It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Supporters Handbook.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So I do concede that my appeals are made in full knowledge that I am subject to their mercy and grace, and that I hold no power other than my own wit.

The only point I was making outside of all the conjecture.

Also, that in order to remain equal or keep equality, measures of authority would need to be used.

Happy to venture further into this balancing act in another thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And furthermore, if you Google "inequality is tyranny" you'll find papers like this "Inequality and the Art of Tyranny"

It is articulated that inequality in of itself (in terms of governance) is a fundamental hallmark of what we call Tyranny-Totalitarianism-Authoritarianism.

The party which suffers from an unequal application of harsh laws might claim "Oppression" and so such words as "Tyranny" are provoked to describe those oppressive, unequal and unfair applications of power.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How is it conjecture?

Yes, your statements were made in absence of information (you didn't realize inequality cannot exist without forming a tyranny), but my statements were made as a matter of fact under the pretense I had a full appreciation of the information relevant to make that claim.

So I was not performing an act of conjecture, guesswork, nor assumption. Instead I was objectively citing fact and explaining it eloquently, though it was in haste.

It is unlikely further discussion is required as I have taught you an important timeless lesson concerning the dynamics of power application in governance.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So I was not performing an act of conjecture, guesswork, nor assumption. Instead I was objectively citing fact and explaining it eloquently, though it was in haste.

Vehemently disagree.

For instance the term inequality.

plato.stanford.edu...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You only see these people attacking OP's in anti Trump threads. However you will never see them attack the OP in countless carewemust threads praising Trump. You won't see them attack the OP in countless Xuenchen fake news threads. You won't see them in dozens of threads where "liberals" and "leftists" get smeared.
You will however see them participating in those threads, star and flag those threads.
And still they have the decency to talk about division?!
Pathetic hypocrites.

edit on 14-1-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
You only see these people attacking OP's in anti Trump threads.

From what I've seen the anti-Trump threads carry a heavy amount of insult towards the Trump voters as well.

If you think that anyone is going to simply accept a premise that they suck and/or are stupid simply for voting for someone you dislike, then you might want to re-evaluate your approach to political discourse.

Then again, there is a civil war approaching so might as well get your hate on!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So in every thread about Trump now we see the same behaviours from the Trump supporters. These behaviours make actually having a proper debate on the issues at hand difficult. As such I thought it would be interesting to try to hold up a mirror to these individuals to explain why these behaviours are counterproductive to not just civil debate but also making their own political points.

NOTE:: Before I go any further with this thread I want to make it very clear that I understand that these same behaviours could also be applicable to other political groups and that there are many Trump supporters who do encourage and engage in meaningful debate.

So with that little disclaimer out of the way lets start with my list of “The Trump supporters Handbook”. I could probably go on with this all day but I figured I would write 5 to start with, and feel free to add your own.

01: When in doubt Deflect.

02: Take everything personally.

03: Lets Play a Word Game!

You know when I see something like this:

I will keep it simple:

I see deflection in both sides. Particulary with the anti Trump crowd’s unhingement. When you ask one why such hate you normally get back a reply of “what about what they said of Obama?” Deflection on Trump’s supporters part is basically a result of liberal hypocrisy. For example, Trump’s use of the word “#hole” when Democratic leaders of made the F bomb a common word in their speeches.

Taking everything personally? That is because the anti Trump crowd makes it personal. Rarely can a Trump supporter make a point without being labeled as something, whether it be a racist, a sexist, a supremist, a religous zealot, yada yada yda.

Your word game? Liberals have changed the meaning of racisism A racist is now basically anybody that disagrees with a liberal. It doesn’t have to be about race. I love Trump’s economic plan, as a result I am racist according to Liberals. It used to be that one didn’t have anything to do with the other, liberals have changed that in their minds.

I also enjoy how liberals preach about not labeling people, by labeling people.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

We just don't like you to be unhappy man.

Having read the replies up to this point, I don’t believe that’s even remotely true.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don’t always agree with you, but I always think your Trump threads have a lot of potential and they give me things to think about.

But I’d be lying if I said I ever learned a damn thing from any of them because literally, in these 8 pages, not one person had addressed the topic.
And that is a reoccurring theme really.

My advice to you, stop trying to reach out to Cult45.
You should feel no compulsion to try and reason with people who roll around in sh*t out of enjoyment.

Your choice obviously. You know how this ends if you persist though. More rolling around in sh*t.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You only see these people attacking OP's in anti Trump threads. However you will never see them attack the OP in countless carewemust threads praising Trump. You won't see them attack the OP in countless Xuenchen fake news threads. You won't see them in dozens of threads where "liberals" and "leftists" get smeared.
You will however see them participating in those threads, star and flag those threads.
And still they have the decency to talk about division?!
Pathetic hypocrites.

I personally have scolded the perpetrators of both sides, including those mentioned on the right.

I actually do not trust either side because they do not heed my warnings and I'm very suspicious of why they'd continue with divisive party politics after I expressed to them exactly why it was wrong to do so.

So you are wrong. For example we could dig up some very long posts by myself griping out our most famous right winger and his failure to reply at all is telling of his lack of sincerity or authenticity.

As far as I'm concerned all deceptive posters playing an angle for whatever devious agenda are valid targets.
edit on 1/14/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Vehemently disagree.

plato.stanford.edu...

I challenge you to explain:

1) How I misunderstood the concept of equality in terms of law enforcement.

2) How unequal law enforcement does not automatically lead to tyranny.

I will appraise your response fairly and concede if you can Trump my position that "inequality leads directly to authoritarianism and that claims of oppression under totalitarianism are bred from that inequity".

