It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Racist" Trump signs H.R. 267 creating MLK National Historical Park....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What does everyone think Trump would say to MLK if he was alive today and said something critical of Trump?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What does everyone think Trump would say to MLK if he was alive today and said something critical of Trump?

Nothing he wouldn't say to a white person who said something critical of him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Stop projecting your racism on others.

It's easy to see through you.

ohhhh so please how am I racist.

I recall a member recently surmised that some members might be suffering form a case of othersideofthecoin derangement syndrome.....

I think I know what he meant now because despite me saying that I think its good trump has done this quite a few of you are still losing your minds and posting baseless crap in my direction for on other reason that its me you are responding to.

I think Trump is a racist bigot, you know my views on him this should not surprise you, if you would actually read my opening post you will see that I do actually saying its good that he's done this. I just also point out that he has in the past exhibited behaviour that is bigoted.

but by all means you lot just carry on, insulting me pointlessly because its the only way you can actually articulate yourself and slap each other on the back with some stars.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"You're fired!"

Probably?

Anyway, I know he must be a racist cos the teeveeee told Me.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They would be best buddies because MLK said some very controversial things of his own but he didn't get called out for it. The usual double standard.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: EartOccupant

The fact you actually thing he is a racist/bigot makes me wonder, you actually think that? Or do you oppose his political , social positions?

Both.

So I think he is racist bigot and I also think that his politics is backward.

I'm gonna guess that the latter came first for you, which answers why you would think the former. You sure you arent an American Progressive?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I was thinking about MLK's social activism. Not surprised a Trumper would automatically assume it's about race though..

Good job.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I was thinking about MLK's social activism. Not surprised a Trumper would automatically assume it's about race though..

Good job.

I'm not a Trumper.

But I'm not surprised an anti-Trumper would assume anyone that didn't circle jerk with them is a 'Trumper.'

ETA: Also, next time make your question clear so I don't have to assume it should be taken at face value.

I shouldn't be expected to know what you were "thinking!"
edit on 1/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

what makes you think he'd say something negative about Trump and not about today's leaders of the black community?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You never disappoint mate, he does something right your first thought is to insult the guy, and everyone that voted for him or supports him.

How very open minded of you.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I think Trump is a racist bigot, you know my views on him this should not surprise you, if you would actually read my opening post you will see that I do actually saying its good that he's done this. I just also point out that he has in the past exhibited behaviour that is bigoted.

but by all means you lot just carry on, insulting me pointlessly because its the only way you can actually articulate yourself and slap each other on the back with some stars.

I hear you and can relate. I have judged what's in other people's hearts sometimes, too -- although I don't like when people do it to me.

Admittedly, sometimes I think people who accuse others of racism -- like you did with Trump in this thread -- are simply exploiting the plight of black people to score cheap political points.

But my opinion doesn't really reflect the truth of what is in another person's heart. Neither does yours.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Stop projecting your racism on others.

It's easy to see through you.

"He did this good thing, but he's a racist bigot" makes no sense.

Why did he do it? There was very little fanfare over this, so it couldn't have been for the bright lights and adulation.

And what of Ms. King's opinion of him? If his racist bigotry is so evident, why would she be there to witness the signing instead of taking to CNN and demanding that he never have anything to do with her uncle for his racist bigotry?

edit on 12-1-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This thread proves political religion can make people fight over even good things being done.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I haven't decided if Trump is racist because if he is he tries to fight it. Here's what I mean even before being president he was praised by Jessie Jackson and the NAACP for his assistance to the black community. Things like this do make me question if he is hard thing is he could also just be a new yorker. They are very straight forward and very insensitive to anyone but themselves

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: RomeByFire

lock her up - it takes time
build the wall - prototypes done
no more regime change - hasn't happened
defeat IS in 30 days - took a bit longer but...
repeal and replace - No more Mandate and McCain is a traitor...

How about sticking to the OP. Go ahead and tell me how him signing this bill is bad.

Oh, so I should stick to the OP?

Why single me out, considering the number of comments who haven't been?

Trump is a bigot. Pot meet kettle.

Wow! Really sticking to the OP, there! Funny, you guys only care about comments that don't fit your narrative.

Again - she's not locked up, the wall is imaginary, the ACA is still alive, Russia defeated IS, we still arm/fund SA, people are beating the war drums on NK and Iran - but make all the excuses you want.

You got conned.

.I got conned by Obama Trump is still up for debate

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

First, I did not single you out. I responded to your post. Second, please do not attribute quotes to me I did not do. (pot/kettle)

Now, do you have anything else for the OP?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You mean you have never heard of it? It was signed on AF1 no less. No big picture op. Just doing what a good POTUS should.

There's a picture. That's a photo op. You have the picture so it was published. Past presidents signed into law legislation that designated the MLK holiday and a number of MLK parks/memorials. And what he was he supposed to do, not sign it? Veto it?

I am not aware of any racists in recent memory who would have done or created either of the things above.

LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law.

Don't remember a group like this in the Obama Administration to promote 'equality.

I don't know what you think the National Diversity Coalition for Trump is but the group is for voter outreach and it was created by his lawyer (Michael Cohen) and Rev. Scott before he'd even gotten the Republican nomination for President.

National Diversity Coalition for Trump

The National Diversity Coalition for Trump was formed in April 2016 to provide support specifically from minority groups for candidate Donald Trump for President of the United States.[1] The idea for the group arose after a contentious meeting that Trump had with African-American pastors at Trump Tower in November 2015.[2] The Trump's campaign spokesperson Michael D. Cohen co-founded the Coalition with Darrell C. Scott. Bruce LeVell, also a co-founder, was reportedly a contender for Trump's appointment to head the Small Business Administration.[3]

The Coalition is a volunteer organization whose leaders are from minority communities of religious, business and politics. Bruce LeVell serves as Executive Director. Other membership groups are: “Hispanic Patriots for Trump,” “Sikh Americans for Trump,” and “Minorities for Trump.”[4]

Obama didn't need to try to convince minority voters that he wasn't a bigot so why would his campaign have formed a group like that?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Also, while you're fawning over Trump and trying to give undue credit to both he and his minority outreach campaign group for this legislation, you completely ignore the reality of where the legislation came from:

H.R.267 - Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park Act of 2017

Sponsor: Rep. Lewis, John [D-GA-5] (Introduced 01/04/2017)

The bill had 28 Democratic co-sponsors and 2 Republican co-sponsors (both from GA).

Thanks John Lewis! And I guess thanks Trump for... not vetoing it? What a non-racist! And uh.. thanks Rev. Scott for showing up for a photo.

edit on 2018-1-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I like realism!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ante, you off the meds again? Trump signed it. He could have vetoed it. A racist would. No one is fawning over Trump.

I mean, do non of you know what 'comparison' is. It is how you baseline judgement. The media today...ALL of them, are calling Trump a racist POS today for a non-story about something he did not actually say it seems.

Why doesn't Don Lemon go on CNN and say, hey, my bad, looks like this is guy is not a racist bigot because NO racist bigot in the world would have signed it.

Hell, Obama waited till he had one week in office to declare MLK day a national holiday. I am sure it was supposed to be HRC as a white woman touting an accomplishment but instead he made sure to get it in there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join