It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New CMS Rule - Employment Should be Required for Receiving MEDICAID Benefits.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
honestly half a trillion spent on medical in the US doesnt bother me at all. double that and im fine. wouldnt be a problem at all if we just keep some of the money we send overseas and spend it here. i should say i have no problem with making the able bodied work in some form aswell.

The money that's being spent on Medicaid needs to be better monitored too. Right now, $1 out of every $10 is taken by fraudsters in the medical community. That's a whopping $54 Billion annually.
Source: www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
well that's pretty smart, let's add millions of people to the labor pool

Then they can pay taxes, like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What do you think? Should employment be a prerequisite for participating in the Medicaid Health Insurance program?

As long as the government will guarantee me a job, I'm fine with that.

Otherwise, it means whenever I get laid off, for no fault of my own, I'm denied Medicaid, so can't even get my health back together to continue to look for a job.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

That's why I include a link to substantiate crazy/unbelievable statistics like that. As you see at the KFF page I linked to, 20% is the national average. Some states have far more than 20% of the population on Medicaid, and some states far less than 20% on Medicaid.

There are people who make their living "cheating the system"..particularly the government systems. The Obama administration was warned back in 2012, that Medicaid and Medicare abuse/fraud/waste was running rampant.

President Trump began taking steps to do something about it, just a few months into the job..
www.bna.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

What do you think? Should employment be a prerequisite for participating in the Medicaid Health Insurance program?

Otherwise, it means whenever I get laid off, for no fault of my own, I'm denied Medicaid, so can't even get my health back together to continue to look for a job.

no you aren`t denied Medicaid, as long as you are willing to get off your ass for 20 hours a week and do something to EARN Medicaid. if you aren`t willing to work 20 hours a week for medical insurance then why would anyone hire you to work 40 hours a week for real money and possibly benefits like health insurance?
edit on 15-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
if you aren`t willing to work 20 hours a week for medical insurance..

Most people are willing to work, when work is available.

So, where's this work?

Why are there people standing in unemployment lines?

Those lines should be empty, before denying anyone medicaid for not working.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

There are a great number of people who are 60+ on Medicaid, now that ObamaCare has expanded the program. They have a hard time finding employment.

Employment isn't the only option to qualify. Those over 60 can find work at all sorts of charity organizations. Lots of volunteer opportunities even for disabled people who are willing to help.

Our governor just got the first waiver to allow this sort of experimental program in Kentucky. He also wants to institute a small co-pay for the Medicade program. That seems fair as well. There is rampant abuse in the program as it exists today. Something must be done.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So that means if you are not employed then you dont get medical treatment and you die for all the govt, all the rich plus many of the stuipid, cares?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

are you saying that able bodied healthy americans can no longer be parasites on society by getting free medical care? That's outrageous, that`s criminal, that`s..that`s... never mind that`s just a common parasite wanting a free ride off of other`s hard work. about time that the government starting picking the parasites off the backs of the hard working people.

I'm pretty sure you have to be in poverty to qualify to Medicare FYI

that's cool throw 10 million people in the labor pool see how much that devalues your current job when more people have to develop higher skill sets they normally wouldn't have and add supply to whatever it is you do

You have something against people getting work and pulling themselves out of poverty? You think that is going to make you less valuable as a labor asset? Fear not, there are lots of jobs for people who are only working 20 hours a week. Or they can get job training and qualify. That scare you too? They can even go down to their local food bank and volunteer. That's a pretty scary thought too isn't it? People taking jobs from other people....geezee..

I don't know where you are but in our town there are "Hiring" signs everywhere!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

if you aren`t willing to work 20 hours a week for medical insurance..

Most people are willing to work, when work is available.

So, where's this work?

Why are there people standing in unemployment lines?

Those lines should be empty, before denying anyone medicaid for not working.

Do you people just see the word "work" and completely freak out so badly that you can't continue reading?

If you don't find a paying job right away you can certainly go down to the charity of your choice and volunteer your time. Only 20 hours a week is required, you'll have plenty of time to look for a paying job in the remaining time on your hands.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
My first question is, does the cost count for actual medical services rendered only, or does it include some kind of hidden insurance cost that the government pays to a private entity in order to cover that citizen?

Second question is, does proof of work include those who simply have receipts and service bills for odd jobs or salvagers?
People who sell at flea markets, or even the unemployed who simply sell scrap metal, pallets, plastic, and so on. Do they count as being employed as long as they can produce the receipts for what they made, regardless of how meager?

Because I have seen more than a handful of the homeless get smart and do scrapping when they arent holding a sign at the corner. Are they eligible for medicaid if this is the case?

1. Insurance companies are paid BIG bucks for administering Medicaid. They are the "go-betweens". Centene/United Healthcare/Aetna/Blue Cross, are the 4 biggest players.

