It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Supporters Handbook.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

By the way, even though we are starkly different politically I would cheerfully sit down with you over a pint and discuss my dislike for Manchester united ownership.

I know this isn't directed at me but I'd drink with old scratch himself if he was buying the covfefe.

Just trademarked Covfefe brand Ale. Should hit the market by this summer in the Valley. Brewed by one of our oh so crafty Brewers.

It's going to be distinctly Orange. Thanks Mr. Twitter!!!! And Thanks ATS members for the ideas and inspiration!!! 3 amigos rock!!

edit on 15-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You DO realize that simply using the term "virtue signaling" is virtue signaling in and of itself...NO?

LOL, and you just did it twice! Now who's vi...........nevermind.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

You DO realize that simply using the term "virtue signaling" is virtue signaling in and of itself...NO?

To those who wish to be absurd, any reality can be had.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're guilty of all those charges, mate. Talk about projection

Cheers.

So why do you also practice them?

Perhaps for the same reason you do.

I find this thread hilarious. Like all of those things in your "handbook" didn't happen the previous 8 years with Obama supporters.

Coming from an Independent, you people are just as crazy.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I’ll continue with the Cult45 moniker too... It’s as accurate as can be.

It’s not me calling out specific people by name.
Only the responders can decide if that shoe fits them.

I’ve often disagreed with some of the nonsense spouted about Obama and Clinton...
But when the right were frothing at the mouth about Obama or Hillary cultists I never once got offended or felt the need to rebut...
Because that shoes doesn’t fit me.

If someone wants to excuse, defend and deflect every little Trump thing including the absolute immoral, they deserve no other identification than Cult45.
And if people automatically feel they’re a target of the rhetoric, they’ve either chosen to be offended for others or should take a long hard look in the mirror if they actually do the things that dictate the title.

TL;DR I disagree.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

While socially, I don't disagree. Having opinions and beliefs that reflect in your day to day dealing with the masses etc.

However, should that apply here? If I wanted to use a vernacular with the qualifier of the other persons perception? I mean as long as I don't name names, I've in effect denied all wrong doing even though I used the term.

So either way, the division will be widened at the cost of decorum.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

untappd.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We choose to be divided.
We accept division.

It isn’t enforced.

If I say Cult45, bearing in mind my long usage of the term and frequently defined criteria for such a label, someone who has not been specifically mentioned or doesn’t fit the well known criteria has absolutely no reason to divide themselves from me...
With the exception of those who are simply averse to name-calling in general and find my approach counterproductive, which is wholly understandable.

It’s simplistic, really.
There is no room for confusion, at all.

I’ve literally defended Trump as often as I’ve denounced him.
I’ve commended many members who support him for not blindly worshipping the ground he walks upon at every moment.

Cult45 know exactly who they are.
Many times I have “named names”, and I will probably do so again.

I choose to be divided from them. For plenty of reasons.
Because division isn’t exclusively a negative thing.

It’s actually very necessary in certain situations.

What’s becoming a little concerning for me, despite my occasional banter with folks, is how often they keep going back to putting themselves in a shoe I’ve already told them isn’t theirs to wear.

It’s bizarre. I really hope they stop doing so, because I’ve never had any ill will towards them.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sure. The argument can be made, and is often necessary for a debate or discussion.

The thing with monikers, vernacular terms or even nicknames is that they are inherently stigmatized. In effect creating ignorance.

So let's play a little with the broad strokes analogy. Even those that got a drop of paint on them still have a reaction. Also remember that each case is directly related to who is holding the brush.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Even though such name-calling is a tactic of dehumanization, I personally like the hashtag #cult45. It proves who among us requires epithets to do the heavy lifting for them, where their own thoughts would never suffice.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I’ve never thought of any cult’s membership as less than human.
They’re still cult members though.

And personally, I require nothing, I knowingly choose to use the term out of sheer enjoyment.
Thoughts are provided every single time.

And if they didn’t “suffice”, they would be easily rebutted.

But I understand it’s hard for people to actually rebut uncomfortable facts they’re fully aware of, but prefer not to highlight.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You would be another from the other side of the aisle i'd happily have a drink with, cause I believe at the end of the day you like me want the country to do well.

That simple link is all that is needed for folks to have a good chat, I really do think we need to get back to front porch chats over a pitcher of sweet tea... or whiskey.. or a pint.

If we do that all of our problems can get solved, I honestly believe that we just have to stop letting the media and the politicians tell us how we should feel about each other and talk.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I’ve never thought of any cult’s membership as less than human.
They’re still cult members though.

And personally, I require nothing, I knowingly choose to use the term out of sheer enjoyment.
Thoughts are provided every single time.

And if they didn’t “suffice”, they would be easily rebutted.

But I understand it’s hard for people to actually rebut uncomfortable facts they’re fully aware of, but prefer not to highlight.

Wonder how you and others here felt about the CultofYesWeCan....... Here Ill remind you www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-1-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

For whatever reason, twice they wouldn't let me reply to your post about the handbook.
Here was my reply to you on it....

