It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Children our future? Mortality Rate WORST Of all wealthy nations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

US mortality rate was 70% higher for infants, and 50% higher for kids 1-19yo than the other developed countries in study. More than half Americans no longer even have at least a thousands bucks saved up for a rainy day or dry spell (see www.cnbc.com...).

Study found 15-19 is 82% more likely to die of gun violence than in any other country. Not sure if it looked at obesity as a factor, but similarly, more than half of US kids become or remain obese by their 30s! So much for vaccines and other modern healthcare developments.

Not surprised a nation so indulgent and trigger-happy overseas, is also the same greedy way at home. Will it self-destruct before it brings the whole world down with it? One look at today's experimental mad science skies isn't very promising, either.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Study found 15-19 is 82% more likely to die of gun violence than in any other country

Bull and snip.

People are more likely to die from abortion than 'gun violence'.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The child mortality rate in the US is higher only because of gang violence in major cities.

It is gang on gang and many of the gang members are children.

They shoot each other and ... this is one of the results.

I don't think you need to look elsewhere.

P

edit on 14/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Perhaps if counting fetuses count as people,

yeah..

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Gangs , drugs , and parents lack of caring in some cases. The lack of caring probably stemming from the first two.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette
you made a topic worthy of discussion, and then tagged in chemtrails at the end.
seems strange to almost sabotage yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Maybe we should just give the new babies all vaccines at once!!!

You know herd immunity!

Then we can follow it up with copious amounts of sugar, neuro-toxins, hormones, and fluoride!!!

They should be just fine.

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmSunday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

AS stated if inner city youths decided to do something better with their time than rob and gun each other down then no doubt the change would be a water shed moment, I will not hold my breath however as there are many cultural issues at play..

Regarding Big pharma it is a win win, feed ignorant and misguided population copious amounts of toxic addictive food to then sell them the medical products to keep them alive, it is the American dream.

Until you get a general population that can confront the elephant in the room I expect this number you portray to grow over the coming years, it is not like there is any really meaningful way to tackle the situation. LIberals have seen to that....

If you want mass population control just bring to market sex droids, that in the "future" will be the number one cause of Human population decline, for a overview watch the Futurama episode "I dated a robot", that kinda covers it...

RA

edit on 14-1-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Study found 15-19 is 82% more likely to die of gun violence than in any other country

Bull and snip.

People are more likely to die from abortion than 'gun violence'.

Nope.

National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 65, Number 4 - June 30, 2016 - Deaths: Final Data for 2014

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Some could say those statistics belong to a sh*thole country...

I’m one of them.

edit on 14-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
The child mortality rate in the US is higher only because of gang violence in major cities.

It is gang on gang and many of the gang members are children.

They shoot each other and ... this is one of the results.

I don't think you need to look elsewhere.

P

While I can find a lot of agreement for your gang shootings theory, I have to disagree about not looking farther than that.

I recently had a long conversation with a relative who is an OB/GYN doc. He related to me that over the past year he has lost six babies, more than in the fifteen years he's been practicing. All these babies were from young mothers who were on meth and/or opiates. One was the result of an auto accident which occurred as a result of opiates and alcohol. She was 16 years old...her other two children had been removed from her care by Child Services.

I don't have any answers. Wish I did. I know a lot of the wrong answers---jail for one, our shoddy attempts at education as another.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just so we are all on the same page: developed countries are opposite of poop hole countries, and are supposed to have a better level of living?

The rest are personal choices. Want to spend a couple hundred dollars a month to get your family smart phones, want to buy a $5 coffee every day, want to spend $200 a month on a cable bill, don’t want to do outside activities unless it’s to join a gang.....one can see the path and one cannadvoid the path if one chooses

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette

Not surprised a nation so indulgent and trigger-happy overseas, is also the same greedy way at home.

Greedy?The US gives more foreign aid than any country in the world. That is not greedy.

