It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein Confirms Fusion GPS Lawyers Asked For Release Of Testimony Transcript

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
So should i use my magic powers to destroy Nancy Pelosi next or nah?

You swore to only use your powers for good.

So yeah, go for it!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
So tell me something does Sen. Feinstein work for Fusion GPS, or does she work for the American people?

It would appear as if she is here to do the bidding of her masters at Fusion GPS.

WASHINGTON — California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein told The Daily Caller that Fusion GPS lawyers asked her to release company co-founder Glenn Simpson’s testimony transcript.
link

Do you think that Fusion GPS pressured her into releasing the transcripts, or do you think maybe she is just treasonous?

On one hand you have the FBI trading information with Fusion GPS and on the other you have the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee doing their bidding. Will the corruption with the left and the DOJ ever end?

I think not!

I think she needs to get her story strait, and quit making up excuses as to why she leaked out the information.

originally posted by: DanDanDat
They are an opposition research firm. It's not unthinkable that they have some research on the senitor.

It's wouldn't take anymore time then to look at the Harvey Milk affair to dig up some dirt on her.

edit on 12-1-2018 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Before Maxine's physical, she must be prepped by an exorcist.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

What a pointless retort and coming from somebody of the tribe that incessantly claims to be a "silent majority." It would be like you saying that tens of millions of people support Donald Trump and me asking you for a source. It's obvious on its face to anyone who doesn't live under a rock.

It was a hot topic in liberal social media circles for a while. Fusion GPS approved the release of the transcript in December. Grassley had already committed to release the transcript and then had a change of heart. Then after the Simpon/Fritsch op-ed, things really took off.

The crooked GOP has been playing games with these investigations and the release of transcripts is no exception because they want to control the flow of information and hence, the narrative. That's why the HPSCI released the transcripts of both the Carter Page and Erik Prince testimonies while the GOP has simultaneously leaked cherry-picked bits to the right-wing media from the Simpson testimony and avoided releasing the transcript from the Senate Judiciary testimony.

Perhaps somebody can mental pretzel a rationale for why releasing the Prince and Page transcripts didn't compromise the House investigation but releasing Simpson's testimony somehow threatened to compromise the Senate Judiciary's investigation?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Umm yeah....I'm still going to need that source.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xxspockyxx

Yes, Simpson didn't lie. He was just really misunderstood and/or mangled his recollection of what he may or may not have heard.... lol

Spoken Like Nancy Pelosi......thanks Anti.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What would be the point of Glenn Simpson lying? Fusion GPS sources also clarified the remarks within a few hours of the transcript's release. I heard it in live broadcast and posted about it in the thread for the transcript:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The "inside source" thing has already been clarified. It was a reference to intel from the Australian government about Papadopolous (it's been reported on since I posted that excerpt earlier).

Then on the next page, I reiterated:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

It seems that Glenn Simpson was not referring to a informant from inside the Trump organization/campaign/whatever but to the tip from Australia about Papadopolous running his mouth to their ambassador to the UK.

And here are some web sources:

NBC

[exmews]https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-knew-possible-trump-russia-collusion-according-senate-testimony-n836216

CNN

A source close to Fusion GPS clarified that Simpson's mention of an internal Trump campaign source actually refers to the Australian ambassador who contacted the FBI to pass on information that he received from then-Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos.

But again, why would he lie about something the FBI would easily shoot down in the first place? The obvious answer is that either he misunderstood what Steele told him or Steele had it wrong when he told him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

But again, why would he lie about something the FBI would easily shoot down in the first place? The obvious answer is that either he misunderstood what Steele told him or Steele had it wrong when he told him.

So what you are basically saying is that either Steele or Simpson lied, and you are pretty confidant that it was Steele.

Tell me how does that simple fact add to the credibility of the dossier.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

So why didn't you bother to address it in your thread? If you knew all of this why no statement that NBC had to make a correction? NBC disproves your theory btw.

