It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Supporters Handbook.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So in every thread about Trump now we see the same behaviours from the Trump supporters. These behaviours make actually having a proper debate on the issues at hand difficult. As such I thought it would be interesting to try to hold up a mirror to these individuals to explain why these behaviours are counterproductive to not just civil debate but also making their own political points.

NOTE:: Before I go any further with this thread I want to make it very clear that I understand that these same behaviours could also be applicable to other political groups and that there are many Trump supporters who do encourage and engage in meaningful debate.

So with that little disclaimer out of the way lets start with my list of “The Trump supporters Handbook”. I could probably go on with this all day but I figured I would write 5 to start with, and feel free to add your own.

01: When in doubt Deflect.

Probably not really a surprise to many that I think this is number one, when in doubt deflect. We see this in pretty much every thread now on Trump in this forum, rather than address the topics raised by a OP just deflect, make it about Hilary, Obama or something else. Basically say anything to avoid actually have to directly address the points being raised by the author of a thread.

This has the effect of turning any Trump thread into an off-topic trollfest. A thread might start off about how Trump has a history of sexual abuse by the end of page one all the Trump supporter wants to do is talk about Clintons history of sexual abuse and refuses to engage in anything about Trump. Doing this is just classic deflection and while it might raise some valid points it at no point is actually addresses the topic at hand relating to Trump so in doing this nobody is actually defending Trump or challenging the criticism, its just deflection.

And it’s very obvious to everyone what is going on, please stop it.

02: Take everything personally.

This is a good opportunity I think to make something very clear. Just because I and others take issue with Trumps politics and the politics of his supporters that is never intended as a personal jibe at anyone personally. Yet, when someone calls Trump a bigot, the Trump supporter then seem to forget this and instead start on some obscure rant about how “OMG you did not just call us all bigots”…. No I am calling Trump a bigot.

I recognise that many of you have valid reasons for supporting Trump.

I really do think that political debate on ATS would run much smoother if Trump supporters (and everyone for that matter) would learn to understand that a difference of political opinion is just that, a difference of opinion. It does not make either side right or wrong, I am against Executive Order 13769 (the so-called Muslim ban), others might think it’s the best EO every signed, that does not make either of us right or wrong just that we have different views on it.

When I say I am against EO 13769, because I think it’s a piece of crap that will achieve nothing is just my opinion on it. It is just as valid as your opinion on it. And yes, I know opinions can be debated using facts and that’s fine, just don’t get pissed off when you don’t like the facts and start taking it all personally as if I just shot your puppy. (note EO 13679 is not the topic of this thread)

03: Lets Play a Word Game!

You know when I see something like this:

My first thought is usually “who the hell has to look up stuff like that in a dictionary?...”

Yet is see it all the time usually by someone who is totally oblivious to how it looks and if it’s not that it’s the other word game of playing semantics or my personal favourite totally missing the point of an author’s thread by focusing in on one single line or phrase and in doing so completely missing the point.

There is also this annoying thing of needing to have to have some kind of disclaimer on threads (see the start of this thread) because without it the replies can be pretty predictable.

Ohh and that’s not even getting into how some of you seem to forget about how language is fluid and ever changing with different areas and individuals having different colloquialisms.

At the end of the day if you know what I mean then just go with it, without your silly word games. If it’s not clear what the meaning may be then just ask for clarification. These silly word games are counterproductive.
edit on 14-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
04: Attack the player not the ball.

I can guarantee you that there will be at least one member who will attack this thread without reading it just because they see the avatar that they associate with the member “OtherSideOfTheCoin”. Happens all the time, not just to me either but loads of us. We are “libtards”, “leftists”, “jokes” we write “crap” or “pointless” threads because we are all “obsessed” or overly “emotional” when it comes to Trump because we have some made up mental illness called Trump Derangement Syndrome. I have even been told to basically kill myself over the stuff I write on this site. So is it any wonder some of us who oppose Trump might at times lose our cool a little.

(Side note to mods; I do not envy you)

So, if it’s not the insults then its making assumptions about our views, ohhh yeah, you guys just love to do that. We oppose Trump so much we must be Clinton loving vegan hippies who all sit around braiding the hair of our transsexual lovers as we scream at the sky every now and then at the very thought of Trump.

05: DEFEND! DEFEND! DEFEND!

Let me play you a video of one of the few times I have agreed with Trump.

