It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleaning up!! Who likes it???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I love an orderly kitchen. I like cooking. I want my strainer in the cupboard when I need it not in a dishwasher that needs to be run. I also like walking into the kitchen when I know it's all clean and tidy because I just love my kitchen . I like knowing where the sage is and where the brown sugar is or which cupboard has the rice and pasta. I have open shelves for my dishes and I like having them arranged nicely. That being said I hate scrubbing burnt on food that ruins my nails and I don't like washing floors but I love the results and no one else seems to be volunteering to do it so....plus I have a cat. She doesn't go on the counters in the kitchen but she has no problem taking a short cut across the table.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't have consumers in my house unless you mean my husband. Most of us don't run a kitchen. We just have one.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We scrape. That's it. The dishwasher has a grinder in it most people don't seem to realize. They rinse because when dishwashers were first invented you had to practically wash them before you washed them and the habit stuck. Now dishwashers are more powerful and do the job just fine without rinsing them first. A pot scrubber cycle will remove even baked on messes.
The job I really hate is cleaning the fridge.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The job I really hate is cleaning the fridge.

My favorite is cleaning bathrooms. When I was a kid I worked a full service gas station, cleaned both bathrooms at the beginning and end of each shift.

Done enough bathroom cleaning to last several lifetimes.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I used to share your same passion for cooking. From the age of 18 (I’m now 38), I always had the Food Network on at home. Always on the search for a new recipe or a better way of cooking something.

I equally shared the same disdain for cleaning up afterwards. My ex wife didn’t cook or clean ANYTHING. It drove me nuts. I spent hours cooking gourmet meals that my family savored and loved — not enough to help clean up though. My kids were too young at the time to help.

Now, my ex and kids live in Texas. I live in Arizona. I cringe at the thought of cooking. It was something I did out of love — for the people I loved. Now there is no one to cook for. I’m not trying to take you away from your rant. However, I would like nothing more than my kids back home, cooking for them (not the ex though😏). Bring on the hour long cleanup as well.

I think what I am saying is — be appreciative for what you have. Someday it may not be there. This is an uncomfortable truth that I deal with everyday. Take the good with the bad. Don’t find yourself in my position, it sucks. Enjoy every moment you have with your family.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: schuyler

I don't have consumers in my house unless you mean my husband. Most of us don't run a kitchen. We just have one.

Really? And here I thought most of us use a kitchen to prepare food, after which we consume it. We get good use of ours, even with ony two people.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
ahhhh hahahaha dude, thank you, thank you this thread isnt what i thought it couldve been.

hehehehehe

I hate to clean up ugh, gotta do it all I mean what am I the Chef and the Dishwasher ????????????

AND THE BUTCHER!?!

Price I pay, I mean I can't let her coook, I could but like not sure wtf they teach women lately.

Maybe she can sew? IDK....

At least it wasnt this

Cleanest Windows in the game.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk My mom always said "clean up as you go". It's the best cleaning in the kitchen advice I can give.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

I wish I could just throw everything away.

Like some sort of Emperor Chef, I only use an item once then I must have a new one!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There are two types of people in this world.

Those that wash their dishes before putting them in the dishwasher and those that just put them in the dishwasher.

What about people I once knew who let their dogs lick the plates before putting them in the dishwasher?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't understand how so many people completely misunderstood my OP!!

This isn't about cleaning up while cooking, I do that always. Not at all.

This was about general dishes left after EATING (pretty difficult to clean those up while cooking!!). This was about general dishes used for all manner of things OTHER than cooking (i.e. snacks, leftovers, eating, etc., etc.).

Sometimes I wonder! It's like people on this place just live for giving someone a lecture about their virtues!! Sheesh!!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't know if it's an OCD thing, but I can't stand a dirty kitchen.
Counters, even the stainless steel gets a good scrubbing.

I don't know if I "like" to do it, but I extremely dislike a dirty kitchen.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I don't understand how so many people completely misunderstood my OP!!

This isn't about cleaning up while cooking, I do that always. Not at all.

This was about general dishes left after EATING (pretty difficult to clean those up while cooking!!). This was about general dishes used for all manner of things OTHER than cooking (i.e. snacks, leftovers, eating, etc., etc.).

Sometimes I wonder! It's like people on this place just live for giving someone a lecture about their virtues!! Sheesh!!

still same dishes are washed after used / meal finished .
only takes a few minutes to do at most . would probably be considered ocd as keep house spotless cant stand let things pile up whether its dishes or housecleaning chores .

even more so when have durian cleaning is a must after having durian to snack on . ( added bonus durian good for chase away uninvited visitors )

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I don't have a dishwasher, I am the dishwasher and even when I had one I never used it. I only ran it bi weekly so it wouldn't stink!

My mom as a kid cleaned like a mad person so I do the same. My ex husband said I wasn't human with how I cleaned as I cooked. By the time dinner is done all dishes used are cleaned and put away. I have tupperware out and ready to put the left overs in so all that is left to clean are the dishes the food was prepared in.

For me I prefer to clean up on my own because I have this method on how I clean. I'm a bit, now I AM OCD about cleaning so it's best to stay out of my way when I clean. I have friends who laugh because when I come to their house they know I will always be the one who offers to clean up after dinner.

It's a skill

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Are you in Malaysia, or from there?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I don't mind cleaning. It's a part of he cooking process so I am good with it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Some cleanups are messier than others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join