It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Manning: Ex-army leaker to run for US senate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Chelsea Manning, the former US intelligence analyst who was jailed for leaking classified documents, is seeking the Democratic Party nomination to run for the US senate in Maryland.

bbc

Only the senate?

I am suprised HE is not running for president!

He is the perfect candidate for the current democrats!

Traitor: Check
Transgendered : check
Obsessed with identity politics than real issue : Check.

When you think the democrats cant dredge up worse candidates than they have now they go and suprise you!

On the other hand descent candidates like Tulsi Gabbard will get marginalised for the Democratic freak show of manning, oprah and other crazys.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't believe a felon can run for office,but after looking over the Democrats history,I may be wrong,seems like a prerequisite

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Let's see:

1. Transgender - check.
2. Loaths Trump - check.
3. Assisted Wikileaks to expose the US militaries unacceptable battlefield conduct - check.
4. tweets like s/he smashed back 1kg of mushrooms, and not the supermarket kind either - check.

I see the DNCs next 2020 candidate, especially if Chelsea starts to identify as a black midget and converts to satanism - i'd be a done-deal, for sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
I don't believe a felon can run for office,but after looking over the Democrats history,I may be wrong,seems like a prerequisite

Manning would be unable to vote or run for elected office after being convicted of a felony, but Maryland passed a law last year that allows felons to participate in elections.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Felons can't vote, but they can run for office!

Only in America.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Only in America.

if Trump got elected...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Chelsea Manning is running for the Senate as a registered Democrat. NOT...the Democrats are running Chelsea Manning for the Senate. If Chelsea Manning wants to run for Senate, so what? It's still a free country, isn't it? Simply don't vote Manning.

Like Roy Moore, I doubt there will be a victory lap for Manning at the end.

And as far as a "freak show", your words, just look at the current administration. Lead by the Carnival Barker himself, Trump.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
No

Just NO.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Let me guess. If you don't vote for her you are a racist sexist who hates transgenders.....or something like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Just goes to show what you know....Republicans 10 fold have more indictments, prison time etc....than the dems you think are so crooked........here read this, and then maybe you will realize its the REPUBLICANS who keep getting caught with their pants down.

www.peacock-panache.com...

TextWhen comparing criminal indictments of those serving in the executive branch of presidential administrations, it’s so lopsided as to be ridiculous. Yet all I ever hear about is how supposedly “corrupt” the Democrats are. So why don’t we break it down by president and the numbers?

read that, and then this......the second one shows a diagram that is easy to read.

www.debatepolitics.com...

There is link after link to back this up, and source after source. If you don't like my sources look it up yourself..

Now that you have seen the amount of corruption in the republican branch, Care to tell me how the Dems are more corrupt than republicans now....

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am sure the person in question (you see what I did there?) would get many votes if people get to wave a rainbow-coloured flag. Or whatever colour is appropriate, I'm not very up-to-date on all these new-fangled trends.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Attention seeking traitor and freak. He belongs in Guantanomo Bay, in my opinion.

The tweet he sent insulting police officers really pissed me off. Throw..IT..in jail and throw away the keys.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Enemy of the state US (Manning) enemy of the western world check.How the hell these types are becoming leaders is beyond me.I will give my opinion ultra liberalism.We’ve had this stuff shoved in ours faces in civilian terms and military as well me.(And I don’t agree with bombing nations back to the Stone Age).Now that it’s snowballed so big.Its going to be hard to stop the on going ultra liberal avalanche.I work with young military college students.And it’s all made things massively complicated.So yes you enjoy your ultra liberalism.Please let me know when you find a start and an end.In the mess.Thats why Oprah and manning are getting talked up.And everyone loves crying over nothing.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

4. tweets like s/he smashed back 1kg of mushrooms, and not the supermarket kind either - check.

You mean MK Ultra'd. He gets blacked bagged as a male and comes out a female with his mentality seriously in question and now wants to run for office? Hmm. A deep resounding hmm from me.

They straight #ed his # up.

edit on 14-1-2018 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So...

Assange: Conservative
Leaks government documents
Male
Hero to all

Manning: Liberal
Transgender
Traitor

Am I doing it right?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
So...

Assange: Conservative
Male
Hero to all

Manning: Liberal
Transgender
Traitor

Am I doing it right?

The traitor part come in because he was in the military at the time. Assange was not.

He was reviled as a traitor by many before he came out.
edit on 1 14 2018 by NobodyToldMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You couldn't write this thread without injecting your own identity politics into it? The fact the only word you put in caps and bold font was used to misgender her is pretty telling as to why you really have an issue here.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Two posts, one message.
edit on 14-1-2018 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Only in America.

So, they can't vote for themselves?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with this.

If enough voters want her as a representative, then she should be their representative.

If Chelsea Manning was for lower taxes, smaller government, pro-second amendment, legalization, then I'd vote for her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join