It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object Floating Outside The ISS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX
Guys, here's something that'll probably make you burn midnight oil! Here’s an image of the ISS. Do you notice anything strange here? Like something floating outside the ISS?

No? Ok, now check out this second pic which has been enhanced a trifle by adding contrast and brightness. Now do you see it?

Zoomed...

More....

I can't for the life of me figure out what that object is. Reflection from inside the Space Shuttle? ISS Module that's become unattached? Which one? Both seem improbable. The texture too is totally different from that of the ISS. UFO? So what do you guys think?

Courtesy: Mikesingh

Perhaps it is the 'ghost of internal reflections in a view port window past'?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Seriously, a second or third stage jettisoned rocket motor...?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

click to enlarge

Besides from reflection or something else, it seems as if the whole ISS is cut and pasted into the scene here, I've brightened the contrast and the straight pixeled lines do not match the rest of the image.

a straightly lined lasso tool is being used for cutting the ISS into the original picture..

the green marker shows how it supposed to be, and the red marker shows cut and pasting to straight pixel lines..
edit on 0b33America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 04:20:33 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 04:20:33 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Seriously, a second or third stage jettisoned rocket motor...?

That close to the ISS? It would've sent alarm bells ringing!!

Some say reflection. Possible, but the object's outline is too clearly defined to be a reflection from the bright insides of the shuttle.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Besides from reflection or something else, it seems as if the whole ISS is cut and pasted into the scene here, I've brightened the contrast and the straight pixeled lines do not match the rest of the image.

Now why would NASA go to such lengths to cut and paste the ISS image on another background?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

Now why would NASA go to such lengths to cut and paste the ISS image on another background?

I agree. On first viewing of the picture I thought reflection. Then after looking a little more, I'm not so sure. Why copy and paste the ISS onto another background? They must know that people with an aquisitive mind will question everything they put out.
They seem to have just ignored whatever it is. Maybe it is something easily explained and we're all looking too much into it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Nice catch.. Very strange

I tried enhancing it some.. looks artificial and almost organic.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
its dust in the window just like those at the bottom of the image

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Correct, you’re looking too much into into it.

You can see the sequence of photos HERE

It only shows up in one shot, despite the fact that there a several shots taken close together.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: rhynouk

Correct, you’re looking too much into into it.

You can see the sequence of photos HERE

It only shows up in one shot, despite the fact that there a several shots taken close together.

That third image in your link shows probably the same 'object' that has moved away toward the top left though this one isn't sharply defined. So I think this third image you linked is some sort of reflection. If it's a reflection then there's a lot of difference between this reflected image and the more defined image in the OP.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I really don't know, Maybe they didn't like the view?
edit on 0b35America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 07:00:35 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 07:00:35 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

There's to much sharpness and different shadow that shows a more three dimensional detail on the object than I would suspect from a reflection?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There's to much sharpness and different shadow that shows a more three dimensional detail on the object than I would suspect from a reflection?

All things in a photo are 2D.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
First I thought it was a piece of debris. But the more I look at it I can imagine some sort of dimensional rip. Either way it's really interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Looks like the reflection of a camera/video camera attached to the window of the Shuttle.

Yellow rectangle around mounted camera.

See from 2:40 a camera being mounted on a window of Endeavour during 2016 mission.

edit on 14/1/2018 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Umm...the shuttles stopped flying in 2011 I thought?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Umm...the shuttles stopped flying in 2011 I thought?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

NASA

Yeah, you're probably right.

a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks, mate for them links, I shouldn't look deep into these photographs, you never know who's reflection shows up?

peekaboo

edit on 0b15America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 14:40:15 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2018 14:40:15 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If it is a reflection, then why is it the only object from inside being reflected? It is clearly not dust, it looks mechanical and it looks earthly...so, what is it? I'm leaning toward a composite picture but no idea why it would be necessary.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Looks like an old fire hydrant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join