It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Conflicts of Interest - Not just a hole, but a whole warren

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Grambler
Excellent thread!

Even if you are a person that feels that there was no wrong doing by the FBI or the previous administration, surely you can admit that having all of these cases being handled by the same 3 or 4 people lacks a form of checks and balances that could ensure no corruption could take place.

Especially with either no IG in place (State Dept) or one that is hamstrung by a need to ask for permission to inspect (DOJ).

Exactly.

Almost like only a small handful of people would ever be really in the know about the shadiness behind Uranium One, and the crimes surrounding it.

This is further buttressed by the fact that Obamas admin took steps to silence the inside source Campbell from speaking to congress.

Why would they not want this info being discussed with congress, who has oversight authority over the FBI, unless they had something to hide?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Sorry. Forgot to thank you for this. It's given me quite a few ideas about things to look into.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wow, You made one hell of a thread. Great friggin work. Thanks for the effort and care you put in. I think I will really enjoy it. You rock!

edit on 1 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Horowitz and Sessions are working together behind the scenes. Their time will come.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

He served as counsel at the law firm of Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering, Hale and Dorr LLP in Washington, D.C. from 2004 to 2007.

Theodore D Chuang - wikipedia

During that time period, this happened:

In a merger that will create one of the country's largest law firms -- with more than 1,000 attorneys -- Wilmer Cutler Pickering LLP of Washington has agreed to combine with Boston's Hale & Dorr LLP.

The merger, announced Tuesday, is an unusual combination of equals in the legal profession. The firms, which are roughly the same size, both are highly regarded and neither was seen in urgent need of a merger partner.

"This will catch attention at every law firm in the country," said John Coates, a professor at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Mass. "Characteristically, these mergers in the last 10 years have involved stronger and weaker partners and this does really seem like a merger of equals."

The new entity, to be called Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr LLP, will be co-managed by William J. Perlstein, the managing partner of Wilmer Cutler, and William F. Lee, Hale & Dorr's managing partner. The deal is expected to take effect by May 31. The combined firm is expected to have annual revenue of more than $700 million.

Wilmer Cutler Agrees to Merge With Hale & Dorr of Boston - WSJ
edit on 14-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

a reply to: tadaman

You're both very welcome. It's always good to know that one's efforts are appreciated!
edit on 14-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: n

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
thanks!
In addition to funny, you forgot intelligent, wise, and handsome.

No, your not wise...you smoke! like myself

Me, I'm not wise either...but I'm not stupid though, I do know what's going on here, and another thread as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
With regards to the Lambert Case:

The case is being investigated by DOE-OIG and the FBI. Assistant Chiefs Ephraim Wernick and Christopher J. Cestaro and Trial Attorney Derek J. Ettinger of the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section, as well as Assistant U.S. Attorneys David I. Salem and Michael T. Packard of the District of Maryland, are prosecuting the case.

Ephraim Wernick

Ephraim (Fry) Wernick, '03 has been named Asst. Chief of the international corruption unit within DOJ's Criminal Fraud Section, where he supervises prosecutions of corporations and individuals who violated the FCPA, money laundering, and other criminal laws. In June, Fry also was selected to serve a temporary detail as Counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee, where he has been advising on criminal and national security matters. Fry lives in Bethesda, Maryland with his wife Lea and two sons.

Texas Law

Christopher J. Cestaro

Changes in Leadership Positions at DOJ’s FCPA Unit. In June 2017, Laura Perkins, an assistant chief in DOJ’s FCPA Unit for several years, departed the Fraud Section for private practice. As we discussed in last month’s Top Ten, FCPA Unit Assistant Chief Albert “B.J.” Stieglitz is expected to depart for a two-year detail to the United Kingdom in the near future. Meanwhile, the Fraud Section has hired two new FCPA assistant chiefs in 2017: David Johnson, a veteran of the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office and SEC who tried a securities fraud case with FCPA Unit Deputy Chief Dan Kahn in 2014, and Chris Cestaro, who transferred to the FCPA Unit in 2014 following a successful run in the Fraud Section’s Health Care Fraud Unit. While Perkins and Stieglitz’s expertise will be missed by the close-knit FCPA Unit, the unit has added two more talented prosecutors in Johnson and Cestaro to the management ranks.

Top Ten International Anti-Corruption Developments for June 2017(direct .pdf link)

Derek J. Ettinger was part of several convictions:

Former Stockbroker Pleads Guilty To Fraud Charges

Former Ethics Judge Cops To $3M Fraud - paywalled

United States of America v. Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd.

David I. Salem

David Salem is an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Maryland, who has tried dozens of civil and criminal cases in federal court. David previously worked in the Office of General Counsel at the CIA and in the Division of Market Regulation for the Securities and Exchange Commission. He is a graduate of the University of Maryland, where he received a joint JD/MBA. David teaches criminal procedure with a focus on the laws that affect how to properly collect and use evidence for criminal prosecution.

University of Maryland

I can't find much on Michael T. Packard other than several cases in which Rosenstein thanked him for his work, many of which were drug trafficking or fraud related.

