It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EC appoints 39 experts to report on fake news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
As I copied this headline directly from the source, I post this as a new sign that the globalists are trying to undermine every news that has no real investigation if the sources are real and authentic as " journalists seem to have" The mainstream media significantly seems to stumble down and more people over the world are seeing that more and more conspiracies are leading to conspired fact.

So they're now assembling a team to rebuild the social platform and fact-check every story in compliance to give those a go-ahead on presenting their news on the social platform before those who do not seem credible enough or simply put out fake news to their standards.

The European Commission has appointed 39 experts to a new group tasked with reporting on fake news and online disinformation. The High Level Group comprises representatives of civil society, social media, online platforms, news media organizations and academia.

It will be expected to contribute to the development of an EU-level strategy on how to tackle fake news, above all identifying “effective actions to fight against the epidemic of false information and disinformation online while respecting the fundamental principles, said EC digital economy and society commissioner Mariya Gabriel.

The members were selected by EC experts from more than 300 applications, with Utrecht University professor Madeleine de Cock Buning nominated to chair the group. The first meeting will take place on 15 January, with the group expected to deliver a report which will feed into the Commission Communication on fake news and online disinformation planned for late April 2018.

Telecompaper

So now we know who will eventually rule all of the social media story outlets in the future and we'll be shut down by the globalists who run this show for ages..

Facebook Inc. is broadly overhauling the way it presents news and information on its platform, as it struggles to address criticism from users and others about the quality of the content shared there and its effect on society.

Wallstreet journal

This News thread will self-destruct after 15 January not by me but those who are in power,

have a nice day

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Facebook as the pillar of truth and protecting freedom of free speech is the biggest joke we were ever told. Snopes is next on the list to get destroyed. They have the audacity to keep people from searching Laura Silsby. How convenient. Let them all go down in flames.

Make Mondays Great Again!

edit on 13-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
lmfao. let me guess, first up, the majority of names of this group will be associated with gold or end with man.
second up, cool websites like ATS will soon be fakenews and banned.

if only the internet could have stayed free. we needed another 10-20 years to wake everyone up to the elitists ruling the world.

now cnndisneyfoxbbc will soon 'tell' us all how spectacular their world is once again.
edit on 13-1-2018 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
lmfao. let me guess, first up, the majority of names of this group will be associated with gold or end with man.
second up, cool websites like ATS will soon be fakenews and banned.

if only the internet could have stayed free. we needed another 10-20 years to wake everyone up to the elitists ruling the world.

now cnndisneyfoxbbc will soon 'tell' us all how spectacular their world is once again.

You know, and we all know a lot of ATS is fictional stories made up in error, or delusion, or even people fooled by other 'news ' organizations.

But we do need disclaimers or protection from fiction. Libraries list their books and material in such a way. Truth is expected to be truth.

Where is truth now days

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yea I agree that Facebook isn't really the place to find something credible, only how to know what your neighbors are doing and see how people having fun but actually are going into divorce.

But if it's only Facebook than I've got no issues here but I think it's the first step for what eventually will end up in places like this that will go down..

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yea I agree that Facebook isn't really the place to find something credible, only how to know what your neighbors are doing and see how people having fun but actually are going into divorce.

But if it's only Facebook than I've got no issues here but I think it's the first step for what eventually will end up in places like this that will go down..

LOL, yep........ with their picture being at least 4-5 years earlier than present.... sometimes mor

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not all of ATS is under that umbrella of fiction, we have real and intensely interesting authors and items that make their way here to be sure.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
French President Emmanuel Macron is preparing to Ban Fake News in his country.
ATS Discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

]The European Commission has appointed 39 experts to a new group tasked with reporting on fake news and online disinformation.

"Online Disinformation" ? The truth you mean. Something the 'high level committees' struggle to bury or criminalize.

Since when did we hear the truth from the Ministry of Information, anyway?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Online Disinformation" ? The truth you mean. Something the 'high level committees' struggle to bury or criminalize.

like, we put on referendums but actually destroy them after negative outcomes because those votes were all fake..

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: intrptr

Online Disinformation" ? The truth you mean. Something the 'high level committees' struggle to bury or criminalize.

like, we put on referendums but actually destroy them after negative outcomes because those votes were all fake..

Referendums, what a fake term. Non binding Opinion Polls. They been running them all over the EU.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

They have discovered the magic word now, UFO's next will be fairies, goblins, giants, and gnomes and we have to believe them because they have credible info on that..
edit on 0b00America/ChicagoSat, 13 Jan 2018 13:00:00 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 13 Jan 2018 13:00:00 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So they have hired three experts at debunking anything they do not want us to believe is true. Yes, I guess that is the new way of doing things nowadays. I expect serious penalties for telling the whole truth about something in the future.

Most news is propaganda and misinterpretations to fuel an agenda which is governed by a group. Instead of just telling us what happened, they glorify everything and twist it to meet their desired direction that they want us to look in. It has been that way for over fifty years, I have been reading the paper and watching the news since I was about ten. But at least some of the news was actually real back then, the stuff was not twisted backwards to show the opposite, they had rules governing media back then. What do people expect though, anything goes on TV and the internet now. I see underwear commercials all the time, how come they allow undergarments on TV these days, I guess there are no more Penney's or Ward's Catalogs to look at people in underwear. I know, what is the difference between underwear and swim suits. One is public and the other is underwear. I suppose we now live in a country where your neighbor may be on the list of sex offenders, it can't have anything to do with Media.

top topics

join