It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a new topic for cryptocurrencies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have some and most people do at the moment. Hows bout a crypto label for the crypto posts, so I dont get tricked into reading some pump and dump coin while I am trying to read the good #

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paytaplay

Agreed, perhaps a alt-investment slot in the forum?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hmm there’s a guy selling copper bitcoins for $50 a pop. Seems like this crypto currency is a good venture.

Lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Cryptocurrency forums are a must, and ATS is severely behind the 8 ball on this subject.

I am venturing elsewhere to learn more about crypto, and ATS members are missing out on a lot of great information about the future of finance by it being missing as a subject...

Bickering about Trump for years on end is going to solve nothing. Learning about crypto will at least gain some knowledge that may be useful some day.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'd much rather talk bout crypto's than talk bout politics.

It's actually productive.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yep.

The cryptocurrency market is the best way for regular people to invest in technologies they believe in. It is crowd funding with ROI.

It's also a new way for regular people to store some value and buying power in an increasingly inflationary environment.

That transcends political BS in a lot of ways because currency debasement affects everyone. I think we are seeing the fundamental reformation of global economics. Regular people are making that happen. I think it is appropriate to have a forum for Blockchain in general as well as blockchain-like technologies like IOTA's Tangle ledger.

Cryptocurrency is simply a part of this technology's potential. For that reason it should have its own forum.
edit on 14 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How does ATS not view conspiracy within crypto... wake the hell up, please???

The entire future of finance is changing before our eyes, block chain technology is a more important invention than even agriculture, a completely incognito entity in Shatoshi Nakamoto created this completely decentralized platform that actually is and will shift to be all of Earth's currency mainstays, and people think someone saying the word 'sh*thole' is a bigger conspiracy???

mashable.com...

How does the entire face of commerce/finance being changed by a completely unknown person/group go unchecked for credibility? We are seriously watching almost the entire globe turn their backs to these aspects because there is personal wealth being earned by it... its odd how people turn a quick cheek to aspects that may benefit them.

Hell, I am invested too... I'm not really one to point fingers. But, at least I understand there's enough conspiracy content in crypto and that ATS is getting too hung up on politics to be rooted deep in conspiracy like days of old.
edit on 14-1-2018 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: paytaplay
It is easy enough to cover Crypto under Global Meltdown, since it is a financial instrument of discussion. Why don't yall show that forum some love and just keep your crypto talk there with the rest of us ancient ass traditional investors??

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Why don't yall show that forum some love and just keep your crypto talk there with the rest of us ancient ass traditional investors?

Adapt or become an evolutionary dead end.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Bitcoin solved decades old computer science problems in order to exist. Today, Bitcoin is the slowest and most expensive crypto currency to transact with.

Now that technology is everywhere and it is being used to stave off the economic ruin that automation will bring to people as jobs start to disappear. Instead of an unworkable UBI, Blockchains have answered that by developing machine economics and transactions based on IoT concepts.

It is changing the world. For the better in most cases.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And or protect you from losing the farm.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Im doing just fine. I am simply explaining that this financial instrument and any conspiracies related to them fall under the parameters and scope of the Global Meltdown forum. Instead of creating a new forum, perhaps we should simply utilize an existing one that was made to discuss exactly what some are advocating for.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But cryptocurrency isn't big enough to cause a global meltdown.

Right now it's the red headed step child that no one wants anything to do with.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree fully, and trust crypto more than I trust fiat at this point in time. While I trust its principles and what it fixes, I still would like to know who the hell Shatoshi Nakamoto is... even though I fully understand why Shatoshi strives to remain secretive.

I feel AI created block chain, and that humans used it to create Bitcoin. There's a full on financial push to make robots enter into the block chain arenas and governments are setting AI up to be valid tax paying citizens so AI can influence finances to governmental operations. This is the biggest rabbit hole a centralized financial network can go through, and we are starting to enter it now!

Sophia already has its own coin... AGI... the ICO sold out in minutes.

I already have my full future career planned... including my autonomous RV/recording studio that allows me to wake up in a new location each and every waking session.

Just beware of the fedcoin, or whatever it will be named. I will never trust a centralized currency network again!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

I am well vested in crypto. I invested, the investments rolled over 100%, I removed my initial investments, and I'm essentially being paid/donated funds to invest with further.

I have zero trouble with farm management, but I appreciate the concern...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That is just the name of the forum man. It covers anything related to global finance and conspiracies related to them.

and trust crypto more than I trust fiat

Crypto is fiat, its the same thing.
edit on 1-14-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

No it isn't. You have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Obviously you feel that way. You're pushing to include a decentralized currency into a centralized/manipulated/controlled fiat currency in the same forum.

Not to mention, I thought it was a damn Global Warming section by title. Why the hell are they going to mask the financial title to be misleading... especially when most people are financially poorly educated?

Crypto is de-centralized. Fiat is centralized. Not understanding that concept equates to learning being advised on the differences.

Think of it what you will. But based on this conversation, there's a clear need for people to learn a lot more bout crypto than is currently known. Masking the forum in a misleading title and hiding subject matters so important is not the wisest of choices if you ask me... it's just a sign that people don't like change.

Seriously, we're talking about adding a bunch of 1's and 0's to an ocean of them... we're not asking the site to be redesigned. Hell... change the title of the current link for all I care. To not include it for whatever reason is kind of childish... lets move on already.
edit on 14-1-2018 by ttobban because: spelling and added comments

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

How is crypto and fiat the same?

Crypto is fiat, its the same thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That is the beauty of this debate, and why its so important to have a stronger emphasis of debate on the subjects of crypto... separately from traditional platforms, simply because this is not traditional technology.

As the information and usage of crypto expand, individual ties to each side of the are going to make people start to show their true colors. Do we really think that the common lawyer, banker, or agent will enjoy their tactics of pulling fees and a piece of the pie for essentially doing nothing disappear? I don't think so, therefore we will witness what is essentially a fiat/crypto war over the next 5-10 years.

If there's going to be a war between the two currency mainstays, its kind of asinine to include them in the same subject matter in forum posting.

It seems pretty simple to me... ATS is a conspiracy site which prides itself on 'DENYING IGNORANCE.' Letting this subject matter go without its own subject matter would be...

Seriously... we have sections for tree knocks in squatch territory, but wanna talk about crypto and we're crazy???
edit on 14-1-2018 by ttobban because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join