It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As No One Watched, Trump Pardoned 5 Megabanks For Corruption Charges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

They haven't been "let off" though. Why are you perpetuating this lie?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Willtell

That's pretty damned sleazy.

I'd think it would be illegal, since he owed the banks money.

You know DB of all the Trump cultists you may be the only one saved from the fire

HA!

Obama did it before Trump but that doesn't excuse Trump.

Bailouts, pardons, all bullsh#t

Basically Obama stalled it until he was out of office. It seems Trump has done the same thing. My biggest concern in all this is that it indicates that Trump is doubtful about his second term.

Why does that concern me? Well I'm terrified of who will come next...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Dang. Good spot OP.

Yeah, I wondered what Trump was trying to distract people from. You've probably nailed it. Pardoning his banker buddies. Many of whom he probably owes a ton of money to.

Nothing dodgy about this at allllll.

I'm vaguely amused how many 'BUT HILARY!' and 'BUT OBAMA!' comments you've received though.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

They haven't been pardoned! How many times do I have to tell you this fact?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Do you have any proof of this other then some unknown liberal rag? I don't believe anything is truthful,only speculation,but just like a liberal,if it sounds good

The thread title is a lie. The 5 banks were not pardoned. They were given a waiver on their fines. Obama did it too so that the next prez could deal with it. This looks to me like Trump has done the exact same thing.

I'm not sensing much confidence from him for 2020...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is why his "audit the fed" campaign promise will never be filled now. The banksters appear to have taken over this administration too...

This is an actual legitimate Trump problem. Sadly most are probably over on the Trump gorilla radio thread. This was my fear is he would succumb to this mechanism and he has.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If this is true (never heard of the source before), then this constitutes a serious breech of "draining the swamp"

And while we're on the topic, I despise the fact that Trump has allowed so many insiders/corrupt politicians into his WH/and even inner circle. Is he trying to blow this?

As others have pointed out, Obama did the exact same #. Clearly, Trump isn't exempt from criticism and I don't think you'll find many "Trumpians" who will back this move. This is exactly the kind of bull# that is going to screw the GOP in 2018 and possibly even 2020.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Gosh I never once saw you denounce O. Must have been on all the threads I wasn't on.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

BS moves like these certainly aren't helping those prospects. I've done nothing but defend this President, and assuming this really is as bad as it looks (ie: he actually did what the article alleges), I will have to reexamine that support more carefully in the future.

Because I fully oppose and stand against anything done to prop up or otherwise make the lives of banksters easier

These people shouldn't even be walking free to receive a waiver. They all should've been rotting in prison or worse.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

The thread title is a lie. The 5 banks were not pardoned. They were given a waiver on their fines....

Well, I'm not sure if that is strictly so. The Deutsche Bank has already paid fines for money laundering. What the waiver is for, (and it is a waiver, maybe you could call it an Exculpation) is to allow them to continue business.
The Wall street Journal would have the full jargon.

In some ways too it is something of a pardon, since some of the bad practice appears to have been excused under some kind of 'Donkey' clause.
Overall though, the reason for it all is the to big to fail ethos is still prevailing, for, had this been some small high street set-up and they did the same as the Deutsche Bank for instance, the whole shop would have been shut, and the occupants tossed into the pokey.

As for the DB, (not DB cowboy
) fines they did pay, it likely didn't hurt too much, HSB paid a fine of $1.9 billion in the US, and that was peanuts...and that was a bank actually, and knowingly..since they aided and abetted, participating in money laundering using agents on the ground. This is how scummy the whole things is.
edit on 14-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

1) They paid their fines and did their time. You want to keep fining them ? Thats called extortion

Well that's just plain wrong.

And as far as the waiver goes.. who cares, it's Trump doing the thing he said he wasn't going to do. Drain the swamp? Pfft.. he has no problem reversing or removing everything Obama has put into place or supported.. EXCEPT for forcing criminal banks to whom he owes money, to pay their debts.

And if wins the next election.. guess which banks will get another waiver? The ones who got a 3 year extension. Bank on it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Many here found the earlier thread on this topic and have already wormed and squirmed, bent over backward and done somersaults to justify his action.

Most Presiders pardon condemned criminals. Trump pardons businesses.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Xtrozero

I mean who cares about what Trump does right? MAGA.

You might as well just repeat the above. Pretty much what you and others say on here. That's it.

The difference is you and a few others treat EVERYTHING he does as bad or wrong and if anything that just dilutes anything that we should truly be concern about. The majority of the crap you talk about you have zero insight as to maybe why, or even if it is him and not something held over from Obama, which is the case many times.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

They haven't been pardoned!

