It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - FusionGPS was a subcontractor for the FBI - ran 702 inquiries w/out FISA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Xcathdra

The FBI should be disbanded. I see nothing to trust from them.

Thugs with no honor or integrity.

I dont like the FBI and now will celebrate when bad things happen to them.

They are not one of us. They live above the law. So why do we place ourselves below them?

Screw the law I guess. They work for criminals, like the scum bag scrubs they are.

Go fetch Effers. I think your owners want some coffee or something.

A star I gave but with the caveat that there are a lot of real good agents in the FBI that need to be kept. I would take off the top several layers, bring in an experienced lawman with a strong reputation and reset the bar.

ETA

The black community has a lot of folks who believe the FBI or CIA killed MLK Jr. The city of Memphis TN did a trial using the evidence and found the purported gunman while probably was in the neighborhood, was deemed innocent of the murder.

www.cbsnews.com...

I will ALWAYS think G H W Bush was behind who killed JFK. Oswald was a patsy.

He denied it but he was there

www.wnd.com...

www.jfkmurdersolved.com...

edit on 15-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well technically no one would be slighted if the votes counted directly, in the presidential election. But it works decently as it is. There wasn't a huge difference in the last one, about 50/50 like usual I guess.

I'll be saying the same thing even if some decent Democrat wins on electors in the future.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Congress just reauthorized the act that made all of this perfectly legal. That is the issue now. For once I am applauding Rand Paul.

yes, Ron was right all along. My friends laughed at me then for 'wasting' my vote. I was about sleeping, and not voting for the lesser of two evils Since then, they have been telling me i was right, but Ron is done. IMO the world WOULD have been a better place with Ron Paul as POTUS...

edit on 15-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

This violates the spirit of the law. Unless we are supposed to now allow Trump to use the federal government and its resources against his POLITICAL opponents.

Because thats what happened and its infuriating. I dont pay taxes and live to produce for a government that can now tell me what to think and what political leanings I can have, OR FACE The Consequences., Feels like we are getting some of those consequences for nothing no matter what. Seems kind of relative now.

Oh you mean the Prog's didn't think this through and they made it so Trump can greatly be able to put whoever in the POTUS he wants when he is done?

Why am I not surprised at their total stupidity? For one reason I know they want to make us mad enough to riot and then play the "state of emergency" card. Maybe not while DJT is in but that was how it was starting to feel.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Too bad this isnt a democracy.....

The forget the pledge on purpose I feel. ".... and to the Republic for which it stands, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL"

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Too bad this isnt a democracy.....

Too bad it isn't a dictatorship... yet?

Fluff response.

We are a constitutional republic that is supposed to value the rights of the individual and the rule of law

Trump may be a turd....but as a tool to overturn the tables, hes a welcome relief.

well stated!

This guy is a pleasant surprise for my taste. I don't like the brashness of a Newark kinda attitude, been there and know it well. I do like the brashness they have about getting it done however. I was impressed that if you talk back the rude way they will talk to you, they appreciate your brass nads and take you in as a buddy.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

But less populous states do get to disenfranchise voters from other states.

Of course the system has to be respected, anything else would be absolutely wrong. But that doesn't mean it's a good system. Just extra layers of complexity that can potentially be gamed, plus the unequality. And the problem will get worse if differences in population keep growing.

Yea, those electoral votes in unpopulated states don't add up to those for CA, NY or FL collectively it would take many more states to catch those . It was setup as a Republic to avoid MOB RULE.....

Pennsylvania and Michigan voting Trump didn't help Hillary they are not unpopulated states btw.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: Grambler

FGPS would fit nicely though.....

You can try this out yourself in Photoshop. After testing on a larger section, it's a pretty close match for Times New Roman @ 14.8 pt. Using that, FGPS appears a bit too long.

(full sized image)

It could be another 4-letter acronym with a narrower letter or two.

In any case, according to the document, the incident was uncovered during a March 9th, 2016 review and access to the raw data was discontinued on April 18th, 2016. That doesn't fit with Fusion GPS at all from everything known.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that any of this refers to Fusion GPS. "Staffed largely by private contractors" could be a reference to literally thousands of firms that do business with the federal government.

