It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projector Lights Up Trump’s D.C. Hotel With 'craphole'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
sorry had to change a word so not exact headline

www.huffingtonpost.com...?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

An artist with a video projector gave the Trump family’s D.C. hotel a makeover using President Donald Trump’s very own and very racist words. “This place is a #hole” was projected onto the front steps of the hotel, in an apparent nod to reports that Trump called Haiti and African nations “#hole countries.” The projection also displayed the word “#hole” and a stream of poop smiley-face emojis

thats about it for the story.

is it legal to project images onto someone elses property? like a loophole kind of a thing maybe?

i know its not the exact same as maybe spray painting something on the building which is of course illegal but is this the 2018 version of vandalism?

no harm no foul?

i dont like it. i am no fan of trump but # like this is just ridiculous. all it does is stir the pot. it gets people agitated or it keeps them agitated and it continues this tit for tat thing the left/right has going on.

is that the point you think?
i think probably.

i just dont see the point of things like this.

i wonder how this artist would feel about someone projecting some bull# onto the wall of their studio...

edit on 14-1-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The artist isn't infringing upon anyone else's rights.

So I'd call it free expression and laugh.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Your link is 404d. Here are some images.
www.google.com... NcdvAXM%252C_&usg=__U0urUdppAi9C2uZ7NZ3i01jVssE%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLpObxyNfYAhVF1mMKHfaNDVoQ9QEISDAF#imgrc=YrveTSEJ5VR5qM:
edit on 14-1-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

+49 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Have to pay the rent somehow, maybe GS is doing a new video?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
leftist are so clever and funny.
edit on 14-1-2018 by rockdisjoint2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Your link is 404d. Here are some images.
www.google.com... NcdvAXM%252C_&usg=__U0urUdppAi9C2uZ7NZ3i01jVssE%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLpObxyNfYAhVF1mMKHfaNDVoQ9QEISDAF#imgrc=YrveTSEJ5VR5qM:

i pasted it over again and is working for me

thanks

Cowboy, i can live with that. lately i have been really trying to think of things from every point of view.

i wonder how the artist would feel if someone did it to their studio or house.
curious about the legalities of it too.

www.washingtonpost.com... m=.394163bb6070

light is intangible so all good...

still feeling the while whats the point?
maybe its like Everest. cause the building is there

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

i wonder how the artist would feel if someone did it to their studio or house.
curious about the legalities of it too.

It only becomes a 'legal' issue when too many people see it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Could have possibly infringed upon city light pollution codes.

However the most important inquiry I have pertains to the poop emoji, which is actually chocolate ice cream. Just wondering if there were 2 scoops.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The 1804 Haiti massacre was carried out against the remaining white population of native French in Haiti by Haitians who had decreed that all suspected of conspiring in the acts of the expelled [french/white] army should be put to death. Throughout the nineteenth century, these events were well known in the United States, where they were called "the horrors of St. Domingo"...

The massacre, which took place throughout Haiti, occurred from early January 1804 until 22 April 1804 and resulted in the death of 3,000 to 5,000 men, women, and children.

Squads of soldiers moved from house to house, torturing, raping and killing entire families. Even whites who had been friendly and sympathetic to the black population were

I would say Haiti has been a not-so-nice place since founded...
And as one of the few to actually have spent time on Hispaniola I can tell you that the entire island was nearly indistinguishable before and after the 2010 earthquake..

-Chris

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I say have at it. If he broke laws then hopefully he pays for it. If not then I guess it was a good prank, but hope he understands what comes around goes around and would laugh equally if it came back to haunt him. Karma is a *****!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The Ministry of Truth has spoken.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Haiti is a #hole I have relatives that spent time there in the US Army. They have no fond memories it or it's people. Now Trumps hotel I bet that's a real nice place.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Not every country can be as loving and inclusive as the United States. Ask the Native Americans, they'll back me up.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To me this reenforces two things

Anti trump people are ok with all words as long as they get to control the meaning, that’s very 1984 of them

That PC is a religion not based on reason or reality. A 5 star hotel vs an island where the CDC recommends you get shoots before you go. Pick the nice place and pick the 💩hole. Anyone picking the opposite of you, would be mental unfit, so I understand how people are calling Trunp crazy, but I question their reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Really? That's what you get from this? A literal statement? Wow...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Christosterone

Not every country can be as loving and inclusive as the United States. Ask the Native Americans, they'll back me up.

I’m a 6th generation Texan...
What would you like to know?

My family lived in the comancheria for over a century...
2 fought in both battles of Adobe walls including the final battle of the Indian wars...

Though my first hand knowledge is mostly limited to Comanche and Kickapoo...
Ask away

-Chris

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
sorry had to change a word so not exact headline

www.huffingtonpost.com...?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

An artist with a video projector gave the Trump family’s D.C. hotel a makeover using President Donald Trump’s very own and very racist words. “This place is a #hole” was projected onto the front steps of the hotel, in an apparent nod to reports that Trump called Haiti and African nations “#hole countries.” The projection also displayed the word “#hole” and a stream of poop smiley-face emojis

thats about it for the story.

is it legal to project images onto someone elses property? like a loophole kind of a thing maybe?

i know its not the exact same as maybe spray painting something on the building which is of course illegal but is this the 2018 version of vandalism?

no harm no foul?

i dont like it. i am no fan of trump but # like this is just ridiculous. all it does is stir the pot. it gets people agitated or it keeps them agitated and it continues this tit for tat thing the left/right has going on.

is that the point you think?
i think probably.

i just dont see the point of things like this.

i wonder how this artist would feel about someone projecting some bull# onto the wall of their studio...

Ummm...two things...calling this art is a real stretch...

President Trump probably commissioned it himself...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Trumpholes mAGA MaGa mAGA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join