It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular on-board footage of India's PSLV 40C rocket releasing 31 satellites in orbit today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The Indian Space Research Organization launched the 320-tonne rocket PSLV C-40 today with 31 satellites, three Indian and 28 of six other nations from its spaceport in a text book launch from Sriharikota in Kerala, India. Cartosat 2, a surveillance satellite that was part of India's 100th satellite was placed into sun synchronous orbit according to ISRO. The satellites were placed in two orbits which makes the mission a unique one according to scientists. The entire lift-off along with the process of placing the satellites in different orbits took 2 hours and 21 minutes.

Last year ISRO broke all records by launching 104 satellites in one go from the PSLV C-37. Of the 101 co-passenger satellites, 96 belong to USA, five from Israel, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Switzerland and United Arab Emirates.

Here is spectacular footage from on board cameras of these satellites being ejected into space. The first one was today - 31 satellites. The second vid shows 104 satellites being ejected one after another last year.....

ISRO's US Customers from Planet Inc and Spre Global Inc cheering India's record breaking 104 satellites launch from PSLV C-37.....

edit on 12-1-2018 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"Customer" satellites. What 'Customer' , what is their 'Mission' ?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That's amazing! But I ain't too surprised at these feats as India was the first ever country to have sent a mission to Mars which was successful in its very first attempt!

Great going ISRO!

link   
Satellites must be being 'ejected', not just 'released', otherwise they'd be traveling at the same rate as the ship (unless it was accelerating).

link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Neat videos, a great achievement.
Now if India would only build water and sewage systems so their citizens might live a decent existence.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Micro-satellites.

Pretty novel technology with lots of possibilities. One company is talking about providing free internet to the entire World with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Satellites must be being 'ejected', not just 'released', otherwise they'd be traveling at the same rate as the ship (unless it was accelerating).

Your correct! That should have been 'ejected' not 'released'! I'll correct that! My bad!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The details are in the third video.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What great footage! That 100+ release was really cool.

Thanks OP!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Neat videos, a great achievement.
Now if India would only build water and sewage systems so their citizens might live a decent existence.

Lol. We dont have human rights. We dont want it either. We are looking to reduce population. Would you like to take few millions and give them decent bogs to shat on? I heard you lot need high iq workers.

edit on 12-1-2018 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

I literally have no idea what you just said.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Pandaram

I literally have no idea what you just said.

Its ok.. go reply to someone els..

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looks like the scene from Star Wars where the Millenium Falcon and the Slave 1 get put out with the trash.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wonderful work! As the world continues to develop their communications infrastructure into the 21st century, it is a logical conclusion that many more satellites will continued to be launched into orbit to fill gaps of coverage all over the world to serve more isolated and under-served markets.

Than you for bringing us this insight!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColonelSF
That's amazing! But I ain't too surprised at these feats as India was the first ever country to have sent a mission to Mars which was successful in its very first attempt!

Great going ISRO!

This is because never a straight answer gave all the secrets needed to India (or maybe they hacked them
. They were uncoverd form decades of Mars orbit insertions. Still a great job, as they say Mars is hard.

Nice OP, love the vids.
edit on 12-1-2018 by LookingAtMars because: more

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wonder if satellites like these will be visible with the naked eye at night...

edit on 12-1-2018 by marceldp1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Anyone know if any of these were the DIY type Picosatellites?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't know but , when I see a NASA separation they gently release the payload?

Are these satellites suppose to fall back to Earth or am I just imagining to see those falling down like gravity is pulling?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Oh, like net non neutrality, business Intenet? Military communications? Killer Satellites, Jam bots, eavesdrop, what else?

Edit: I just realized the windfall, that everywhere on Earths surface will be under direct observation now, continuously.

IOW, no more secret moving of ships, armies and assets at night or inclement weather.

There will always be a satellite overhead , from now on.
edit on 12-1-2018 by intrptr because: spellig

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

originally posted by: intrptr

The details are in the third video.

"Image the entire earth, every single day." (read that spy satellites, always overhead, everywhere)

"Endless applications..."

Except google maps will still be censored and months old data.

The only people that need to see "the whole earth every day" are militaristic control freaks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join