It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trustworthy Charity Orgs... Any Recommendations Welcomed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Honestly, best I can suggest is keep it local & help your community out. You might have charities for everything from assistance for the disabled (animals, medical help, in-home help, etc) to food banks to child-oriented charities to pick from.
Payroll helped my husband set up a recurring donation every paycheck to a local food pantry, it's a standing one we're not going to be ceasing. Nobody deserves to go hungry.

On the tax end, I could have absolutely claimed it on tax returns as a charitable donation the last few years he's been doing it, but TBH, doing so seems like a Greedy Dick move, and I won't claim it because of that. Feels wrong to even consider, man.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Cheers for the reminder guys, sadly this will have to be delayed as I have a court case on April 5th after I was charged with possession of a banned breed under the Danger Dogs Act.

So not only do I have an uphill battle in trying to get Ghost back under the exemption rule (they took him on Valentine's Day), but whether I do or not, I will still likely face a hefty fine anyway.

Worse case scenario is that they put him down and I get sentenced to do a bit of porridge...
Losing him would hurt more than prison though... 2018 hates my guts.

Peace and Love!

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

They took your dog? Jesus H, that sucks my friend.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They did, mate. And it sucks worse than most things I've ever been through, to be honest...

What has made it worse is that it is completely out of the blue after 4 and a half years, and based purely on the many state's stupid breed discrimination as opposed to any reports of dangerous behaviour or endangerment.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I hope you get him back, that is so incredibly wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join