It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Manning: Ex-army leaker to run for US senate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
ID vote for her she has military service oh wait never mind that. Well shes in touch with womens issues oh waitI forgot hasn't been female very long. OK well she has experience stealing stuff politicians do that don't they?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

I am suprised HE is not running for president! 

If you are surprised, then perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Article Two, Section One of the US Constitution; specifically Clause Five.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Manning is 5 years shy of the age requirement.
edit on 14-1-2018 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Just goes to show what you know....Republicans 10 fold have more indictments, prison time etc....than the dems you think are so crooked........here read this, and then maybe you will realize its the REPUBLICANS who keep getting caught with their pants down.

I think we are talking about elected officials here.

I followed it to its source. A big round zero of those on that list are elected officials, if I am not mistaken (though the list goes back to the seventeenth hundreds, so I admittedly did skimp a bit on the early parts of it.)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMeThe traitor part come in because he was in the military at the time. Assange was not.

That makes ZERO difference. Perhaps you should look up the definition of treason.

He was reviled as a traitor by many before he came out.

Assange was very well hated by the right when he was exposing republicans. Now he's their hero.
edit on 14-1-2018 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
So...

Assange: Conservative
Leaks government documents
Male
Hero to all

Manning: Liberal
Transgender
Traitor

Am I doing it right?

Assange conservative? News to me.
Leaks government documents? Yep.... even things that were damaging to the Bush administration.
Male? I don't know. I never checked. You seem to be assuming gender.... are you sure you want to do that?
Traitor? He is not American, so....
edit on b000000312018-01-14T10:24:44-06:0010America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 10:24:44 -06001000000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMeThe traitor part come in because he was in the military at the time. Assange was not.

That makes ZERO difference. Perhaps you should look up the definition of treason.

He was reviled as a traitor by many before he came out.

So was Assange when he was exposing republicans.

I know the definition thank you. Maybe you don't?

I should have been more clear I admit. Assange cannot be a traitor to this country by definition. Manning can. Him being in the military just makes it look worse in the court of public opinion.

EDIT: For the record I applaud what Manning did. As I would have Ellsberg if I had been old enough to do so. As I would anyone uncovering illegal acts my government was doing.
edit on 1 14 2018 by NobodyToldMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe
Him being in the military just makes it look worse in the court of public opinion.

How does that make any difference? He had access, he let us know because he felt it was wrong. I call that heroic. He felt we needed to know, fully aware of the possible consequences. That is someone I would vote for. I don't vote for a party or gender, I vote for honesty and policy.
edit on 14-1-2018 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Him being in the military just makes it look worse in the court of public opinion.

How does that make any difference? He had access, he let us know because he felt it was wrong. I call that heroic. He felt we needed to know, fully aware of the possible consequences. That is someone I would vote for. I don't vote for a party or gender, I vote for honesty and policy.

Ch..Ch..Check the edit!

You were the one trying to put politics into this. No one loves Assange and hates Manning too. They literally are a package deal.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't think that this girl/guy is a good person for the job. She/he is too much of a security risk to be in that position. Some things our government does should not be released to the public. Some should remain classified or we become guilty as citizens of allowing our government to do this. If we know something is happening, we have the responsibility of correcting it. We would need to all be guilty of a crime if we knew and allowed it to continue even though it is necessary for our countries ongoing safety.

Most people also cannot fully comprehend how things work in the crazy world we live in, lot of policies are in place as prevention of problems in the future, created from things that happened in past generations. We have not gotten smarter as a population, maybe a little more knowledgeable, but our ability to reason has actually gotten worse, our ability to comprehend possible complications of change has gotten much worse. Technology is making us dumber overall.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Felons can't vote, but they can run for office!

Only in America.

I'd go a step further and state that this is pretty much how the entire world appears to be working, at the moment.

I swear something has flipped a switch and nothing is making sense, OR I've seriously given up drinking at the wrong time..

I heard about this topic earlier on someones twitter feed. First thing I thought of was about the conviction. lol, had no idea where he is, felons can participate even if they cannot vote.. I think if I stand on my head, I'll understand things faster.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think that this girl/guy is a good person for the job. She/he is too much of a security risk to be in that position. Some things our government does should not be released to the public. Some should remain classified or we become guilty as citizens of allowing our government to do this. If we know something is happening, we have the responsibility of correcting it. We would need to all be guilty of a crime if we knew and allowed it to continue even though it is necessary for our countries ongoing safety.

Most people also cannot fully comprehend how things work in the crazy world we live in, lot of policies are in place as prevention of problems in the future, created from things that happened in past generations. We have not gotten smarter as a population, maybe a little more knowledgeable, but our ability to reason has actually gotten worse, our ability to comprehend possible complications of change has gotten much worse. Technology is making us dumber overall.

Well sure I wouldn't want him serving on the House Arms Service Committee but at the State level sure. As long as he keeps identity politics out of his agenda. The rest of your first paragraph is terrifying though.

While I agree with the second paragraph we should always strive to keep it legal. Kinda what the people in power, civilian and military, are tasked to do. That whole pesky Constitution and all.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No one loves Assange and hates Manning too. They literally are a package deal.

That is flat out, 100% incorrect. A majority of this site fits that exact scenario, for the simple facts that Manning is now a trans woman, and they think Trump and Assange are working together.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If the Democrats back this person, they will lose that seat.

But the person can run if they want to, however the bottom line is that whoever wins the nomination, will still have to get the votes.

Lets just say if Manning runs, the Republicans will pretty much run a campaign that will get people inflamed and fight against manning non stop. And the biggest will be what Manning did.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No one loves Assange and hates Manning too. They literally are a package deal.

That is flat out, 100% incorrect. A majority of this site fits that exact scenario, for the simple facts that Manning is now a trans woman, and they think Trump and Assange are working together.

Well if that's true, and I'm not sure it is, then they are ignorant. In multiple ways.

That sounds stupid as hell. What part is stupider I'm not sure: Manning being a tranny (ohh that kinda rhymes!
) makes what he did worse or that Assange and Trump are working together.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well if that's true, and I'm not sure it is, then they are ignorant. In multiple ways.

That sounds stupid as hell. What part is stupider I'm not sure: Manning being a tranny (ohh that kinda rhymes!

I see. You've only been here for a month. Welcome aboard! Do a search for both names and you'll very soon see what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I see. You've only been here for a month. Welcome aboard! Do a search for both names and you'll very soon see what I'm talking about.

Long time lurker as they say.

I know on 4Chan people think that crazy nonsense but I honestly haven't seen it here except in threads linking to 4Chan threads (yes I know you can't directly link). I just assumed they were just ChanShills coming over here to muck up this place.

But if you could see fit to vote/support/standup for Trump then you could see any old BS as viable.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I know on 4Chan people think that crazy nonsense but I honestly haven't seen it here except in threads linking to 4Chan threads (yes I know you can't directly link). I just assumed they were just ChanShills coming over here to muck up this place.

4chan and ATS are almost the same thing now, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
so absurd

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Traitor? Did he steal military secrets and sell them to foreign agents because that's what a traitor does.

Instead, he leaked "classified" footage of the US military gunning down innocent non combatants and it was only classified because they were covering it up.

I see you don't respect the transgender community by calling her HE, and making a point of it. Yet, people like you get upset when your called out on your bigotry.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So...

Assange: Conservative
Male
Hero to all

Manning: Liberal
Transgender
Traitor

Am I doing it right?

Nailed it. Funny enough, many of the same conservatives were against Wikileaks when they leaked info about the Bush administration but now that Wikileaks, for some reason, is on Team Trump they are A-OKAY!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join