If anyone can find anything else related to the team prosecuting the case, please post it here.

edit on 14-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed bbcode

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Great thread J&C!

Any idea if Chuang is related to Huey-Min Chuang? Check out the connection with Clinton, Cuomo and Empire State Development....if the Chuangs are related....well....
edit on 1/14/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Judge. CHQ Staff | 3/22/17

Huey

Updated October 12, 2012
By Emily Laermer
Huey-Min Chuang understands resilience. At the age of 10, Ms. Chuang moved with her family from Taiwan to Buenos Aires. Unable to find work, her parents went back home after a few months, leaving their four children alone for five years with just biannual visits and a monthly allowance. Ms. Chuang, the second youngest, was left in the care of her older siblings, then 15 and 13.

"There were rules we had as a family so we weren't broken apart," she said. For starters, they couldn't talk to outsiders about their home life.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Theodore:

Chuang, whose parents are from Taiwan, was selected for the court in 2013 as part of a new wave of younger judges nominated by Barack Obama.

Who is the Maryland judge in the Trump travel ban ruling? - Baltimore Sun

I couldn't ever find anything more than this brief mention.

Huey-Min:

Huey-Min Chuang understands resilience. At the age of 10, Ms. Chuang moved with her family from Taiwan to Buenos Aires. Unable to find work, her parents went back home after a few months, leaving their four children alone for five years with just biannual visits and a monthly allowance. Ms. Chuang, the second youngest, was left in the care of her older siblings, then 15 and 13.

Huey-Min Chuang, 39
Empire State Development Corp., Senior director
- Crain's

This has much more detail but not enough to say how possible. Not enough to say yes; nowhere near enough in fact.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Check out the overlap at Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering, Hale and Dorr LLP between Todd Stern and Theodore Chuang....Stern was Clintons Climate Czar...both for Bill during his presidency and Hillary as SoS...

Not only that but look at all the connections with the Clintons to Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering, Hale and Dorr LLP....pretty crazy how many...

Not that this means anything, but they are heavily involved with this particular law firm.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Odd connections to Empire....so Laura Graham...

Also in December 2011, Clinton Foundation chief operating officer Laura Graham contacted Band to complain that stress she blamed on the former president and Chelsea Clinton was causing her to consider suicide.

Band wrote that when Graham called him, she was in her car parked near the water with her foot on the gas pedal. He said he dissuaded her from hurting herself.

“She called me to tell me the stress of all of this office crap with wjc and cvc as well as that of her family had driven her to the edge and she couldn’t take it anymore,” Band wrote in an email to Podesta and Cheryl Mills, then Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff.

Graham later departed the Clinton Foundation, taking a new job with the Empire State Development Corporation. Phone messages left for Graham on Monday received no response.

Source

Now there has to be some serious stuff going down to be wanting to kill yourself...and this was all in the Podesta wikileaks....
edit on 1/14/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm glad you picked up on that. I saw the Stern connection when I was running down what the law firm was doing during and after Chuang working for them but didn't include it since it was a bit after Chuang left. It's entirely possible Chuang is at least somewhat familiar with some of the ones who ended up with the Clintons in some form or fashion.

Thanks, TAT, for the pm regarding the updates Imperator_Rex has posted.

Chuang Senate Judiciary Questionnaire(direct .pdf link)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Like a boss 👌 That didnt take long. No contribution, just letting it known its appreciated.

@smurfy: what do you mean? Q?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
...the wives.

Jacinta Ma Chuang

Prior to working at AAJC, Ma was senior advisor to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Commissioner Stuart J. Ishimaru where she advised the Commissioner on matters involving employment discrimination and administrative law. Ma also served as senior policy advisor in the Office of First Lady Michelle Obama working on matters related to childhood obesity, mentoring and other priorities of the First Lady.

Jacinta Ma
Director of Policy and Advocacy,
National Immigration Forum

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
...the wives.

Jacinta Ma Chuang

Prior to working at AAJC, Ma was senior advisor to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Commissioner Stuart J. Ishimaru where she advised the Commissioner on matters involving employment discrimination and administrative law. Ma also served as senior policy advisor in the Office of First Lady Michelle Obama working on matters related to childhood obesity, mentoring and other priorities of the First Lady.

Jacinta Ma
Director of Policy and Advocacy,
National Immigration Forum

Is Jacinta the Judge's wife?
BTW: There is also a WH photographer named Yu-Ning Aileen Chuang

White House Photographer Unveils New Photos of Hillary Clinton as First Lady

www.usnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Whoopee, so our gubment is corrupt beyond a reasonable doubt. Pats each others back in consensus.

What a circle jerk.

Now what?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There is a lot tying the two names together as being related.

Circle of Advocates

Paul and Louann Igasaki
Zenobia Lai
Chin Le and Vanita Gupta
Ronald Lee
Tony Lin
Curtis Lu
Jacinta Ma and Theadore Chuang
Mytrang Nguyen
Lucy Grace Noyola
Janet and Christopher Rhee

The Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

send jeff sessions a link to this thread?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
this is the first crack in the dam, this is going to become a flood in the next 12 months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join