I cannot believe you said this!!!!!!! Did you forget that it was the Obama White House Comm Director Anita Dunn who addressed a group of college students, saying how General Mao was her very favorite person?
Don't believe me or don't want to hear it?www.youtube.com...
Some people should really watch who they accuse of stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra I will never support a democrat.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So in every thread about Trump now we see the same behaviours from the Trump supporters. These behaviours make actually having a proper debate on the issues at hand difficult. As such I thought it would be interesting to try to hold up a mirror to these individuals to explain why these behaviours are counterproductive to not just civil debate but also making their own political points.

NOTE:: Before I go any further with this thread I want to make it very clear that I understand that these same behaviours could also be applicable to other political groups and that there are many Trump supporters who do encourage and engage in meaningful debate.

So with that little disclaimer out of the way lets start with my list of “The Trump supporters Handbook”. I could probably go on with this all day but I figured I would write 5 to start with, and feel free to add your own.

01: When in doubt Deflect.

Probably not really a surprise to many that I think this is number one, when in doubt deflect. We see this in pretty much every thread now on Trump in this forum, rather than address the topics raised by a OP just deflect, make it about Hilary, Obama or something else. Basically say anything to avoid actually have to directly address the points being raised by the author of a thread.

This has the effect of turning any Trump thread into an off-topic trollfest. A thread might start off about how Trump has a history of sexual abuse by the end of page one all the Trump supporter wants to do is talk about Clintons history of sexual abuse and refuses to engage in anything about Trump. Doing this is just classic deflection and while it might raise some valid points it at no point is actually addresses the topic at hand relating to Trump so in doing this nobody is actually defending Trump or challenging the criticism, its just deflection.

And it’s very obvious to everyone what is going on, please stop it.

02: Take everything personally.

This is a good opportunity I think to make something very clear. Just because I and others take issue with Trumps politics and the politics of his supporters that is never intended as a personal jibe at anyone personally. Yet, when someone calls Trump a bigot, the Trump supporter then seem to forget this and instead start on some obscure rant about how “OMG you did not just call us all bigots”…. No I am calling Trump a bigot.

I recognise that many of you have valid reasons for supporting Trump.

I really do think that political debate on ATS would run much smoother if Trump supporters (and everyone for that matter) would learn to understand that a difference of political opinion is just that, a difference of opinion. It does not make either side right or wrong, I am against Executive Order 13769 (the so-called Muslim ban), others might think it’s the best EO every signed, that does not make either of us right or wrong just that we have different views on it.

When I say I am against EO 13769, because I think it’s a piece of crap that will achieve nothing is just my opinion on it. It is just as valid as your opinion on it. And yes, I know opinions can be debated using facts and that’s fine, just don’t get pissed off when you don’t like the facts and start taking it all personally as if I just shot your puppy. (note EO 13679 is not the topic of this thread)

03: Lets Play a Word Game!

You know when I see something like this:

My first thought is usually “who the hell has to look up stuff like that in a dictionary?...”

Yet is see it all the time usually by someone who is totally oblivious to how it looks and if it’s not that it’s the other word game of playing semantics or my personal favourite totally missing the point of an author’s thread by focusing in on one single line or phrase and in doing so completely missing the point.

There is also this annoying thing of needing to have to have some kind of disclaimer on threads (see the start of this thread) because without it the replies can be pretty predictable.

Ohh and that’s not even getting into how some of you seem to forget about how language is fluid and ever changing with different areas and individuals having different colloquialisms.

At the end of the day if you know what I mean then just go with it, without your silly word games. If it’s not clear what the meaning may be then just ask for clarification. These silly word games are counterproductive.

naw....that's too cry baby of an idea for a thread....possibly propaganda ...a loaded statement....from the side of the class that's unencumbered by big people thoughts or self disciplin

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Lol, based on the replies, this dude has thoroughly proven every point he made in this thread. If you trumpets were actually smart you would have just ignored the thread, letting it die, proving him wrong.

But no, you're kinda.. mor--- you know. opposite of off?
edit on 15-1-2018 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

I'm sorry, you must be under the impression that we even care to prove him wrong.

But aww, you're back. How's the book going and where can I purchase one?

Or are you still on hiatus?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Lol...

It’s not you who gets “proved wrong”..

It is anyone who is not a card carrying member of the cult of trump that reads it that will matter.

When someone who hasn’t yet decided to back trump, no matter what that idiot does, reads it later..

It will ensure that they NEVER want to be on that team..

You got one side making logical points , while the other screams fake news and sites infowars lmao..

See that is the hilarious part.. for all the fake scandals and conspiracy theiries about obama. I will bet dollars to donuts history will remember him as even better than he was..

Especially sandwiched between two idiots (W Bush and trump) , that we can’t help but compare him to..

Hell , obama will probably be on our money within a decade..

But how will history remember trump??

How will Trump be talked about in textbooks, political science classes and college lectures??

Like a corrupt buffoon who was the lowest point in presidential history.

Hell, because they are back to back.. Trump will have obama looking like Lincoln..

Lol

edit on 16-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join