Edit:This blows a pretty big hole in your theory. twitter.com...

Do you have audio of this "source", if not please let everyone know your belief, that no audio, no proof...

You have no integrity, no morals or character......

Oh wait, sounds like a perfect defender of Trump...

DISCUSTING!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

I fail to see what your comments have to do with this thread.

You pretty much made the same post in another thread I was in not 5 mins ago.

Are you stalking him?

Please stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

I fail to see what your comments have to do with this thread.

You pretty much made the same post in another thread I was in not 5 mins ago.

Are you stalking him?

Please stay on topic.

I cannot help that you don't understand.

And I do not believe I addressed you.

If enemy wants to deny or dispute my claim let him do so.

So please return to the corral, until called upon.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Having watched for years, this government act and in particular this entire investigation from the start, here is what can be stated:

There are 2 things that can be stated to reflect the current congress as it stands: The first is: How the mighty have fallen. The second quote comes from Mark Twain: It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.

This congress, once the envy of the world, at one time worked for the country, working and governing wisely. It did not matter if a person was Republican or Democrat, the bottom line and goal was the country. And to that end there was never this much infighting to the point where both parties have a division that grows year after year.

Now in the past, yes they would protect the President, if he was of their political party, however, there was a fine line and point where if the President crossed, then it was no longer a choice between the party and what was good for the country, the country was the hands down choice. And this continued on up to about the time of Nixon, when it was apparent that the President was abusing his power to the point where both sides, came together and did the right thing. It was not politically convenient, but it was the right thing for the country.

But now it seems as though the division in congress grows, where one side or the other decides to buck tradition, and force issues that should never have been, exploiting stuff, and then when they are in the minority, cry foul when those same exploited rules are used against them, failing to see or realize that opening a door, also means the other side can and will do such.

So now we have an election that is suspected of being tampered with by a foreign government, and possibly both campaigns were tainted by this. And this august body, the congress, instead of working together to find out the truth are starting to act far worse than young children, doing tit for tat.

This does not bode well that the Republicans and the Democrats are fighting and splitting committees up. And what is even worse is that there is, not just the appearance of trying to either derail the investigation, but actually aiding the president in what should be an illegal act. The congress is 1/3 of the government, and should not be going to the president with any findings until after all investigations are done.

So while yes Feinstein, did release those transcripts, however Grassley has decided to act on his own, setting up a far more dangerous precedent by doing such, which the Democrats, if they get the majority in Congress, will exploit and ultimately use, and then the Republicans will cry foul. And currently that is what is going on, and it is both shameful but also disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I cannot help that you don't understand. And I do not believe I addressed you. If enemy wants to deny or dispute my claim let him do so. So please return to the corral, until called upon.

The problem is that this is my op.

This is not a place to settle your petty dispute.

Grow up!

Tell your mom she needs to get you some new toys. She needs to get you away from the internet for awhile.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 13-1-2018 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

What is treasonous about it.

Definition of treason

1: the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

Treason seems rather a bit overboard don't you think? Lol

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No she had as much right to the material as anyone on the committee. She had the written permission of the subject of the testimony. You guys want to make this out as some kind of illegal act when it wasn't. It wasn't leaking, it wasn't treason. What it was... is, is damaging to trumps case and that is really what this is all about.
edit on 1132018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yeah the lady who was back on the Senate floor a day after have a pacemaker put in. Which doesn't make her healthy but sure makes her tough.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The GOP wanted to keep it under wraps for now but even they are okay with it being released now. It's not secret and nothing in it is classified.
edit on 1132018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

She was not forced. Stop it. You're making things up.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

But we're not partisan at all....do you guys ever read this banter. It's a bunch of back slapping nonsense. Anyone who's a democrat is automatically an enemy and defective in some way.
I have overwhelming respect for our government. On both sides of the aisle. But you guys know no filters. It's laughable and pathetic at the same time. And childish I should add.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join