Agreed - but delaying it 3 and 5 years is still ridiculous. If he wins another term, he'll extend it again. Considering he is reverting absolutely everything Obama put into place, seems a conflict of interest, what with all the banking he has done with them, and the money he owes them. I mean consider.. he proclaimed that the U.S. recognized Jerusalem the capital of Israel, upending 70 YEARS of U.S. Presidents doing this, to keep a modicum of peace, and not upsetting the apple cart. But he even did this.. because Obama.

But apparently it's ok to further put off the fines owed by criminal banks? HuH!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This Deutche bank (however you spell it) fiasco has been brewing for a long time, well before Trump.

I was expecting a massive bailout, they are a huge bank.

Isn't that the same bank who a few years ago where trying to get their gold back from storage in the USA, and who ever had it ( so reason I'm remembering fort Knox) wouldn't give it back.
Interesting

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Agreed - but delaying it 3 and 5 years is still ridiculous. If he wins another term, he'll extend it again. Considering he is reverting absolutely everything Obama put into place, seems a conflict of interest, what with all the banking he has done with them, and the money he owes them. I mean consider.. he proclaimed that the U.S. recognized Jerusalem the capital of Israel, upending 70 YEARS of U.S. Presidents doing this, to keep a modicum of peace, and not upsetting the apple cart. But he even did this.. because Obama.

But apparently it's ok to further put off the fines owed by criminal banks? HuH!

I see in your posts the same thing as others of just how wrong and corrupt Trump is. The bastard PARDON 5 BANKS!!

We have seen this posted a million times so far "As No One Watched, Trump Pardoned 5 Megabanks!" So it all must be true, right?

But here is the truth in the matter, what the Labor Department did (not so much Trump) is grant a reprieve of 3 to 5 years for 5 retirement fund mangers to give them relief from rules restricting asset management activities for RETIREMENT accounts...lol What this means is the banks can continue to manage pension plans and individual-retirement accounts, but then you know we should shut down these pension plans and individual-retirement account to show them what is right...

The banks wanted 10 years and the Labor Depart said no as they continue their investigations.

So once again where does evil and corrupt Trump fit into all this?

edit on 14-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

( Trump) He pardoned five megabanks for rampant fraud and corruption, which is especially notable because of the amount of money he owes them. Trump has been using Deutsche Bank since the 1990s, and Financial Times has reported that he now owes the bank at least $130 million in outstanding loans secured in properties in Miami, Chicago, and Washington. However, the report claimed that the actual number is likely much larger at $300 million. Reports claimed that Deutsche was the only bank willing to lend Trump money after his companies faced multiple bankruptcies. The relationship has continued over the years, and an analysis from the Wall Street Journal claimed that Trump has received at least $2.5 billion in loans from Deutsche Bank over the last 20 years.

Trump is going to clean up the swamp eh?

Trump constantly does things to make the tabloid and ratings hungry MSM keep their eyes off the ball and then goes and does corrupt actions that no body sees.

Here he pardons a bank that he owes millions of dollars to...

The banks were involved in the LIBOR Scandal, in which they colluded to deliberately depress the rate at which they paid out on investments. By suppressing the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) at the beginning of an economic crisis in 2007, the megabanks were able to boost their earnings and to give their customers a false sense of security. Deutsche Bank pled guilty to wire fraud in a U.S. court in 2015, and it went on to pay $3.5 billion for its role in the LIBOR scandal—more than any other bank involved—before it reached a $7.2 billion settlement with the Justice Department in early 2017.

Trump is the most corrupt president in the history of America and it will get worse as he does crazy things like call non white countries sh__ holes and makes the press obsesses over that and then turns around and does things like this.

www.activistpost.com...

Most corrupt president lol....

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Could you post a link to the "pardons" please?

When I look here: www.justice.gov...

the only pardon I see is the one for Sheriff Joe. Perhaps it is my inability to find such documents.

I'm sure you just made a simple mistake here but it would seem from the info offered in your link that the Dept. of Justice just carried on as they had under the previous administrations. But if you have some proof of five pardons for banks with Trump's signature on them, I'd surely like to see them. Otherwise, I'll be inclined to ask that this thread be put in some other forum, maybe HOAX or LOL?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nice to see Mr. Trump finally taking examples from those before him. Way to go Mr. President!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That post should be it's own thread imo. I f#cking despise the banks as much as the next guy for what they did to us the last decade or two but unfortunately, a lot of people have their entire lives dependent on them. I want them to be punished but sadly, it will be the little people that will be punished the most.

If Trump hadn't given them a few more years to get their act together then a lot of peoples lives would have been turned upside down.
edit on 14-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Stuff

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join