Foreign Aid by country

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

originally posted by: Planette

Not surprised a nation so indulgent and trigger-happy overseas, is also the same greedy way at home.

Greedy?The US gives more foreign aid than any country in the world. That is not greedy.

Foreign Aid by country

Name 5 countries on that list who receive that aid that the U.S do not receive some type of compensation from in the form of political advantage, economic advantage, military advantage etc.

No foreign aid from any country is fully altruistic...
There is always stipulations attached for the receiver.

Point being, your argument is a specious attempt to deny greed by pointing to aid as if it is in no way beneficial to the U.S, and purely out of goodness.
No chance, mate.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I'm not going to jump thru hoops for you. The op made a statement that is provably false. No other country gives more in foreign aid. (Source shown above)

The false statement that the US is greedy shows that everything else in the OP could be false as well.

Thank you and goodnight.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
According to the OP, at the rate we're going, everyone is America will be dead in 14 minutes.

Everyone!

Because GUNS and we don't give enough foreign aid.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
HU ?
Ok reality check .
I am 52 and raised six boys and consider my self very lucky along with being over protective here is a list of the times one of my six boys Could have been a death and my actions which kept it from happing .

Boys oldest ( first child 1 Got spinal meningitis because his ideit grandmother though raw oysters were something to feed a 1 year old .
Doctor said if my wife had wated any longer to bring him he would have died and he did get alot of never damage and learning disibiltys from it .

2 second oldest who is a twine ( so 2 or 3 your choice lol )
at 2 gave him a hot dog ok I was young and stupid a mint later doing the child Heimlich lucky for me it came right back out .

4 th oldest at 2 weeks and 6 weeks in intensive care UNKNOWN finly got better on his own .

3 rd oldest Other twin fever 103.5 rush to emergency room doctor comes out says Scarlet fever !!! Darn near passed out ( doc sees me is NO NO we can stop it now he will be fine )

again the 4th child at 1.5 years old in a flemarket gave him a banana next thing i know he is not breathing pulled him out of stroller in the middle of the ile put him on ground and did the child Heimlich with 50 people standing around giving stupid advice took me almost 3 mints to finly clear his air way to close much to close .

sorry I cant say me or my wife ever used drugs sorry to say Both me and my wife stayed on our toes and never just assumed the kid was fine its a shame I dont fit your world view nore does any one I know who have had things such as mine .

Fact is so many things can end in death of a child you dont need to be a crack head
there is 4 out of 6 of my boys of which alest 2 would have been dead 20 years earler and the others I got lucky it could have just as easly been 4 out of 6 who died even though me and my wife were very very good parents .

the real problem is People take it for grant things will be ok its just a fever its just a cold next thing you know its just a dead child .

You want to lower the deaths back down STOP assuming your kid is fine stop assuming the doctors are out to kill them by giving them shots .
Use your brain do what helps then say no to what wont help ( messels killed millions chicken pocks killed millions mumps killed millions Getting shots has reduced the deaths from that to 100s .
wile at the same time tring to get people off drugs and teaching young people to be responsible wate till you can take care of a child to have one .

Its not hard 6 boys all 18 - 26 ONLY ONE has kids 2 and the 3rd in 3 weeks . He owns his home has a good job and the women does almost as well as my wife and any other women I know .

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

It likely is “provably false”...
The sheer mass of the generalisation alone casts down on the idea...

But what you just provided is not proof at all.

Loads of greedy people/orgs/parties/corps/institutes/govs give money to people if it has a self-interest attached to it.

Whatever, it’s meaningless in the long run.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is a self resolving issue. God (or mother nature if you prefer ) has a way of sorting these things out. Americans are too self serving. We want instant gratification for everything. Once the immature generations either grow up or die out, the trend will reverse itself. Prosperity is not a right, but must be earned. Suffering is not necessarily an evil, but opens the opportunity for personal growth and adaptation to the social environment. Once we learn and apply principles like personal responsibility and moderation in all aspects of life, things will get better.

<<   2 >>

join