It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think the government won't tell us the truth about aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is it for security reasons? The fact that it would cause mass hysteria? The possibility that their authority would be undermined? Or that it would crush some major religions? Or do they just not think we could handle it? Perhaps you think it's something else...

I wish the people "in the know" would tell us that extraterrestrials really do exist and that our government has made and continues to make contact with them. That's what this world needs right now, something to get behind and say: WOW, I AM HONORED TO BE A HUMAN BEING, WHAT AN ACHIEVMENT. Does anyone think full disclosure will ever take place, or do you think that our universal bretheren will be hid away in the shadows forever?

I think disclosure will take place within 50 years. Technology is growing at an insane rate, and i think the younger generations have more open minds than our adult friends. I'm 17 and i can honestly say that my generation is questioning the very basis of EVERYTHING. We're different, accepting. I think we can handle it and i believe my generation will be the generation to let the alien "cat out of the bag".

Our government gets its power from the people. If we would all unite and go forward in front of our government and DEMAND to know the truth, they would have no choice but to eventually give us the truth. Without the trust and menial work of the people, the USA is nothing. We have the power. Someday i hope we can use it to turn this world and everything we "know" upside down...

[edit on 15-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Check this thread for a variety of answers to this question...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Believe it or not, even a lot of those of us who believe, also realize that there are some very important reasons that disclosure needs to happen very carefully...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Heck..such a stagnant point of view. But so is mine that its going to put out in public.
Really I'm not sure it will ever.
However, I also think it will be the public at large who KEEPS it coming to the front.
A UFO can drop on the Capital Building and still believers will say I seen it hit the buildings; the construction crews will say they cleaned it up and the congress will say never seen a thing.
There realy is secrets to this - yes?
Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The reasons we arent told about UFO's or alien visitation has been in discussion for years, dating back to the 40's and 50's. If we are to accept the most far out stories about UFO's we would see why they are to hide it. If Uncle Sam is our uncle, they probably are trying to "protect" us by handling the situation with out disturbing the mass. Or maybe its the deals they made with these extraterriestrials and are deeply ashamed of the decisions made for us, such as General James V. Forrestal www.shellac.org... . So take conciderable amount of time to research UFO's and reasons for a cover up, my favorite being the Dulce Base, which I've been reasearching for 2 years now.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Actually, I think the reasons we're not told about the Spaceship Guys is that there aren't any.

Of course, this viewpoint is not politically correct on this forum, but you know how it is with us annoying people who want evidence.

Anyway, I think if the government told you what you wanted it to tell you (that there were Spaceship Guys), they'd be lying.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The reason might be as simple as they dont know much more then the rest of us. They might just know that some alien race is comming to earth and not any more then that.

If they came forward with that then people would demand to know who are these aliens, where did they come from how did they get here, what are their motives on earth.

Rasing tough question the goverment might not have the answers for.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
No, I think not. Funny thing about the answer.. I can't exactly say why..
Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Now why would the government start telling the truth about aliens when they never tell the truth about anything else??

It would be silly for the government to come clean on this.
I wouldnt beleive it
anyways.

(by the way, this applies to any government in the US and bears no reflection on George Bush)

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If there is a cover up it goes beyond the US goverment. Goverments all over the world would be in on it. Russia,China the UK ect...

Perhaps Mexico is not in the cover up club of nations and thats why they are speaking out about UFOs.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
laziness,besides the hysteria issue, is probably the second biggest factor. Theres no advantage to telling us this, while there are several different disadvantages. One would be the constant nagging questions and the undermining of the authority/credibility to government. The second would be having to answer them. The third would be the blow hollywood would take the poetic license it gives them. The fourth would be transitioning society to alien presence, including any biomedical/ intercultural concerns.

so im going to go with laziness.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Actually, I think the reasons we're not told about the Spaceship Guys is that there aren't any.

Of course, this viewpoint is not politically correct on this forum, but you know how it is with us annoying people who want evidence.

There is no PROOF, but there is plenty of EVIDENCE...

I know you're a logical, and quite intelligent guy from your posts. Do you honestly believe that it was a Mogul balloon that crashed at Roswell, and that the senior intelligence officer of the only base housing an atomic bomber wing, somehow mistook balloon debris for an unidentified craft???

If so, then why even bother with this forum? Just curious...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I believe that each agency within the U.S. Government (ie CIA, NSA, DOD, Pentagon) each knows a certain amount of information. One agency might want to release what they know, but other agencies may keep them from doing this. I also don't think they want to disturb the status quo was of life. I do think it would cause some people to flip out, although some of you dissagree with me on this point. I also don't think they want the technologies they've gained from Extraterrestrials to leak out to other countries. They want to stay ahead in that aspect.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a true question is why WOULD they tell us? if it is of no advantage to the general public,. why would they bother disclosing that aliens exist? to me it serves no purpose for the general public to know.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by god is on vacation]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes but I think we have a right to know. I mean, it's not like aliens belong to the U.S. Government or aliens are the property of the U.S. Government. Aliens belong to the universal community, and we should be made a part of it. Just my take on it...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
technically we have the right to know but lets be realistic, why would the governement be honest about anything?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Gazrok says:

“There is no PROOF, but there is plenty of EVIDENCE...”

