It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practicality of Glock 18 (33rd) 9mm magazines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My carry gun is a g26 frame with g19 barrel and slide (+ modified Goshen hexsites rather than OEM or etc) that I carry one or two of my altered custom +2 or +3 round base plate g26 mags for as well as at least 2 more g17 mags for some with and some without base plate extensions depending on how I'm dressed etc that day.

I have actually had the experience of having to defend my own life with a handgun once already before, and I used every last one of my 46 ready rounds in the process!

Good on you for carrying extra deep!

The funny thing is, anyone who talks about needing just one round forgets that not only does the other guy get a vote in all this but if you're actually following the law he probably gets the first shot (or 17) off before your gun is even clearing leather!

That's reality. It's ugly, but it's true.

I personally don't see the practical application of 32's, but if they work for you by all means go for it!

I have mine for various carbines and shop monstrosities I build etc, but those are range guns/science projects. Like my homage to an Argentinian prototype SMG / ar15 parts / mat-49 homage mashup gun with the spring loaded folding magazine well and stark industries pistol grip...

It might look like someone dropped a bunch of acid then smashed a tech 9 a Mac 10 and a box of AR15 parts together REAL HARD, but it's fun. (And it takes glockazine brand happy sticks, so it's relevant)

Edit: ugh 33 round magazines? Between cz-26's Sterling's and all the other weirdness I have floating around in my safe and parts bins I don't even know some days. The shop monstrosity gun has a sister that fires 7.62x25 tokarev and uses cz-26 mags. I built that one first because the angled inward sides of the magazines (and being straight stick mags unlike glockazines) made the initial build much easier to get right.
edit on 18-1-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I own 4 33 round ETS Glock magazines, 20 Magpul Pmags in standard 17 and 15 round capacities, and about 15 or 16 more Glock brand mags of 15 round capacity. Why? Because I can, and because pistol caliber carbines that take Glock mags are as prevalent as AR15s.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And people are finally starting to come out with really nice drop in magwell blocks to take the glockazine in a bog standard AR receiver.

Like vxn says, if you want it buy it.

The truth about carry anything is it only works if you consistently carry it, have the will to use it, the situational awareness and discernment to know when it's time, and the skills to do so effectively.

Look at how many home invaders go down to 70 year olds with pistols older than they are.

Gear only gets you so far, and absolutely cannot make up for a lack of skill, will, or situational awareness.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
33 round magazines can be very useful.
I always keep two in my bugout bag in my trunk. General rule of thumb though, stick to Glock brand mags. I have had two other brand 33 round mags before and they both had problems. Major problems. The kind of problems that would get you killed.

As the great warrior poet 21 Savage once said,
“It don’t got glock on the bottom, n**** it ain’t no real 30.”

top topics

<< 1   >>

join