What we have here in my opinion, is a lot of wishful thinking that relies heavily on the fact that people have recently been reading about Steele and others who worked as contractors for Fusion GPS and a very strong desire to believe that the FBI did something untoward in relation to Fusion GPS/Christopher Steele.

People trying to make it fit, primed of course by spurious assertions in a post by a dubious far-right news blog on Twitter.

What's next?

"Well maybe it's a nickname like 'Fuze'! I mean it says 'private contractors' and Fusion GPS uses contractors!"

The standard for government documents is 10-12 point Times New Roman. I don't have a source on this, so you can feel free to disregard. My source is 13 years of personal experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Inspector General report is due out Monday.

Last I heard it was due sometime in March. Do you have a source on this? I've been waiting for this too.

The FBI director requested the OIG to speed up their investigation and they agreed.

Upcoming OIG Report Likely To Trigger Second Special Counsel; Comey, Lynch And Clinton In Crosshairs

On January 15, the DOJ's internal watchdog - the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), is expected to present their findings to Congressional investigators regarding a wide variety of alleged bias and malfeasance by the FBI, the Clinton campaign, and the Obama Administration - both during and after the 2016 election. Moreover, the man heading up the OIG investigation, Michael Horowitz, fought the Obama Administration to regain investigative powers which were restricted by former Attorney General Eric Holder during the Fast and Furious scandal.

click link for entire article...

This comes out the same week as Nunes briefing to Congress about the violations in the FISA program.

Thanks. I hadn't heard about them finishing early. This is something I've been very interested in, especially since the media has been mostly ignoring it.

ETA: Wow, I hadn't heard that the "most transparent administration in history" tied the hands of Inspectors General back in 2011. That's #ing shady. When I was in the Air Force, the IG was seen as pretty much the most independent investigators you could ask for. They're not tied to the chain of command and had unique powers and authority. Only one reason to do that: they must have had some things to hide. [sarcasm]Big shocker that didn't get much news coverage.[/sarcasm]
edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sounds like this goes way beyond Obama.

I'm sure the intelligence sector has been doing this for a long time, the world over.

Sort of thing that used to see people separated from their heads.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

agreed. There are some spectacular agents in the FBI that consistently blow us away with their capacity and integrity.

I still think the agency that went to war with the mob has outlived its purpose.

We can have a new federal investigative agency.

The FIA.

Keep the good, eliminate the problems.

Have a good one.

edit on 1 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not to mention the fact that the State Department Lacked Top Watchdog During Hillary Clinton Tenure:

The State Department had no permanent inspector general—the lead watchdog charged with uncovering misconduct and waste—during Hillary Clinton’s entire tenure as secretary, leaving in place an acting inspector who had close ties to State Department leadership.

President Barack Obama didn’t put forward a nominee to lead the inspector general’s office while Mrs. Clinton led the State Department, making it the only agency with a presidentially appointed inspector general that had neither a confirmed nor nominated head watchdog during that full time period.

Five months after Mrs. Clinton left office, Mr. Obama nominated a permanent inspector general, who was confirmed by the Senate three months later.

This was more than a mere oversight and shows a willfulness on the part of the Obama administration to allow former Secretary Clinton free reign to do as she pleased while at State. His use of a pseudonym on the private server shows that he lied when he told the American people that he found out about it in the news, with everyone else.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: face23785

Not to mention the fact that the State Department Lacked Top Watchdog During Hillary Clinton Tenure:

The State Department had no permanent inspector general—the lead watchdog charged with uncovering misconduct and waste—during Hillary Clinton’s entire tenure as secretary, leaving in place an acting inspector who had close ties to State Department leadership.

President Barack Obama didn’t put forward a nominee to lead the inspector general’s office while Mrs. Clinton led the State Department, making it the only agency with a presidentially appointed inspector general that had neither a confirmed nor nominated head watchdog during that full time period.

Five months after Mrs. Clinton left office, Mr. Obama nominated a permanent inspector general, who was confirmed by the Senate three months later.

This was more than a mere oversight and shows a willfulness on the part of the Obama administration to allow former Secretary Clinton free reign to do as she pleased while at State. His use of a pseudonym on the private server shows that he lied when he told the American people that he found out about it in the news, with everyone else.

