It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.8 Billion Year-Old Spheroids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wenty
The spheroid look like the moon Iapetus by Saturn..

Click here to see moon pic.

Very intriguing, good find. Those Cassini pics are great aren't they?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
How come only one person has mentioned how in all of the pics, these are in no way actually that round lol
I mean, you can see bumps and scrapes all over them. Even if at one time they were perfectly round as is said, are we supposed to believe over 2.8 billion years they did not get a single scratch? If so, this would completely throw off the perfection of them obviously.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
E-trout?

Sounds fishy.

fishy eh? I do hope you know there weren't any fishmen nygdan
. We can't be hearing fishes when were not near the sea
.I'm surprised these haven't gotten as much attention as the crystals skulls, strange no? I wish someone would try psychometry on them, actually give a possible insight on what they are.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kryptobs2000
How come only one person has mentioned how in all of the pics, these are in no way actually that round

I am assuming because they are round, and if very old, in the current state, means they were perfect at the time of construction.....like the pyramids at one time were polished lime and would shine like the sun, but now.....I'm not always the best at explaining, aaaaaaanyway.....get it?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Has anyone speculated as to what these spheres actually could be used for? Whoever and whenever they were made, they had to make them for some purpose. Yes?

1. Some kind or form of currency?
2. Storage containers for "white spongy material"? Or maybe even Canopic or funerary jars?
3. Entertainment? Game?
4. Data storage of some kind?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Could they be from the Death Star from Sar Wars?

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Wenty]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Are you hinting at them being baby death stars? To me i think they could be either a game or a way of counting. Or it could be fuel for a time machine.

Have scientists looked at the spheres to see if they are authentic. But as we all know carbon dating doesn't always work!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Carbon dating can't be used on these objects anyway. Scientists have been able to look at them, and similar objects have been studied. They are not anomylous.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The spheroids remind of what discussed in this thread below...

SCI/TECH: "That's no moon..."- Cassini captures interesting image of Iapetus
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStar
Hi everybody, this will be my first post here at ATS, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

But yeah, these things are pretty interesting...

"At least 200 have been found, and extracted out of deep rock at the Wonderstone Silver Mine in South Africa, averaging 1-4 inches in dia. and composed of a nickel-steel alloy that doesn't occur naturally" - (Web TV user site)

They also are supposed to have been tested by NASA and determined to have had to have been manufactured in zero gravity due to their extremely precice dimensions. Oh yeah and they rotate when placed on a flat surface.. REALLY weird if this is true. Heres a couple links, btw a quick search on google etc. gets lots of pages.

community-2.webtv.net...

nersp.nerdc.ufl.edu...

www.ufoarea.com...

Oh I am sure it s just god testing our faith again.

This is certainly very intriguing. Do you think that any of these will be up for sale on Ebay?

If they are proven to be billions of years old then we will never know exactly where they came from exactly. Mainstream archeaology is a very conservative field (at least here in Aussie where I studied it) they don't like anything that diverges too far from normal.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
anybody thinking about "oricalcum"

no, seriously. i believe there is a lot of stuff like this to be found all around the world. and probably in other places in our universe. anyway, does anybody know what this "spongy" material is or could be??

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

While playing with the stone on a very flat surface at a restaurant one day, Hund realized it was very well balanced. He took it to the California Space Institute at the University of California to have tests done to determine just how well balanced it was. "It turned out that the balance is so fine, it exceeded the limit of their measuring technology and these are the guys who make gyrocompasses for NASA.

Cough cough bull$hit........

I have been a machinist for years and any one with any dimensional perspective can tell you these objects are not round they are more oval then anything. As for them being so acurate that they must have been made in a zero gravity chamber again i say cough cough blank ( you can will in the blank)... Just looking at these photos you can easily see more then a few thousenth of an inch difference from side to side and i know the bearings i use in my test equipment are garanteed accurate to +/- less then 1 tenth of a thousandth of an inch ( for those of you not familiar with dimensions this means .0001 of an inch) and my test equipment isnt even top of the line, yet i know they where not made in a zero gravity chamber.

As for these stones moving when placed on a perfectly flat surface that more then makes sense because they arent perfectly round so therefore they arent balanced. For example take a toy rac wheel and glue a bb or something else heavy inside the wheel on one side then set the wheel on a flat surface , the wheel will roll until the heavier side finally comes to rest at the bottom. All unbalanced semi round objects will do this its called gravity no mystery here.

The rocks themselves may or may not be real however the BS that sorounds them doesnt help them if they are real. Im no rock hunter by any means but on many occasions ive found small geodes in the creeks that are round enough to use as marbles. They occur naturally as the water erouds the outer surface, now imagine if one of those geodes ended up resting in an area a million years ago and become part of a mineral deposit.

The lack of pictures of the caves in which these where found does not surprise me we are talking about SA mining operations after all. These operations are not well know for thier sofistication nor thier humanity to man.

Although

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Carbon dating can't be used on these objects anyway. Scientists have been able to look at them, and similar objects have been studied. They are not anomylous.

Any references to back up what you are stating??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
those spheres were found in a south african mine, they are very hard and cannot be scratched by hard steel. they are thought by uniformitarian geology, to come from a stratum that is termed Precambrian, a mineral deposit that is believed to be 2.8billion years old. it seems unlikely that such a gap could have occured in the history of metalurgy but it is more likely they are tens of thousands of years old. much of the dating is only conservative and it has been proven that such deposits can be formed in a matter of days rather than millions of years. they are old but not millions of years old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join