It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's poor hygiene sparks complaints at Ecuador Embassy, report says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

The guy is in there all alone its perfectly reasonable that he might neglect hygiene somewhat.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sounds like they are looking for a reason to expel him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

They could just take him out in the yard and hose him down themselves.

Cooties and mooncrickets eventually will give you the grippe. Then you can infect everyone around you....
edit on 12-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Must've left the seat up...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The fact is he is really depressed, he hasn't seen his loved ones for years. These people in the UK Government want him to stay there, because they are frightened of what he may know about them. Not that it would do much good, as all places of high matter, are run by the "in" club and all the private school chums.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This story has come up multiple times over the years. It usually comes up whenever it's topical to discredit him. There's probably some truth to his hygiene issues, but I'm not sure how much it matters as far as his work goes. Though, on the topic of work he seems to be a Russian agent now so while he's still reporting the truth, he's definitely interested in pushing a specific agenda rather than exposing lies.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

They have plenty of reasons to expel him, the least of which is that they're under no obligation to continue to house him. They do so as a statement of government fearing the people rather than the other way around but that doesn't mean they're obligated to put up with him just out of principal.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Op you're riught a smear. Apparently then the location had showers for proper hygiene that he declined to forgo?

W/e the case it's been confirmed he is living in the capital of Ecuador since December.

"Ecuador confirms that Julian Assange has become a citizen of the country and a DIPLOMAT as it requests a 'dignified and just' solution with Britain" - Source Yup DM but there's a link to the non English source.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What I notice is that many people - from “good” families, that is, good income, educated.. don’t wash. They put cologne on and think nobody notices.

I notice this especially on - Europeans (French, German, etc.) and Brits.

I blame this on the fact that in cities, there was time when you had to carry the bath water up to your apartment thus making it an ordeal to bathe. And wala - the birth of the French shower.

edit on 13-1-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
Framing Assange as disgusting is an attempt at character assassination. Its aim is to have people lose interest in what he is in the process of exposing.

Or perhaps he actually missed a few showers and he smells like the backside of a dog.

Why would people need to discredit Assange in this manner when he discredited himself just last week?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

"Honestly, this seems like an absolutely useless and tasteless thing to report, but here it is."

Don't know about that, i have a brother in law, guy is in his mid-twenties now, that stinks of BO. Still needs to be told to go for a shower and his bedroom at his mother house(LoL) is a complete nightmare which he refuses to even attempt to clean or tidy.

The only way to address people like that is to name and shame them in public, so if Assange's is of the same caliber, is it any wonder really?

Not that i dont think this is exactly as you claim and people simply looking for ways to make him look bad, but if he is a manky bastard i would not want him in my home or place of employment.

It's not hard to go for a shower and/or clean/pick up after yourself, basic human courtesy really.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

If you want to speak convincingly on French issues, using the term "wala" sorta kills your credibility.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ecuadorians arent accustomed to being in close quarters with cheese eaters.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join