It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long has the moon been in orbit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've been trying for years last 50 or so to get a square answer regarding the moon,pretty sure it is a man made sattelite,and I'm thinking it hasn't been in place as long as they say it has, was it put in place by whomever rules the planet?the more I delve into it,the more it seems we are less in control of ourselves then we think,the real truth will never be known as long as the ones in control ,tell us history but the facts lead to everything we know about the planet is false,even the way it looks,we have telescopes can see rocks on Mars,but can't see jack **** on the moon,I'm thinking they are the rulers,and we have been told one wild story IMO

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
ive read stories of ancient peoples that remember a moonless sky. i think it was prob brought here as an artificial moon.
it seems to have greatly stabilized this planet.it is most assuredly hollow,and many have speculated on the very shallow
craters that pock the surface. maybe a metallic shell?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I can remember it being there in 1956 for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
And then there's the account in Genesis

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Moon is one of the saivams gods. Saivam is the oldest of collection of religions that now called Hinduism. So i would say atleast 5000 years.

There is ancient prayer indicating 30 stages (size) of the moons. And the sea activities relating to that..
edit on 12-1-2018 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Well, thats just not entirely accurate.

I have looked at the moon through my small telescope, and seen surface details in amazing clarity, albeit with the warping effect of the atmosphere making the resultant image seem to shift, as if I were looking at it through a mirage, but that is to be expected.

If one had a powerful enough telescope, one absolutely could make out surface features. Of course, its worth noting that if you believe Mars images come from Earth based telescopes in the main, I have a bridge and a trickle down system of economics to sell you.

The moon has been in orbit of the Earth since relatively early after the material which became most of the Earth, first coalesced. The reason you will find no definitive dating for the establishment of the moon in orbit around our planet, is that the surface of Earth was still mostly molten at the time, so record of the violent event which most likely bought it about, is not going to be found in strata of rock, like the evidence for ancient cometary impacts, because there was no solid surface to impact at the time.

Basically, while the Earth was still a cooling mass of molten rock, a planetary sized object collided with the Earth at a certain angle, which had the following effects:

It imparted spin to the Earth

It injected iron into the planet, which many scientists to be the origin of at least some of the iron in the core of our world

It threw off material from the impacting bodies demise, which stretched into a ring around the Earth

The most massive (and I mean that in terms of the ability of a particular chunk of stuff to carry actual mass) pieces of debris attracted other pieces of debris toward themselves via gravitation, which eventually all coalesced into a cohesive whole, by way of a series of impacts, until the whole mass was one compacted ball of rapidly cooling rock, which became known as our moon.

But understand this... our moon has been in orbit of this planet, since well before this planet had a cooled, solid crust, since before there was any life of even the most simple form, to witness a night sky without it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And then there's the account in Genesis

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

Lol you lot and your new age religions.. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I just did the math on this. And the answer is 42.... 42 years. There ya go

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
i guess it depends on what you read, ideas are changing rather quickly on this subject.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There are some exceedingly odd things about the moon, as one scientist put it,"There are more things wrong about the moon than there are right."

The scientists don't know how it got in orbit. It's orbit is a near perfect circle, which is bat-siip insane for our solar-system. At the solstices, the sun sets in the exact spot the moon rises. It is perfectly positioned so as to give us total eclipses, 100 miles in either direction and we wouldn't have them.

There's indications that the moon rocks are a billion years older than the earth, and that the dust is a billion older than that. The dust is made out of particles that are different than the rocks.

If one wants to go around accepted science (and I don't find that to be wrong in many ways), it is more likely a hollowed out natural body "set" here from somewhere else.

Carl Sagan noted it would be far easier to holo-out gigantic spaceships than build them from the ground. It's not so wildly crazy to me.

There must be rules about what scope is pointed when/where by someone, bc I am positive there are Americans on the moon at this very moment. Our secret space program has moved beyond deniability. There are plenty of pictures of right angles and geometry that one can find so long as prepared to look and not scoff. There are too many just "weird" things about the Apollo missions to name, not the least of which is Buzz Aldrin flat stating that they were followed.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Do you have anything, any sources at all to support or substantiate your supposition that the moon is a 'manmade satellite'? I'd be curious to see what brought you to this belief? Or, if you can't give sources to clarify what you propose, please give reasons why you believe this is true.

ty.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
But if the Earth is flat, so the moon ought to be also, just like a house of cards. I suspect this OP to vanish soon as if by magic. So I won't invest too much into it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I just spent quite awhile looking for an incredible video that explains the mathematics and synchronicities between the Sun and the Moon, their actual sizes, their distance from earth, alignments, etc. and it absolutely blows your mind when you see this math.

It really makes you question why nobody seems to ask these questions, and the huge question of "how in the heck is that possible?" or "how in the heck is that natural?"

I had a great book back in the day called "Who Built the Moon", you might want to look into it!

Thanks for posting this...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I cant star this enough. Case closed. As I was reading the prior posts I was trying to think of a way to put into terms the science behind its creation as you so eloquently did, you beat me to it!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
there are two sources for the Age of the Moon

Genesis & Science

Genesis, DAY 4 of Creation Week, Creation of Sun, Moon, and Stars were created

Science says the Moon itself is composed of material which is 4.3+ Billion Years Old

(the Moon 'ringing like a Bell' is not because it is a hollow artificial Satellite... being the excuse most often repeated)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

I read everything that passes my gaze.

I accept only that which makes sense given the physical laws which govern the processes of the universe. Tell me, which monograph or tome have my eyes failed to rest on yet?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
SO the Earth is how old ? And the moon if recent is how old. Before the moon there would of been no tides, or tidal forces. The Earth's waters would of been static. Would there have been n Aurora ? or ozone, or Moonpies.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Plotus because: O

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
SO the Earth is how old ? And the moon if recent is how old. Before the moon there would of been no tides, or tidal forces. The Earth's waters would of been static. Would there have been n Aurora ? or ozone, or Moonpies.

Careful! That's what happens when you think things through! And yes, the moon is made of exactly the same substances and elements that the Earth is.... (almost like it came from here. Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The magic of Google:
How Old Is the Moon? Scientists Say They Finally Know

A new analysis of lunar rocks brought to Earth by Apollo astronauts suggests that the moon formed 4.51 billion years ago — just 60 million years after the solar system itself took shape.

Edit: That article even came out yesterday a year ago (got the year messed up, my bad).

edit on 12-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

The Earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, the moon not much younger than that. There was never a point where the Earth had either oceans or atmosphere, but no Moon. Both those things came WAAAAAY after the Moon and Earth were already an established pair of objects together in motion.
edit on 12-1-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join