It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiat-Chrysler is moving Ram production back to Michigan from Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Picked this one up on Fox.

This one is slated for 2020, creating 2,500 blue collar jobs in Michigan by a one billion dollar revamping of a plant.

They also announced a 1,000 bonus for 60,000 employees.

money.cnn.com...

So complain about Trump's language and tweets all you want. THIS is what we want and are getting!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Great news! Hopefully the trend continues.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well, they obviously know that trump will be re-elected in 2020 because they aren`t gambling 1 billion dollars+ on the chance that a democrat might be elected in 2020.
edit on 15-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We gave up on worrying about how a President acts when we accepted Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct during his tenure as POTUS. Results and putting America first are the standard for success now. This is great news for a state that needs these high quality jobs.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Great. We need more of this. It's a great feeling of change!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

This is good and all but stick to your guns at least. You say FOX and used CNN money as your source. Why?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
FOX Linka reply to: Allaroundyou Here ya go buddy

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

This is good and all but stick to your guns at least. You say FOX and used CNN money as your source. Why?

It was a Fox report on Facebook. Went to Fox and they linked to CNN. (I'll take good news from anyone....
)
edit on 15-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

If I was an extremist, I'd immediately be offended by Trump again - this time it would be because he is taking jobs away from the Mexicans, thereby murdering them.

In reality though, this is an excellent move - not only bringing employment to the community but also believe it or not 'Made in USA' equipment comes with piece of mind that it won't break upon opening the box, among other attributes.

....and just like in real life - you get what you pay for so any mobilization and production costs/overheads resultant from moving back to the US will be cancelled out by exceptionally higher manufacturing standards, warranties and everything else that goes with that Made in USA label.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
That is good news. I wonder if the 2500 jobs they speak of are just in the plant itself when up and running. Billion dollar renovation of an existing building will take some time. Over a year for sure. So that means That means there will be several hundred men and women making at least $1000 a week on a 40 hour week for that year. Throw in some overtime and looking at a $80-$100,000 dollar year.

In my trade, sheet metal, that project will put shop guys to work building duct and whatever else, truck drivers , suppliers.... plus every food joint, bar and gas station in the area will see an increase in business during construction.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You know, I'm willing to hold the president to a higher standard for his actions in the oval office. If trump starts dillying interns with cigars, I'll be disgusted and appalled. Luckily, I don't think we have to worry about that.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I enjoy reading your posts. Your first section about murder made me laugh!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
good start lets hope its the beginning of a trend.

I must admit its weird to see a president managing to full fill some campaign promises that they were very clear on pre-election.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We gave up on worrying about how a President acts when we accepted Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct during his tenure as POTUS. Results and putting America first are the standard for success now. This is great news for a state that needs these high quality jobs.

Bills affair didn't bother me. I felt sorry for him, he was married to Hillary at the time and she was very headstrong and independant. She seemed to be running the show back then from the side

I sure wouldn't want to be married to Hillary. My mother was sort of like that, a busy body who was more into impressing others than being a part of the family.
edit on 15-1-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Many companies have found that manufacturing in Mexico is not always easy.
Sure the labor is cheap.
But you get what u pay for.
I have done work for several companies that have plants in Mexico and when the parts arrive they need to be inspected and often time reworked.
They discovered that they actually lost money.

This is good news for Michigan, but I do wonder how many of these employees ed I'll be "dreamers"?
Lol, I can take a guess....0000

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

FOX linked to CNN?!? It's the Twilight Zone!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Used to be Chevy and Ford, the two main players, all American, and a scattering of secondary brands, but now in Europe there seems to be two main players Fiat and Volkswagen. Not even Rolls, Bentley or BMW are who we think they are. Anti-Trump players gripe all you want, we are prospering....

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

How do they know that?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Picked this one up on Fox.

This one is slated for 2020, creating 2,500 blue collar jobs in Michigan by a one billion dollar revamping of a plant.

They also announced a 1,000 bonus for 60,000 employees.

money.cnn.com...

So complain about Trump's language and tweets all you want. THIS is what we want and are getting!

FCA announced this January of last year...Trump even thanked them for it on twitter.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Really? I haven't seen it. Apparently, most of ATS hasn't either. A case of MSM avoidance? Have you a link to confirm that?

edit on 15-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join