It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT Bitcoin plug teases - Everyone is getting Hilariously Rich, but you're not

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
nytimes.com/2018/01/13/style/bitcoin-millionaires.html

They state bitcoin went from $830 to $19,300...acquired 50 or more bitcoin during the lower value now has over $1 million dollars worth based on the current value

Well show me the guy who bought a million dollar home with the 50 bitcoins he originally purchased for $830 each, and then I'll be impressed.

Find that guy, put him on the news, or at least youtube.

Why, of why haven't we heard of him?

Fairy-tales.

That's why.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Planette
nytimes.com/2018/01/13/style/bitcoin-millionaires.html

They state bitcoin went from $830 to $19,300...acquired 50 or more bitcoin during the lower value now has over $1 million dollars worth based on the current value

Well show me the guy who bought a million dollar home with the 50 bitcoins he originally purchased for $830 each, and then I'll be impressed.

Find that guy, put him on the news, or at least youtube.

Why, of why haven't we heard of him?

Fairy-tales.

That's why.

Do you doubt that the early investors that held their bitcoins did not make money?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
one simple question - how many people have actually bought bitcoin in 2018 - or traded goods sevices for it[ them ] ?

people keep telling us that 1 bitcoin is alledgedly worth $ ****** [ USD ]

so - what has been the trade volume so far this year ???

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: strongfp

Tulips are not a very good analogy, you can grow more tulip bulbs, you can not grow more BitCoin.

You can also just magically take away bitcoin in a blink of an eye by destroying electrical infrastructure. At least tulips you can sustain...

How is that any different for the countless millions who use a eft or debit card? Money in the bank is rendered down to nothing more than a number on a screen, that is sent or received electronically. I doubt anyone will be getting hard cash from a bank if the power is out.

Take down the electrical infrastructure, people without access to their money still can't eat their phones.

And frankly, if the electrical grid went down, we'd have a lot more to worry about than how many millions we have stored in a database. Gold or silver won't be readily usable for the majority of people either. No more than that picture of a 9 legged spider that guy drew to pay his bill...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

But people create new cryptocurrencies all the time. Therefore watch government 'regulate' them with fedcoins, cryptodollars, or some other counterfeit.

You know the rules, they make the rules.

Cryptos started out a great idea, decentralized money but now they're being traded in the future's market right? That means they're being slowly corralled by the money interests which have no interest in you circumventing their control grid.

Banks will end up controlling all cryptos and energy to prevent people form creating new crypto-blockchains and or processing transactions. You cannot deny they require power and it's kind of hard for you to generate enough power on your own to get around that fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's a worldwide 24 hour market backed by the people, electricity, equipment, time and effort it takes to provide the processing power to secure and confirm it.

It is real...the trade volume alone of the top 25 cryptos just in the last 24 hours is $30,000,000.00.
That doesn't even count actual transaction volume - just trading.

This won't be going away anytime soon...

Sure it's a bubble, but most new technological achievement are met with a degree of hysteria when they first come out.
It's human nature but it doesn't mean it's a scam, or fake, or a ponzi.

By the way - the people who keep saying it's digital so it's not real money should try going to their bank and getting more than $5000 out in cash - that should open your eyes to how "real" our accepted system actually is.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lfOf course gold and silver will be readily usable. You think power brokers just disappear because the power is out? The ones who have seized control of the goods, will have a direct line of contact with the government itself, and the government will continue to accept the gold and silver as without power 90% of money has vanished.

Pay the warlord for your booze and cheerios in silver, later he sends that bullion to the government, which will thank him with arms for keeping a stable system running. That warlord/prepper is now your new mayor/governor. Of course you could always challenge them, but they have the bullion to pay and arm others to fight you back.

The only thing that happens when electricity disappears is that humans go back to the ways of old. Big dogs take # by force and demand you kneel, and pay them accordingly for peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Do you doubt that the early investors that held their bitcoins did not make money?

The only testimony I've heard is of people who jumped in and out several times, and cursed themselves for not just holding the position, and not trading at all.

Some people made money, then gave it back when they panicked as the bitcoin fell, and then were upset they sold, when bitcoin rallied again.

I haven't heard of anyone that just held, then spent it to buy something real, like a house or car.

The market has a weird way of moving in a pattern to frustrate the maximum number of people who try to catch the moves. In the optimum, the market frustrates everybody.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The only testimony I've heard is of people who jumped in and out several times, and cursed themselves for not just holding the position, and not trading at all.

