It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot or not, that is the question

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well lucky us red heads produce more vitamin d than most people

On a serious note, vaccines are a big no no for me.
1. I hate needles.
2. Even if they told me the exact chemical structure of what the vaccine was composed of, I still wouldn't trust that it doesn't have "something extra" hidden within.
3. I hate needles
4. I believe the human body can overcome whatever the world can throw at it, if not, then maybe your just meant to die (kidding). OK but what if (a big what if) the flu is the earths way of handling the overpopulation of mankind? something tells me were not supposed to be tampering with nature like we are... but then again isn't that what humans do?
5. I seriously haate needles

Anyway when it comes to the crunch there is too much chance of contamination for me to even consider considering vaccinations, whether it be by the scientists, doctors or some shady government official tipping someone a few $$$ to add an "extra ingredient" I don't believe there is enough evidence and "truth" that has been revealed, for me at least.
That could be due to lack of research on my behalf but I don't feel it's time for me yet, if ever.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The vaccine missed the mark this year on both type A components: H1N1 and H3N2. Received this information from the ER physician when I had to go in. Hospitals are full of it....and most had the vaccine.

No point in getting it this year.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I get one every year and have for years. No problems and no flu.

And after reading all the horror stories about the shingles vaccine, and putting it off for years, I finally had one. No issues with that either. Couldn't even tell I'd had anything except for a day of soreness at the injection site for about 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: TNMockingbird

We might as well wear latex gloves when we leave the house and dust masks! The dust masks are cumbersome and I'm sure people will look at us like we're nuts, lol. Too bad they don't have anything to put in our noses so it doesn't attract attention.
Dust masks are not in fashion, lol.

MIght not be a bad idea. My daughter is highly allergic to latex so only non latex for her.
As far as fashion goes...I think that we could pull this off!
ellessco.com...

Some folks may even appreciate me in a mask!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I hope you have success with the shot.
After talking to our pharmacist....we opted to not get the shingles shot....according to what he knew, it is not known to be all that successful in preventing or minimizing the illness.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I suffered a bout with shingles a couple of months ago. It was very uncomfortable/embarrassing and the worst, for me, was the anti viral medication which I did not finish. It left me feeling just awful. The scars are fading thankfully.
The doctor that treated me said that a few months after recovering I may want to look into the vaccine.
He also said that it may come back or never again so...
I think if I get it again, I may after that look into the vaccine :/ maybe.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I have some experience with shingles.
My husband got it bad about 10 years ago. And we waited too long for him to take the drug.
He's had two very minor outbreaks since then, but we were proactive....

I've talked to the pharmacist, and done some research.
There are plenty of natural remedies....or at the least supplements you can take to nip the attack in the bud.

This is what he took, for about a week-10 days after showing symptoms
Vitamin d ...5,000 IU
Vitamin b-Complex....50 mg ....3x a day
Digestive enzymes, between meals 3x day eg. NOW Pancreatin
Lysine... 2-3 per day.....between meals....see link for foods to avoid with this
Olive Leaf extract ....3-4 per day, between meals

Plenty of links, but here are a few
healthwyze.org...
www.verywell.com...
www.holistic-online.com...

edit on Mon Jan 15 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I hope you have success with the shot.
After talking to our pharmacist....we opted to not get the shingles shot....according to what he knew, it is not known to be all that successful in preventing or minimizing the illness.

And my doctor and pharmacist told me the opposite! Go figure. He said even if you already have it, it will reduce the longevity, and severity.

I had it because a friend's mother has it, and she said it hurts so bad on her legs she can't even stand for the sheets to touch them. It puts her completely out of commission. She can't even go to work when she has a bout. I think a lot of people don't realize how awful it is, so I decided to take the chance and I'm glad I did.

But people have to do what is best for them.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I suffered a bout with shingles a couple of months ago. It was very uncomfortable/embarrassing and the worst, for me, was the anti viral medication which I did not finish. It left me feeling just awful. The scars are fading thankfully.
The doctor that treated me said that a few months after recovering I may want to look into the vaccine.
He also said that it may come back or never again so...
I think if I get it again, I may after that look into the vaccine :/ maybe.