2. Each state will determine if a person is "employed".

3. Homeless people who can verify that they are generating an income, would be eligible for Medicaid. But by admitting this, they open themselves up to paying taxes to the IRS too. Most likely, they're not claiming this income now.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

oh, of course, it's only the drug dealers who use it

That's an incorrect (and illogical) assumption.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This needs a lot of deep thought and consideration (and planning ,something the knee-jerk style government has no concept of) before implementing
Right now it almost sounds like "get rid of your old, tired , and feeble" cause we dont have money to care for you...

Each state is free to implement, or not implement work requirements. All this new CMS rule does is give them that option. I have no idea how many states will do so. But, with Medicaid cost increasing for the states, it's logical that they would want to reduce those costs. Depends on the political makeup of the state's leadership I suppose.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

are you saying that able bodied healthy americans can no longer be parasites on society by getting free medical care? That's outrageous, that`s criminal, that`s..that`s... never mind that`s just a common parasite wanting a free ride off of other`s hard work. about time that the government starting picking the parasites off the backs of the hard working people.

I'm pretty sure you have to be in poverty to qualify to Medicare FYI

Medicare is for people age 65 and up, and for workers who become long-term disabled. For Medicaid, if you're in an ObamaCare expansion state, you can earn up to $16,000. I suppose that's "poverty" by some people's definition.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

These are Dr. Lawrence Dunegan’s recollections of a lecture he attended on March 20, 1969 at a meeting of the Pittsburgh Pediatric Society.

The speaker was Richard Day, MD. (See rense.com) Dunegan first revealed this on the Randy Engels radio show. His son is now creating a website to preserve the tapes.

"Some of you will think I'm talking about Communism. Well, what I'm talking about is much bigger than Communism!"

At that time he indicated that there is much more cooperation between East and West than most people realize. In his introductory remarks he commented that he was free to speak at this time because now, and I'm quoting here:

"Everything is in place and nobody can stop us now."

Planning the Control over Medicine

The next topic is Medicine. There would be profound changes in the practice of medicine. Overall, medicine would be much more tightly controlled.

These would come about more gradually, but all health care delivery would come under tight control. Medical care would be closely connected to work. If you don't work or can't work, you won't have access to medical care. The days of hospitals giving away free care would gradually wind down, to where it was virtually non-existent. Costs would be forced up so that people won't be able to afford to go without insurance.

Limiting access to affordable Medical Care makes Eliminating the Elderly Easier
A big item – [that] was elaborated at some length – was the cost of medical care would be burdensomely high. Medical care would be connected very closely with one's work, but also would be made very, very high in cost so that it would simply be unavailable to people beyond a certain time. And unless they had a remarkably rich, supporting family, they would just have to do without care. And the idea was that if everybody says:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

oh, of course, it's only the drug dealers who use it

no, but it`s only the drug dealers who don`t want to work for their government handouts because they already have a ton of unclaimed money from selling drugs that allows them to qualify for government handouts.

the drug dealers will give up the government handouts if they are required to work for them,because they make a lot more money selling drugs than they will make by working or doing volunteer work to continue receiving the government handouts. the only reason they take the government handouts is because they are free and require no effort on their part to get.

That was an Excellent analysis of how the REAL WORLD operates, BCT.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

That would be a hideous catch-22 if a state set up the Medicaid work requirement like that. Most likely, there would be a window...a grace period, where you can keep Medicaid until you find another job. If you're too sick to work, you'd still keep Medicaid under the "hardship exemption" provision.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

a reply to: rickymouse

There are a great number of people who are 60+ on Medicaid, now that ObamaCare has expanded the program. They have a hard time finding employment.

Employment isn't the only option to qualify. Those over 60 can find work at all sorts of charity organizations. Lots of volunteer opportunities even for disabled people who are willing to help.

Our governor just got the first waiver to allow this sort of experimental program in Kentucky. He also wants to institute a small co-pay for the Medicade program. That seems fair as well. There is rampant abuse in the program as it exists today. Something must be done.

Yep..for those who don't need/want income, volunteer work does indeed qualify one for Medicaid under these new rules. Maine is doing the same thing as Kentucky. I was listening to the governor of Maine explaining how the Medicaid work requirement/volunteer requirement is being implemented in his state.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

So that means if you are not employed then you dont get medical treatment and you die for all the govt, all the rich plus many of the stuipid, cares?

In 1986 compassionate President Ronald Reagan signed the EMTALA requirement into law. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act, requires medical professionals to treat all citizens, and non-citizens, who enter a hospital Emergency Room with a serious illness/injury... regardless of their ability to pay.

EMTALA Explained: www.cms.gov...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

What's ironic is that those people who wanted to kill-off the elderly in 1969, are now elderly themselves. I wonder if they're eager to die?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join