Pun intended yet again.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Vehemently disagree.

plato.stanford.edu...

For what it's worth I do really enjoy debating with you.

I apologize for the low blow (saying your point is mere virtue signaling) because I knew that'd sting a bit in a soft spot.

And though I apologized I do still believe it's true (your misguided virtue being limitless free speech without lawful boundaries) so I apologize for still believing it even after I apologized.

I will also apologize for a third time for making a hollow apology and then apologizing for it to reiterate the low blow, and I'll throw in a 4th apology because I actually like you personally and enjoy your company on here.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Not trying to change your thread, you would be the perfect person to make a thread about the amount of corruption in both the democratic and republican parties. Seems to me, the republicans are always calling the Dems "Crooked" when in fact, it is their party, with the most corruption, trump is a shining example, with a few indictments going out the first year of his presidency. 0 went out the entire Obama administration era.

The Bush Admin had 16 indictments 9 prison sentences. Clinton 2 indictments 1 prison sentence. The list goes on and on, ending with Nixon, with 52 indictments, and 15 prison sentences.
www.debatepolitics.com...

I'm sure others have already said that the repubs have no problem putting their own in jail, as your post shows.

Unlike the Dems.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

It really is getting pathetic how you always, and I mean always, play the victim card when you get called out on your ignorance, arrogance, and BS.

Instead of addressing his criticism, you just say poor me, tRuMp suPPoRtErS aRe GanGbaNGinG oN mE.

That's how it looks like, from my perspective at least
I enjoyed our debate a few months back but in this case there's enough to go around.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

but I always think your Trump threads have a lot of potential

not one person had addressed the topic. And that is a reoccurring theme really.

stop trying to reach out to Cult45. You should feel no compulsion to try and reason with people

Your choice obviously

Well, your're right about that. He chose to do this knowing damn well the reactions he would receive. But interesting the tone of your reply seems like you think OP is the innocent one in all of this.. and if so, really Haz?

Like I said before, there is NO comparison and this thread is a perfect example.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's probably none of my business either, but I literally just saw the flag count go from 41 to 56 in a matter of seconds.

Interesting ...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I remember seeing the same reactions towards GW Bush

The only comment I have, is the fact you made this thread shows you have that mentality where - if people dont agree with you then they are a, b or c.

Which is really immature.

Trumps a bombastic douche bag...
But he's the perfect president for America.
I wish my country had a leader who put my country first.

Now, its no hidden secret the media dishonesty has gone up a level against Trump. The media are in bed with the people who Trump beat. If you watch the TV and you get all your information from then, then you're obviously going to be anti-trump. Which sadly is most of the American populace.

What I laugh at, are the people on this board who have their little nicknames

'' Trumpsters '' or ''Dotards'' or what ever nonsense name you have.

You really look like school kids bickering when you use those ridiculous terms.. its quite funny to imagine what you must act like when you fight with your significant other...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Threads like these are beneficial to no one, even the op. It makes the OP look small minded, trump supporters look stupid, trump haters look stupid, and everyone else dumber for having participated or followed.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You only see these people attacking OP's in anti Trump threads.

From what I've seen the anti-Trump threads carry a heavy amount of insult towards the Trump voters as well.

If you think that anyone is going to simply accept a premise that they suck and/or are stupid simply for voting for someone you dislike, then you might want to re-evaluate your approach to political discourse.

Then again, there is a civil war approaching so might as well get your hate on!

Because to a Trump fanatic, it's PERSONAL.

They've tied their identity to the success or failure of Trump.

His victories are THEIR victories.

His losses are THEIR losses.

To these followers -- it is deeply personal to question Trump.

It's not unlike religious "conditioning"...when someone insults Christianity, Christians themselves FEEL personally insulted.

Trump = cult-o-personality.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

But interesting the tone of your reply seems like you think OP is the innocent one in all of this.. and if so, really Haz?

I actually do.

You see when I read the OP, I saw these words...

...there are many Trump supporters who do encourage and engage in meaningful debate.

Just because I and others take issue with Trumps politics and the politics of his supporters that is never intended as a personal jibe at anyone personally.

I recognise that many of you have valid reasons for supporting Trump.

And none of that is the slightest bit unreasonable.

But it seems like that particular shoe didn’t fit anyone.

Instead, their vitriolic overreactions suggest they are actually the very people the OP was referring to.

Which aside from being highly amusing to the neutral reader, it only resulted it 100% confirming everything he said.

So yes, really.

Besides...

I have even been told to basically kill myself over the stuff I write on this site. So is it any wonder some of us who oppose Trump might at times lose our cool a little.

I’d make thread after thread debasing such people if they were U2Uing disgusting hate mail to me as well.

So... Here we are.

edit on 15-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I saw those exact words too, except for me I can see through the BS for what it is. You highlight those few words and not only ignore the entire tone of his OP, but the glaring hypocrisy and irony dripping from it. How do you expect anyone to take it seriously? And plus, there's this thing called history that kinda sticks with you forever, and he has not only lost respect, but has yet to earn it back. He can try to hide behind his little disclaimer but he isn't fooling anyone, so let's not pretend OP made this for some type of civil discussion.

And by the way, I don't think OP is a bad guy. Just a guy that's currently strung out on some of that good dopamine. And the words of encouragement that he surely receives behind closed doors only enables his addiction.

So yep, here we are.

..it's also a shame that OP is practically being used as a vessel, because those that share his sentiments are probably not confident enough to say it themselves so instead they quietly support him and leave him to take the abuse. But I bet all those flags sure feel good eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join