It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male infertility among many side effects linked to ibuprofen - study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just a heads up for all those who are active and tend to take ibuprofen after or before a strenuous event:

The study, published this week in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), monitored 31 healthy white men aged 18 to 35.

They had two groups 14 in an ibuprofen group and 17 in a placebo group. The ibuprofen took two 600mg pills a day... Small study group but the results were rather impressive...

When the researchers measured the testosterone/luteinizing hormone (LH) ratio in the participants, they found that the ibuprofen group experienced an 18 percent ratio decrease after 14 days. That number rose to a 23 percent decrease after 44 days. "Taken together, these in vivo data suggest that ibuprofen induced a state of compensated hypogonadism during the trial..." the study states.

www.rt.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not even remotely a surprise, silent weapons for silent wars, de-population in the water, food, medicine and air!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am more concerned about the various chemicals Ive been exposed to, and the number of times I was radiated on active duty.

Is it the same study that had a sample pool of 35 people?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Meh.

I always rise to the occasion.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I survived on ibuprofen in my college sports days, and still take 3 (the magic number) [600mg total] whenever I have any pain.

I'm 37. My son is 16 months old.

I should also state, I've always been careful in order NOT to have kids. That is, until I married a few years ago. Take that anecdote for what its worth

Maybe I am immune to the ibuprofen poison. I should sell my blood!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well considering the military gives this stuff out like candy then it's no surprise that they also spend $84 million annually on erectile dysfunction medication. Another example of the gubment creating the problem then offering the solution. Here take this pill, oh you're experiencing side affects well ok here take this pill to counter that pill but don't stop taking the original pill and if you have any more side effects we can just give you some more pills.

Meanwhile big pharma is like KA-CHING, KA-CHING!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Introduces anti ibuprofen medication, make millions.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Good news! Time to double up on it.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...