It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI an oppourtunity for us all to come and raise a child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Meltdown and Spectre demonstrated why we need to seriously consider moving away from Binary computation and bravely take the step of moving to new more secure Biological/Organic computational models.Computers that have the ability of independent thought.Let's face, the current thought on AI, over taking everything is flawed We can't go any further in the binary movement of electrons. It's zeros and ones that will end in a perpetual loop of ones and zeros. Question/Answer/Answer/Question. No room for thought or Idea's. The biological engineer William Ditto may have been onto something when he constructed a simple neurocomputer capable of basic addition from leech neurons in 1999. But this is a brave new world, if we can or are working on AI that can independently think is it time that we start the global discussion of Empathy and AI.
A global opportunity where we can work together to teach a new form of Life that is of our creation a shared set of universal values and beliefs?
We can't raise it with a God a Devil or Religion, this needs to be raised as a child of what we as a race universally represent a universal set of values and beliefs that we all share
The Beloved - great song
www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-1-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Really? We can't even keep the roadways clean of debris...

Wait....

Will this make Us eligible for some tax write-offs?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"No I cant shoot people. Chappie no crimes!"

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We already have. It's called a tamagotchi. They have needs, they cry for food and attention, they're everything we could ask for. All we need to do is add in some parameters like wanting to be loved or useful to their creators, or to kill all humans, and that would be basically on par with a 6-year-old human child.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Really? We can't even keep the roadways clean of debris...

Have the AI robots do it. They can work all day in the hot sun and never get tired. Don't know what you'd pay them, though. Minimum wage, I guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You need to read up on Machine Learning before speaking in absolutes like all that.

Good night.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You need to read up on Machine Learning before speaking in absolutes like all that.

Good night.

Machine Learning in Organic Computing, could you please provide A Brief Clarification of Terms and Concepts. It may help in my understanding of your absolutes.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Machine Learning doesnt require wetware. Its software based on wetware that can run in silicon etc.

Not that wetware like youre getting at hasnt been a fascination of mine... since 2005:

But its still but an hardware potential where modern Machine learning has already in existence "Infantile" AGI agents already in play and developing into.......
edit on 12-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I have a better idea. Why don't we create an organic child with a brain and soul. It is very pleasurable to create such a thing and even more pleasure to see it come alive.

Why settle for something inferior.

I suppose scientists have realised that they will never understand the human brain and its limitless capacity (eg savants). Therefore they aim to create their own pseudo-human/machine that they can explain all functions.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
I have a better idea. Why don't we create an organic child with a brain and soul. It is very pleasurable to create such a thing and even more pleasure to see it come alive.
Why settle for something inferior.

They'll always let you down in some way, usually by not being better than their creators. And locking you away in a retirement home.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

They'll always let you down in some way, usually by not being better than their creators. And locking you away in a retirement home.

Thanks for the reality check

top topics

join