It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This person is me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Congradulations glad to see you have fought a successful battle,I know it is hard to erase memorys,but comes a time when you have to start anew,I have my youngest son who has issues in a mental health facility,I finally realized if I didn't kick him out on streets it would of been enabling him,I had a very rough life growing up,mostly due to my thought process ,I am not politically correct,why I left the corporate world,I tell it like it is,so good on ya,you control your destiny,and sounds like you are destined for a better life

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Silo I wish I could hug you right now. So a virtual one will have to do (hugs)

I have always enjoyed your posts over the years on here. This brought tears to my eyes.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Don’t delete this thread!! Let it be a testament to your trials and tribulations! You’ve made it this far! And this moment shall pass. You will need a reminder of how you made it this far. Let this remind you of that fact!

There is a reason that I like you. I just didn’t know why!

Stay strong!!!

*electric hug*

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This is awesome. I deal with similar issues and this winter has been especially tough. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Thank you so much for sharing this with the members of ATS that we know as our online family. This song means a lot to me and is worth sharing with others.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I asked myself - should I be proud of me because I made it through with God's help?

We are all stronger than we imagine but we all need Gods help now and in the future. You know your creator you have all you need in this short difficult lifetime.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I wanted to respond to this thread as I too am now free. I think you get to a certain age when the pain dims and you become a different person to the 1 you was before. Sometimes I think my life has just be an act to please others. I have learn't to put myself up front and to actually enjoy who I am. My teenage years were not good and I now know it affected my mental health. Due to very bad experiences I started drinking and smoking at 13 to get by. This had continued all my life. It's my comfy blanket. I did have counselling but they can't make it go away and talking about it all, does not heal you. So I just say this is who I am. Life experiences have made me this way and I accept it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Congrats! It takes so much courage to do what you are doing. I am happy for you. You should read your words every single day. Reinforce them in your mind. You might have days that you still feel bad but remind yourself that you have crossed the bridge and burnt it down!!! Stand firm!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join