I think that video makes my point for me but yeah basically quite often it is rather obvious that no matter what he does, you will defend him rather than admit that he has done wrong or that your support of him may have been misplaced.

edit on 14-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
*handbook for the ignorant.

That’s all you really needed; but good luck what follows should be an interesting study

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So in every thread about Trump now we see the same behaviours from the Trump supporters.

To me,it doesn't matter if it is a thread for Trump or against him.
Its been equally ridiculous on both sides.

A clear head and logic has barely any room in politics it seems?

I haven't said if I liked him or not...there is no use "debating" when people's minds are already made up,and,you can smell where the conversation is going.
Too much energy...not enough of a pay out.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
..all part of project MK-Oprah

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Well you didn't get very far into the thread did you.....?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: airowineSailorcat
..all part of project MK-Oprah

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
*handbook for the ignorant.

That’s all you really needed; but good luck what follows should be an interesting study

Quoted for truth.

There's rabid fanboys on either side of the aisle that operate with this handbook, so trying to assign it to one side over the other is a fail.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Looks like it could be the same handbook for those suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS)...you know, those that think one man can single-handedly do the things they accuse him of doing to the country; you know, the things that have been going on for decades.

I won’t bother with repeating all the caveats in the OP since most of us don’t paint an entire group with an indiscriminate broad brush...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Not trying to change your thread, you would be the perfect person to make a thread about the amount of corruption in both the democratic and republican parties. Seems to me, the republicans are always calling the Dems "Crooked" when in fact, it is their party, with the most corruption, trump is a shining example, with a few indictments going out the first year of his presidency. 0 went out the entire Obama administration era.

The Bush Admin had 16 indictments 9 prison sentences. Clinton 2 indictments 1 prison sentence. The list goes on and on, ending with Nixon, with 52 indictments, and 15 prison sentences.
www.debatepolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Looks like it could be the same handbook for those suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS)...you know, those that think one man can single-handedly do the things they accuse him of doing to the country; you know, the things that have been going on for decades.

I won’t bother with repeating all the caveats in the OP since most of us don’t paint an entire group with an indiscriminate broad brush...

ahhh....

See points 4 and 5.

+42 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't think people read any more.

In a thread yesterday about Trump pardoning banks, I was very critical of Trump. Never waivered, never edited my comments.

Yet the Trump haters kept on as to why I was defending him.

Partisan ideology has replaced common sense.

+62 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You're guilty of all those charges, mate. Talk about projection

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Well ya TDS is well documented on Trump supporters. They have all kinds of problems accusing Obama of everything and anything to deflect from Trump.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't think people read any more.

In a thread yesterday about Trump pardoning banks, I was very critical of Trump. Never waivered, never edited my comments.

Yet the Trump haters kept on as to why I was defending him.

Partisan ideology has replaced common sense.

It's pretty amazing, if we're honest.

In the span of about 9 days I got called both a Trump-hater and a Trumpet (or some derivative of that), though on two different issues.

But hey, let's try and spin this OP as being something only Trump supporters do!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

You're guilty of all those charges, mate. Talk about projection

Cheers.

So why do you also practice them?

+63 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

LOL - your threads are getting to the point of extremism, hiding behind your insinuations and pathetic disclaimers to collectively pigeonhole everyone who thinks differently to you.

1. You are the king of deflection and ignoring facts - you're a hypocrite.
2. You made a thread because you took things personally.
3. Depends on what the meaning of 'is' is....
4. You literally blame everything on Trump, even the weather - you are a total 'player-focused' poster - you are literally suffering from Trump-OCD where you see every ATS member as 'pro' or 'anti' - you're as shallow AF.
5. You hide behind your geographical disconnect from US-everything even though you are a closet ex-Hillary/Bernie supporter, attempting to convince folks here that you are somehow beyond reproach with your political reasoning.

BY FAR, you display the most closet-intolerance towards other members I've ever read - at least with others they're open about it - you're just deceptive and I simply can't take you or your diatribe seriously anymore.

Again you get a big
for buying the MSM BS propaganda and disseminating here on ATS

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I guess point four was a little to close to the truth for you???

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Two political parties offered an option each
Trump or Hillary, blame yourselves

At least he isn't Hillary

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It really is getting pathetic how you always, and I mean always, play the victim card when you get called out on your ignorance, arrogance, and BS.

Instead of addressing his criticism, you just say poor me, tRuMp suPPoRtErS aRe GanGbaNGinG oN mE.

That's how it looks like, from my perspective at least
edit on 714k2018Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join