Some people made money, then gave it back when they panicked as the bitcoin fell, and then were upset they sold, when bitcoin rallied again.

I haven't heard of anyone that just held, then spent it to buy something real, like a house or car.

The market has a weird way of moving in a pattern to frustrate the maximum number of people who try to catch the moves. In the optimum, the market frustrates everybody.

really? Go on reddit and look what people are buying with bitcoin. People are living off of bitcoin already.

People said the same thing about paper money when the governments were convincing them to give up there gold and silver.

Now people are starting to realize why paper money doesn't work. It's not even paper money anyway. It's digital. It's easily counterfeited, it's centralized (you have to trust a greedy human with your money), it's completely rigged, it is a ponzi scheme.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Planette

That right there..i am not interested in bitcoin but our friend who lives with us sure is.He assures us he is a millionaire in bitcoin but he seems penniless irl.We have to support him as if he was our child.Well we don't Have to,technically but who wants to see a friend homeless?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on 15-1-2018 by DISRAELI because: point already made

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: Planette

That right there..i am not interested in bitcoin but our friend who lives with us sure is.He assures us he is a millionaire in bitcoin but he seems penniless irl.We have to support him as if he was our child.Well we don't Have to,technically but who wants to see a friend homeless?

Well he is foolish if he s not selling some now. Bitcoin’s run as the leading crypto is nearly over. It is inferior to many others, and the market is all waking up to that. I agree with a hodl strategy but you have to not let your bias blind you to what is going on in the market.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

If you "heard" or if you did not "heard" is not a basis to make a solid call on validity of bitcoin or crypto.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have a good friend that’s a doctor. He has owned an airplane for decades, an avid aviator. He always used to say ‘don’t ever feel bad for a person that owns an airplane’. What I am saying here is — he was already a millionaire. He started buying Bitcoins at $600 and stopped at $900, and told me to do the same. I always knew he was brilliant with his investments. I told him to clue me in on the next one. It was Bitcoin. I wanted to take his advice, yet didn’t feel like I had the extra funds. I am kicking myself over and over now. He has become a multi-millionaire now, off of Bitcoin. It appears that most writing about Bitcoin here is in the same boat as me. Pissed they didn’t invest when it was feasible. I say cheers to those that were smart enough. It kind of reminds me of the phrase ‘don’t hate the player, hate the game’.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Why not the stock market? Why not the service industry? Why not manufacturing? Why not yacht sales? On and on and on.

Because those didn't post THOUSANDS of percent in returns in one year.

Bitcoin has been around since 2009, and folks still made plenty off it last year. No real reason to expect this is just going to end with it or other cryptos.

Here's the thing. Why not jump in with an amount you can AFFORD to lose? Just sit on it. See what happens. Worst case, you're out the money. Best case, YOU are one of the ones who made a ton of money from so little.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

ok well you can still buy bitcoin... You're going to kick yourself harder when it's worth a million dollars for 1 bitcoin in 3 years.

There are a lot of other crypto currencies now that are making a ton of money...

I put 300 bucks into one called funfair the other day, i sold it for 2600 dollars just recently.

Now you have literally thousands cryptos to choose from that can make you a multimillionaire.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

If you "heard" or if you did not "heard" is not a basis to make a solid call on validity of bitcoin or crypto.

If you personally testified here that you bought bitcoin in the early days and held it, and recently bought a house or car with it, then that would add to the "validity" of the crypto.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
People that are holding bitcoin will someday soon.

80% of bitcoins have been mined.

Only a few million left.

Demand will get greater.

Supply is limited.

Price goes up.

Some examples of non-mineable digital currencies are Ripple, IOTA, NEM, NEO, Qtum, Omisego, Lisk, Stratis, Waves, and EOS.

cointelegraph.com...

IMO the most valuable cryptos are the ones that can be mined.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

one simple question - how many people have actually bought bitcoin in 2018 - or traded goods sevices for it[ them ] ?

I did (i.e. bought crypto in 2018). So, in a year, I'll report back.

IMO the most valuable cryptos are the ones that can be mined.

I tend to agree, but I'm still going to diversify just a bit with some like IOTA, Ripple, and a couple of others....in addition to the standard Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sweet, NYT has joined Gannet media to announce the new Wall Street-backed anti-establishment currency.

How does this not red flag ATS??

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join