It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Manning Files for Senate Run in Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Throwing a spanner in the works if you ask me.

Ms. Manning, who was found guilty of leaking more than 700,000 government files to WikiLeaks in 2013, would face Senator Benjamin L. Cardin in the Democratic primary race this year. Mr. Cardin is Maryland’s senior senator and the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

In 2012, the senator cruised to victory in the general election after winning the Democratic primary race with nearly 75 percent of the vote.

www.nytimes.com...

Once she's able to defeat Cardin (D), she'll face the Republican challanger for senator. Maryland is fairly Democratic so I'd imagine her biggest hurdle would be overcomng the Democratic Primary.

I wonder what Assange would have to say? I'm getting mixed responses... I think he'll remain silent. I hope she unseats Cardin and sets a chain reaction for other establishment senators and congressmen and women to be unseated too, through both parties.

Chelsea Manning had her sentence commuted by president Obama before he passed on to the Trump administration. Trump himself hasn't been much of a fan of Chelsea, referring to her as an ungrateful traitor. Manning has been fairly critical of Trump. Her most recent comments referred to the troop casualties and how the Trump administration has continued this trend. Doesn't help the fact the adminstration has ramped up surveillance and drone use.

These mid-terms should be interesting.
edit on 14-1-2018 by Southern Guardian because: Changed.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We got this!!!!!

new topics

join