Yeah I believe some of that was in the wikileaks releases. The "pseudonym" he was using was bobama. He's too smart for us.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Hey maybe you can link where you think Simpson walked back his WH insider comments because he certainly has not.
And maybe stick to verifiable facts and not satire fantasy websites as your source. (And then look down on me because I won't fall for the stuff you do.)
I never will.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
In WWII one knew they were nearing the target as flak would get extra heavy,

The flak is heavy here, just as it is in "Q" thread where subject matter in certain posts similar.

In a nutshell,

The government spying apparatus was used by partisan political hacks to conduct illegal opposition research.

Take the illegally obtained information and pass to paid third party actors to wash, launder and assemble into use able format.

Use laundered, washed and massaged information to obtain FISA approval on 2nd go around after getting a rare denial first go round which under FISA rules made the illegal tainted information legal.

Basically one big huge circle jerk by democrats and deep state swampers desperate to maintain political power.

The OP citing CTH twitter does an injustice to the folks over there on CTH website whom have backed up their assertions with 49 cites with links included

No matter how certain members with initials want to vigorously shoot flak, ultimately it will be ineffective as weight of information will smother the cover up and obfuscation.

CTH

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: Grambler

FGPS would fit nicely though.....

You can try this out yourself in Photoshop. After testing on a larger section, it's a pretty close match for Times New Roman @ 14.8 pt. Using that, FGPS appears a bit too long.

(full sized image)

It could be another 4-letter acronym with a narrower letter or two.

In any case, according to the document, the incident was uncovered during a March 9th, 2016 review and access to the raw data was discontinued on April 18th, 2016. That doesn't fit with Fusion GPS at all from everything known.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that any of this refers to Fusion GPS. "Staffed largely by private contractors" could be a reference to literally thousands of firms that do business with the federal government.

What we have here in my opinion, is a lot of wishful thinking that relies heavily on the fact that people have recently been reading about Steele and others who worked as contractors for Fusion GPS and a very strong desire to believe that the FBI did something untoward in relation to Fusion GPS/Christopher Steele.

People trying to make it fit, primed of course by spurious assertions in a post by a dubious far-right news blog on Twitter.

What's next?

"Well maybe it's a nickname like 'Fuze'! I mean it says 'private contractors' and Fusion GPS uses contractors!"

The standard for government documents is 10-12 point Times New Roman. I don't have a source on this, so you can feel free to disregard. My source is 13 years of personal experience.

I think that is a Department Head decision not a whole government thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

agreed. There are some spectacular agents in the FBI that consistently blow us away with their capacity and integrity.

I still think the agency that went to war with the mob has outlived its purpose.

We can have a new federal investigative agency.

The FIA.

Keep the good, eliminate the problems.

Have a good one.

Agreed! The one we have now is permanently tainted but there are good people in there now that get shat upon.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
In WWII one knew they were nearing the target as flak would get extra heavy,

The flak is heavy here, just as it is in "Q" thread where subject matter in certain posts similar.

In a nutshell,

The government spying apparatus was used by partisan political hacks to conduct illegal opposition research.

Take the illegally obtained information and pass to paid third party actors to wash, launder and assemble into use able format.

Use laundered, washed and massaged information to obtain FISA approval on 2nd go around after getting a rare denial first go round which under FISA rules made the illegal tainted information legal.

Basically one big huge circle jerk by democrats and deep state swampers desperate to maintain political power.

Illegally obtained unvetted lies we are discovering they added some tasty lies to the thing too. The pissing on the bed seemingly one of many.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I highly encourage members educate themselves over at the link to website rather than limited twitter link provided in OP.

Yup it's a ton of reading but once absorbed it's highly unreasonable to expect ANYONE to come back here on ATS and attempt "nothingburger" claims without showing themselves for what they truly may be.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

One of the ramifications of the "Trump Operation" spying scheme getting exposed is normal people asking this simple question,

"If it was done to Trump and his campaign, where, when and whom was it used against in other past matters?"

I believe certain partisan types will be unwittingly used by deep state actors to do their utmost to make sure general public does not gain the awareness to ask the question above.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join