I agree, but I don’t consider the evidence to be convincing at all.

“I know you're a logical and quite intelligent guy from your posts.”

An intelligent bureaucrat? Thank you; that’s heartening indeed to hear.

”Do you honestly believe that it was a Mogul balloon that crashed at Roswell, and that the senior intelligence officer of the only base housing an atomic bomber wing, somehow mistook balloon debris for an unidentified craft???”

Gazrok, I don’t know what to believe. I have heard that there was some sort of debris, but that it disappeared. I have heard that someone said something and retracted that. As far as I know, they’re all dead now, and no one (that we know of, anyway) actually has a piece of that debris.

And as far as an “intelligence officer” – lemme tell you. Back in 1995, I was working with a guy whose last job before coming to work here was in the Air Force. He was a captain, and was assigned to the intelligence group. You can bet he was pretty hot – in his own eyes, anyway – and thought he was the reincarnation of James Bond. When we heard the news about the Murrah Building, hew said that the government would have a response to whichever Muslim terrorist state (Iran or Libya) was responsible for that and would blow them off the map.

I’d just finished reading The Turner Diaries and told the guys at lunch I thought it was a home-grown nutburg with a van full of ANFO. Needless to say, Mister Hotshot Air Force Intelligence Officer hoo-rawed me for about a week.

My point is that most of these bozos don’t know anything more than you or I do.

“If so, then why even bother with this forum? Just curious...”

Because I don’t rule anything out. The possibility of us being visited by Spaceship Guys is there, I admit; although the probability -- in my opinion -- is pretty small. But my big thing on this forum is to debunk the really silly assertions like the internal bombs in the WTC or the Secret “chem-trail” Plot or the Hollow Earth Theories. And the reason I do that is because (maybe since I used to be a schoolteacher) that it is right to Deny Ignorance.

But you won’t hear me saying that there are no such tings as Spaceship Guys; only that I think their visiting earth is highly unlikely because of the math involved and the fact that we have no evidence I consider convincing.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
I'm 17 and i can honestly say that my generation is questioning the very basis of EVERYTHING. We're different, accepting. I think we can handle it and i believe my generation....

(...insert some great plan.)

I think you've repeated what's been said by every generation.

I believe the only way that disclosure could unite us (immediately) would be if we were going to war against an extraterrestrial threat. Anything else would have the reverse effect upon people for various reasons (religion, social, economical).

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No earth based government would tell you that there are creatures who are far superior to humans and live better lives than we all do. They would undermine their own positions of power by doing so. Giving up that power is something they will never do willingly. If it became common knowledge that there are other forms of government, or perhaps non-government, in which its possible to become space faring race free from the trials of life stuck on a planet, then our people would naturally want to emulate such a lifestyle. If you're an earth based governemnt who gets all its power from being able to control the lives of its people and the commerce which controls their livelihoods, then you would realize that you would have no power in a reality in which outside forces would hold all the economic and political platforms that the people potentially wanted. You would become a fossil overnight and discarded by the very people whom lives you controlled just the other day. So to our governments, and esepcially our leaders in those governments, its better to keep the people ignorant of such a reality for as long as possible so that they can retain their power as long as possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Off_The_Street, a well-reasoned response...

We'll continue to present our evidence, to make the case.
At least you seem to have an open mind on it...and that's difficult with the amount of crap out there.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For my own part, I don't think that the gov actually knows anything, but it does seem like that are hiding some things, in particular I am thinking about the weirdness that gazrok mentioned, that Rosewell was all sorts of things, and then, all of a sudden a few years ago, they said it was a test of crash dummies, of all things.

I suspect that they do put out disinformation tho, and that its either designed to encourage alien conspiracies, or unintentionally does that. And that its being put out to keep actual secret projects, things like stealth bombers and whatnot, secret. So nothing necessarily sinister.

I tend to think that its unreasonable to think that there aren't organisms living elsewhere, and that they're'd probably be somethign like a recognizable intelligence on at least one of those planets other than earth. But I think people undersestimate just how bizzare evolution can get, and that there is not really any reason, other than vague references to 'small chance, but lots of possible places it could happen' type reasoning to think that it'd be recognizable. I mean, somethign truly alien would be so bizzare, so unfamiliar, that you couldn't even dream it up, even if you were HP Lovecraft on crack and channeling Carl Sagan.

I think that the evidence is against them being able to travel between stars. THe only things that are known show that its not possible. However, whats known is probably a tiny fraction of whats actually out there, so 'who knows'. But basing estimations on 'who knows' is not reasonable.

So, there is no 'disclosure' because there is no real evidence of aliens or even their visitations to disclose, and that which is 'covered up' is 'normal' stuff that is merely 'top secret' and the like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join