It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Manning: Ex-army leaker to run for US senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought a lot of you would be somewhat supportive of what Chelsea manning did. Putting left vs right politics aside, wasn't it an important thing to see how the American military really acts? Gunning down innocents in a chopper.. You guys all talk about the "deep state", but then ignore it when it comes to left vs right politics. If she was a pro-trump republican would your comments be different?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

actually I've always been somewhat meh on WikiLeaks, but what manning did deserved a lot more punishment than he got.

Military members have to follow civil law, as well as military law what he did should have him still breaking big rocks into little rocks and little rocks into sand.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I see a Carfire in It's Future...#psychic
a reply to: Theprodicalson

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
actually I've always been somewhat meh on WikiLeaks, but what manning did deserved a lot more punishment than he got.

Military members have to follow civil law, as well as military law what he did should have him still breaking big rocks into little rocks and little rocks into sand.

For exposing inhumane war crimes?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

If you do not understand the UCMJ and the proper channels I am not going to try and explain it to you, I will just say there is the right way and the wrong way to blow the whistle in the military and he chose the wrong way.

The right way would have given the military a chance to address the problem, and if the IG fails there are still other avenues he could have pursued.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Traitor? Did he steal military secrets and sell them to foreign agents because that's what a traitor does.

He stole military secrets and released them to the world. Same thing.

Instead, he leaked "classified" footage of the US military gunning down innocent non combatants and it was only classified because they were covering it up.

Yes what it showed was bad, but it still was not his place. I think 30 years was excessive though.

I see you don't respect the transgender community by calling her HE, and making a point of it. Yet, people like you get upset when your called out on your bigotry.

Nope, not upset. Call me what you want, the labels you libs pin on me mean nothing.

Far as i am concerned transgenderism is a mental health disorder. I wont abuse them, or hurt them but I will NOT play into there delusions either. XX is female and XY and always will be, regardless of what ever psychological liberal garbage is "in".

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
So...

Assange: Conservative
Leaks government documents
Male
Hero to all

Manning: Liberal
Leaks government documents
Transgender
Traitor

Am I doing it right?

Nailed it. Funny enough, many of the same conservatives were against Wikileaks when they leaked info about the Bush administration but now that Wikileaks, for some reason, is on Team Trump they are A-OKAY!

Nope never had a issue with wikileaks or Assange, supported him from the beginning.

The diffrence between Bradly manning and Assange is that Assange is NOT a US citizen and so owes no loyalty to the USA or its military.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

your lack of respect by carefully (and boldly) choosing your pronouns should absolutely prove your true intentions for posting this thread.
very unfortunate

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
3. Assisted Wikileaks to expose the US militaries (sic) unacceptable battlefield conduct - check.

Doesn't that make her a whistle-blower? You say that like it's a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend

your lack of respect by carefully (and boldly) choosing your pronouns should absolutely prove your true intentions for posting this thread.
very unfortunate

I see I triggered a bunch of libs...... so easy

And so pathetic you get irrate over a pronoun but so predictable.

Ever thought i did it on purpose to bait you SJW?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
She released some "videos"? That was her only crime?

No.

She used her security clearance to breach a Top Secret military database and then released a quarter of a million diplomatic cables to a foreign actor.

She used her security clearance to breach a Top Secret military database and then released almost half a million military documents to a foreign actor.

That is espionage. No other way to describe it. Regardless of the reasoning or outcomes. It was espionage.

Espionage against the United States should by any standard disqualify a candidate for state or federal office.

Her sexuality or sexual identity have nothing to do with it. Shame on anyone that uses it as a weapon against her or a defense for her.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

aah gotcha. so your true intent was baiting. not a far stretch, considering you've spent more time focusing on that rather than a topic.
back over to you. I'm headed back to the adult's sandbox.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Think about it for a minute...

Manning was convicted of stealing classified info. Manning will never get security clearances again. To make a change, you need to be on a committee, to be on a committee, you need security clearance.

This seems more of a ploy to keep us divided and distracted rather than letting us make an informed choice on qualifications and policy.

It is part of insane coverage of the prsident...2 scoops, oh my! That is week long above the fold coverage.

I am tired of the left and right, politicians and talking heads, keeping us divided.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Check!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
She released some "videos"? That was her only crime?

No.

She used her security clearance to breach a Top Secret military database and then released a quarter of a million diplomatic cables to a foreign actor.

She used her security clearance to breach a Top Secret military database and then released almost half a million military documents to a foreign actor.

That is espionage. No other way to describe it. Regardless of the reasoning or outcomes. It was espionage.

Espionage against the United States should by any standard disqualify a candidate for state or federal office.

Her sexuality or sexual identity have nothing to do with it. Shame on anyone that uses it as a weapon against her or a defense for her.

This.

The nonsense about "all she did was expose murder" is revisionist history because some people are so obsessed with identity politics they will excuse anything in order to "support" the pet demographic that's "in" at the time. Then other simply believe what they're told without doing any research.

This scum is no hero.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
This seems more of a ploy to keep us divided and distracted rather than letting us make an informed choice on qualifications and policy.

This seems like a mentally deranged scumbag that's lucky to not still be in prison has an inflated sense of their importance and wants to run for Senate. Not everything is part of some NWO master plan.

ETA: I know NWO is so 90s, you guys probably have some other ubergroup you "know" is behind everything from wars to the end of production of certain brands of cereal. NWO is a stand-in here. The point is there's no big plan behind this, Manning is just a moron.
edit on 14 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If Donald ####hole Trump can win anyone can. Can we all say F.U.B.A.R.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson
Ever thought i did it on purpose to bait you SJW?

I'm sure you do a lot of baitin'. If I've learned anything in the industry is that the men who go out of their way to misgender transwomen like to do a whole lot of baitin' to women like Chelsea online.

To quote Shakespeare on the subject, you "doth protest too much, methinks"

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It’s not about the transgender issue it’s about national security.And yes those rocks he should be breaking should be sand like.We need to trust our military do we trust our government and security agencies.I think not and if as a serving soldier that’s treason then hang me lol

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I agree she's no hero. And to have her run for senate under a democratic ticket is a nightmare. She is handing a seat to the Republicans. The leaks he did were not about exposing anything they were revenge on the military nothing more. He was being discharged for adjustment disorder. And wanted revenge.

So now we have someone that showed clear signs of mental disorder trying to run for senate. She obviously needs to rethink this as I fear it going to rehash a lot of her past she doesn't want brought back up.

PS yes I used both he and she indictating pre surgery

Thought I'd add this it's the emails he sent to a self confessed hacker.

www.wired.com...
edit on 1/15/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join