.O.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm not getting much from Assange - actually I'm not getting anything? Trump has attacked Manning on a number of occasions and Assange as just sat there, silent.

That indicates something to me.

I wonder how she feels.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Think you might have gotten things backwards republicans has all ways been against her.

YouGov/Huffington Post shows that only 33% of Americans support Obama's decision to grant clemency to Chelsea Manning, while 47% oppose it. Nearly half of Democrats support clemency for Manning (though 28% oppose it), but both independents (45%) and most Republicans (78%) tend to oppose clemency.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Recently they’ve been in some bizarre alternate reality where Trump had Assange smuggled out of London to a safe space and is due any moment to pardon him of any crimes.

I don’t think it is logical to expect them to have any sort of rational approach to anything anymore.

This is probably the thousandth thing they’ve reversed morals on due to Trump.

EOs.
Lies.
Goldman Sachs connections.
Dodgy Foundation activities.
Sexual Assault claims.
A Muslim ban.
Bank punishment waivers.
Excessive drone usage.

Trump has two separate opinions on hunting trophies in a single day...
And so conveniently did they.

I don’t know what you really expect, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Think you might have gotten things backwards republicans

Members on here have largely supported Manning over the years. Wikileaks moreso - and many celebrated the large Cablegate dump in 2010, where Manning was instrumental in providing classified data. But then turn around and stab her in the back, call her scum? traitor? What?

How does this make logical sense?

What really disturb is Assange's silence. Goes back to my previous thread about Assange being compromised earlier last year.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I don’t know what you really expect, to be honest.

I hope... I guess. I don't expect much of a positive response on here. My intention is always to hit those few willing to listen and look beyond the is cultish mindset. If I can change one or two, it's enough for me. I'd take to getting flamed by 60 members, in order to have one change.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Trump supporters are pro-Wikileaks at the moment because Wikileaks helped their side during the last election. In the past, they were against Wikileaks, at least from what I remember.

It is like you said, I don't think many Trump supporters can get over the fact that Manning is a transgender.
edit on 15amMon, 15 Jan 2018 03:23:09 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A member of the US military took classified information and gave it to a foreigner, they have a word to describe that I believe its espionage.
As a member of the US military I take betrayals like that fairly seriously.

Assange as a foreigner has taken no oath of loyalty and there fore has a different set of rules that apply to him, which is why he has never really bugged me.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
really loving how the lovable rascals of ats are literally leaping over each other to prove the OP right by deliberately and continuously misgendering and deadnaming her after it was pointed out right there in the OP that her transition is a sore point to many, don't ever change your predicatable scummy ways, ats

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I respect that mentality, and you personally, a lot.
I wish you all the best with that, mate.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm not getting much from Assange - actually I'm not getting anything? Trump has attacked Manning on a number of occasions and Assange as just sat there, silent.

That indicates something to me.

I wonder how she feels.

I think that support for Wikileaks-Assange'-Manning is far too complex to draw conclusions about past/present allegiances to same, and any overlapping support between the 3 as well. All 3 represent different aspects of what your OP is insinuating.
Wikileaks is at best an information storage site, the release of any information from Wikileaks is always vetted by them first, and then once verified it is released in the exact same way that it was delivered to the site so any information comes from 3rd parties.
Assange' is a self proclaimed Geopolitical analyst and his target is the US government, and the Administration of the day. He targeted Bush, Clinton, Obama - Trump will be next. Manning is a contributor to Wikileaks whose actions could very well have bought down the US government due to the severity of the evidence released, but it didn't, because it very quickly turned into media circus and political trainwreck where the US government had no choice but to acknowledge it's wrongdoings. Then Snowden happened, and we became aware of PRISM.

This is really complex - especially when you consider, as I alluded to before, that George Soros' Open Society International is a financial backer of Wikileaks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join