I would definitely give it some thought and talk to your doctor and pharmacist about it. I saw on those essential oils forums there are some of those that help topically too. I don't remember which one, but I'm sure you can look for it.
I'm so sorry you had a bout with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have to ask....was it a bigbox pharmacy, like CVS, Walgreens or Walmart?
Those pharmacists have to tow the MSM party line.

Used to have a great pharmacist at Walmart....she would be a great source of info....until she got more and more reticent to talk...and then was gone from the store.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No flu shots here.
I plan to keep washing my hands

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Dont know about where you live, but here in west Texas, we went to the clinic last week to get the flu shot and were told by the nurse they ran out 3 months ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It's worthless. Especially this year. Unless you are immunocompromised skip it.

I work in a hospital. Mandatory flu shot, pts get flu shots. Half our patients have the flu and about 1/3 of the staff got it.
edit on 15-1-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
The vaccine missed the mark this year on both type A components: H1N1 and H3N2. Received this information from the ER physician when I had to go in. Hospitals are full of it....and most had the vaccine.

No point in getting it this year.

I can confirm this as I work in a large hospital.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Dear Bluntone22, I did a flu shot this year, though in January I got ill anyways. It was not a flu, though some kind of virus for sure, as almost for 14 days I felt weak and had most of the flu symptoms. So there is actual need to have these flu injections to your body.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i would never get one. some times it causes people to get the flu.. i mean there giving you a diluted shot of the flu virus and who knows what else is in there, most things i have read about flu shots seem to say it can do more harm than good.

personally i think its best to stay away from any type of medications for the big pharma companys.. they want your money so they mix up chemicals in a lab that kill allot of people. they don't care if it kills you, makes you feel lousy causes some sort of perminate damage to you, as long as they get your money first that is all that matters to them.

unless i am about to die im not taking any medications or similar stuff even if i am sick..

when i was a kid i was constantly sick. mom always carting me to the doctor to get me meds and allergy shots and all kind of crap. one year i was even held back a grade in school cus i missed so much school from being sick.. once i got a little older i refused to go to the doctor or take medications. i quit getting sick and i havent been sick sick in like 25 years...

but now i realize now just about any type of medication i do take makes me feel horrible so i think the med's were always what made me feel sick.

i mean i took 2 different antibiotics a few years back when i was feeling really lousy for more than just a couple of days.
and after a few days on the meds i went from feeling not very good to feeling like i had the flue and throwing up and missing work.. i quit taking them and the next day i felt better. i told the doctor and the doctor gave me another one and the same thing happened and as soon as i quit taking it i felt better.. me and meds do not mix..

there dangerous

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No shots fired here.

Sure it's great to get vaccinated, but I'm the 'walk it off' kind off guy and I believe some illnesses that are treated with shots can compromise the immune system, If you have kids then by all means get your kids and yourself a shot, but over medicating doesn't help, especially when it comes to the common cold.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Judy21

Dear Bluntone22, I did a flu shot this year, though in January I got ill anyways. It was not a flu, though some kind of virus for sure, as almost for 14 days I felt weak and had most of the flu symptoms. So there is actual need to have these flu injections to your body.

Can you describe this need? Your post doesn't address why.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'd never get a flu shot either, for myself or any member of my family. Trying to get my dad to stop getting it (mom doesn't either, thankfully.)

I'm not opposed to all vaccines. I think smallpox, polio, measles, tetanus, etc were/are good ideas, but while Influenza can be deadly, it rarely is, especially in healthy individuals in modern society.

A small % reduction in being sick from flu, which typically consists of being cold, tired/weak and coughing for a few days isn't something I'm willing to mess with my immune system over.

Even if there's no major undesirable effects (like many believe), I believe the best immune system is one that's properly nourished (meaning food, exercise, hydration, low-stress) and trained to deal with it's natural environment. Not unnaturally spiked as if it hadn't evolved over thousands/millions of years to fight off infections.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Judy21

So you got the flu shot, got some viral illness that wasn't influenza, and that is why you believe there is an "actual need" for a flu vaccine, even though there was no flu vaccine for most of human history?

I understand if you want it, but how does that experience indicate to you that there's a need for a flu shot?

Also curious how you know it wasn't influenza, we're you tested for it? And could it be possible that your immune system being set haywire by the vaccine threw it off, causing you to fall ill to whatever you fell ill to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join