It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Read, Real Interesting~!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Review this piece of writing, real sad if you ask me:

www.msnbc.com...

Comments Please

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
how very typical that the same country who made it a point to invade asap a sovereign state promising it with radical changes is now not only reaping the errors of its ways but also not improving the matter nor taking any true responsibility for their crimes.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
But how can you absolve the Iraqi's of any responsiblity in this? They are taking advantage of the situation as well. I think we need to get our boys out of there and let the dumb ass Iraqi Police force implode from within.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is sad to say that this stuff goes on throughout the whole country, and throughout many parts of the world. The problems Iraq is facing right now can't be summed up in one ordeal. The problems are many, almost too many. One has to wonder if peace and stability is even possible in this land. For one must realize that Saddam didn't allow this to happen for the longest time. Only Saddam could do these things. Only he and his henchmen were able to breed such horrible crimes. Now every dishonest and desperate soul that lives in Iraq wants their turn at it too.

They want the power, they want the acclaim and they want the fame. Not to mention the money.

What the world needs to do is to help create jobs, build roads and water systems. They need to get power up and running and schools operational. That is the only way this country can get back on it's feet. It needs the basic essentials such as these. However with so much fear, chaos and disorder these essentials are almost impossible to bring about.

Unfortonately our men and women have to be blamed for this. When in fact it is the politicans and the lack of helpers that should be blamed. People like us, who sit around and live it up are to be blamed. We are the ones just sitting by while this murder, rape and madness goes on. We have been doing it for centuries. One of these days it is going to have to stop. This world needs more humanity and compassion. Without it this whole world is doomed.

Abraham

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
1. Washington Post is one of just a handful covering stories like these.

2. Not many ATS people read or cite Washington Post.

3. Not may ATS people have read or commented on this.

So let me try and defend the indefensible for the apathetic who don't read and isntead just watch stupid cable or network TV. I will use their language.

"It is good to be rid of Saddam. He was an evil dictator."

"Nobody said it was going to be easy to fix the mess."

"Think of all the lives saved because the "coalition of the willing" acted in time."

"We have to wait and see if there are any Weapons of Mass Destruction."

"The war was just and necessary after 9/11."

All B.S. The situation now is indicative of total management ineptitude, with forces hopelessly undertrained to take a peacekeeping role. But surely that is to be expected from the Bush administration.

If the US pull out and the UN go in, who owns Iraqi oil?

Who owns it, at law, today?

I don't think it is the Iraqi people.

This is one of the most deceptive, criminal, corrupt acts of all time, and some people are still swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
MA, I would say that yes Saddam had to be gotten rid of, not because of 9/11 but because of 1988!

It doesn't matter if WMDs are ever found, we still did the right thing that's all that matters.

We're still doing the right thing by governing them to Democracy, without us the Sunnis and Shiites would already be in Civil War, their leaders are far to extreme in their views.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
wow...this story was way too disheartening.

It is still early in the nation building stage so we don't know how bad it's gonna get. But, I think it's safe to say that if they don't get the eletricity and water up and running the situation is going to go from annoying to crazed and our soliders will be the "sitting ducks" described by the story. They are way out numbered and the citizens are armed.

I agree with the Iraqi policeman that said "they (US troops) are the ones scared", they have themselves cut off and hold up in the police station and they are scared to even stand guard at the gate...my goodness...i feel bad for them being put in this situation but they need to stop whining and waiting for Bush to save them and really take control of that city. It's in their hands. Isn't this what they trained for...I think that Sgt. Pollard is going to get himself and his company killed. He lacks leadership to sit around talkin "I want out" with his subordinates.

new topics

top topics

join