It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Manning: Ex-army leaker to run for US senate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Kill it with fire and plenty of it!

"They" might win as a dem.

Lots of idiots will vote for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Look, she's a nutjob.

She is really a "he", and plays democrat identity politics like a true champion.

My question, is why is everyone so hung up on his charges, and the "treason"?

Edward Snowden came forward and is considered by many to be hero, revealing the unethical and illegal practices against us by our government.

Chelsea, or Brad, or whatever, revealed the dirt on our military and the crimes they were committing, and they're a treasonous villain? Does it have something to do with the while Military = Heroes of Never Ending Virtue sentiment that's been beaten into our heads since we were children?

I don't get it. Maybe it's just me

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Look, she's a nutjob.

She is really a "he", and plays democrat identity politics like a true champion.

My question, is why is everyone so hung up on his charges, and the "treason"?

Edward Snowden came forward and is considered by many to be hero, revealing the unethical and illegal practices against us by our government.

Chelsea, or Brad, or whatever, revealed the dirt on our military and the crimes they were committing, and they're a treasonous villain? Does it have something to do with the while Military = Heroes of Never Ending Virtue sentiment that's been beaten into our heads since we were children?

I don't get it. Maybe it's just me

This was addressed on the previous page. Your argument depends on that being the only thing Manning leaked. It's not. 100s of thousands of sensitive and classified documents were indiscriminately leaked and put people's lives in danger. Manning is scum. Stop with the revisionist history.

And for the record, I despise Manning, Snowden, and Assange. No matter what your motives, there are ways to go about exposing wrongdoing in the government without indiscriminately releasing information en masse to satisfy your own political agenda. Hiding behind "I'm a whistleblower" when you did something that dangerous and irresponsible is dishonest and immoral.
edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join