It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milk is going to get expensive! Farm Worker arrested by ICE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Odd, when the econ hit the skids in 2009 illegal immigration went down.

Now that the econ is picking up again, we are hearing that illegals are crossing the porous boarder again.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: amazing
Let's get the heart of the matter. Milk is so bad for you. It's about as unhealthy as it gets. Do some research.

This really isn't a big deal. We'd be so much healthier as a nation if we'd just start eating healther food not laden with antibiotics and steroids and who know's what else.

Milk is not bad for you? I don’t know what you’re talking about. Sorry that you been brainwashed.

Milk is not bad

Farms here in California rarely have “illegals” as they aren’t exactly a high labor commodity. Just hook up cows to machines instead of picking strawberries from sun up till sundown. You don’t need a large labor force that would benefit from using cheap labor.

There's like a million studies.

Here's one

“Consumption of dairy products, particularly at age 20 years, was associated with an increased risk of hip fracture in old age. (“Case-Control Study of Risk Factors for Hip Fractures in the Elderly”. American Journal of Epidemiology. Vol. 139, No. 5, 1994).1

But if you google milk and it's negative health effects ... you'll see studies showing links to prostate cancer, and increased risk to cardiovascular disease and much, much more. It's all out there.
edit on 12-1-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Went down is a long ways away from stopping isn’t it? As long as the US is here there WILL be illegal immigration. They will find a way.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

$10 Milk Huh?

It's like $1.12 a Gallon at the big chains by me.

Keep hoping though.
edit on 12-1-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Let's get the heart of the matter. Milk is so bad for you. It's about as unhealthy as it gets. Do some research.

This really isn't a big deal. We'd be so much healthier as a nation if we'd just start eating healther food not laden with antibiotics and steroids and who know's what else.

Milk is not bad for you? I don’t know what you’re talking about. Sorry that you been brainwashed.

Milk is not bad

Farms here in California rarely have “illegals” as they aren’t exactly a high labor commodity. Just hook up cows to machines instead of picking strawberries from sun up till sundown. You don’t need a large labor force that would benefit from using cheap labor.

Here's one

“Consumption of dairy products, particularly at age 20 years, was associated with an increased risk of hip fracture in old age. (“Case-Control Study of Risk Factors for Hip Fractures in the Elderly”. American Journal of Epidemiology. Vol. 139, No. 5, 1994).1

But if you google milk and it's negative health effects ... you'll see studies showing links to prostate cancer, and increased risk to cardiovascular disease and much, much more. It's all out there.

Been drinking milk every day my entire life and have never had a broken bone, never have gotten sick in the past 15 years, milk helped me when I was sick and shrank to 110 pounds. I’m now 6’2” and 210 healthy pounds.

Yea milk is bad alright. Oh you know those precious hormones you talk about? Here in California they don’t use them. Any steroids/hormones that do get added into milk are broken down while being pasteurized. Didn’t know that did you?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yes, is there a place anywhere in the thread that someone has suggested that illegal immigration is being stopped 100%?

Of course people will break the law and jump the boarder and businesses will break the law and "hire" them. Are you suggesting we just say anything goes?

Too many workers (illegal immigrants included) drive wages down, lack of workers (is supposed) will drive wages up.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I can assure you the major cause of hip fractures in old age is falling. Plain and simple. The bones have deteriorated over the years . Milk or not...
Show me some more. That one quickly went down in flames...

Hiring illegals is just that in the US. Illegal. You break into a store , you go to jail.
Period

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Milk...we are the only species on earth that still drinks the stuff after we've been weened.

People need to start learning how to grow their own food. I remember when I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's, practically every backyard had some type of fruits trees and my elders had gardens. This is in the Bay Area, northern Ca.

All these new houses popping up everywhere, expensive as snip, have horrible backyard space and no fruit trees!! I get it ...maximize living space, but your front and backyards are an important part of your living space as well.

We are waaaaaaayyyy too dependent on grocery stores, hence the reason we pay through the nose for 'food'.
$7.00 gallon of Orange juice??? Yeah, I saw that just yesterday! And the produce sucks anyway... watery, flavorless, and GMO'd to the gills!

My brother and I are working on urban farming leasing lots for fruit and vegetable grows. No need to complain when you take responsibility for your own nutrition.

edit on E31America/ChicagoFri, 12 Jan 2018 22:38:09 -06001pmFridayth10pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

And drive-and play video games- and paint walls......

Milk...we are the only species on earth that still drinks the stuff after we've been weened.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Agriculture is America's subsidized industry of choice. Plus migrants don't have a massive cost reduction effect on milk production, it is mostly mechanized.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Dr Day 1969: Lecture‘Everything Is In Place And Nobody Can Stop Us Now’

Notes by Dr Lawrence Dunegan, of a speech given on March 20, 1969 by Dr Richard Day (1905-89), an insider of the "Order,"

www.overlordsofchaos.com...

There is over 100 things Dr Day said would happen. This is what Dr Day said regarding Food Control

Food supplies would come under tight control. If population growth didn't slow down, food shortages could be created in a hurry and people would realize the dangers of overpopulation. Ultimately, whether the population slows down or not the food supply is to be brought under centralized control so that people would have enough to be well-nourished but they would not have enough to support any fugitive from the new system. In other words, if you had a friend or relative who didn't sign on [tape ends abruptly and continues on side two] … And growing ones own food would be outlawed.

This would be done under some sort of pretext. In the beginning, I mentioned there were two purposes for everything -one the ostensible purpose and one the real purpose- and the ostensible purpose here would be that growing your own vegetables was unsafe, it would spread disease or something like that. So the acceptable idea was to protect the consumer but the real idea was to limit the food supply and growing your own food would be illegal.

And if you persist in illegal activities like growing your own food, then you're a criminal.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Most of the dairy's here are in good working conditions,good pay,the workers there are mostly family run,nothing new here

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A couple illegal immigrants were arrested so milk prices will skyrocket?

Yyyyeah alright.
*facepalm*

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Milk is not bad

Here's one

Been drinking milk every day my entire life and have never had a broken bone, never have gotten sick in the past 15 years, milk helped me when I was sick and shrank to 110 pounds. I’m now 6’2” and 210 healthy pounds.

Yea milk is bad alright. Oh you know those precious hormones you talk about? Here in California they don’t use them. Any steroids/hormones that do get added into milk are broken down while being pasteurized. Didn’t know that did you?

I'm telling you. I'm not making this stuff up. I'm really horrible at finding the actual studies/documents but I've been researching this for years. There are studies on links to cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, all kinds of cancer and other illnesses related to dairy products and milk.

In your case, we all know people that have smoked and drank their whole lives and are healthier than us, however it's better for us not to do things that are unhealthy for us. Dairy, eggs, cheese, milk, processed meat, red meat, alchoholic beverages, snack foods, high fractose corn syrup, smoking. We know those things are unheatlhy for us and that we're better off without them.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: EternalShadow

And drive-and play video games- and paint walls......

How can you exactly be weened off of driving, playing video games, and painting on walls?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
When milk is $10 what will people say?

As long as I get my milk for 4 bucks a gallon I'm OK with human trafficking and the abuse of a vulnerable group of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join