It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Unveils Hypersonic "Son-of-Blackbird" Demonstrator Design

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Could you use something else to speed the air up other than the speed of the aircraft?

Plasma
?
I wanna dream of helium filled airframe parts for a while till they come true..

They're over reaching and trying to add magnetics to the system.

Yeah the WOO with that was verging on the Red Mercury propulsion system..
edit on 14-1-2018 by Blackfinger because: grammer

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

In this case i don´t think they have cracked antigravity

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

yeah superconducting rings for power generation and floating compressor fans that ran independent from a drive shaft so they each can go at their own optimal speeds regardless of each other.

any talk about trying to do the "other stuff" with it (the turbine) or are they not looking into it for now or not along the lines of their thinking and havent pondered it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

those other things aren't using antigravity. they're doing something else.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They haven't released many real details that I've seen, but I haven't really followed them for over a year now.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

i say they should set their goals one step at a time. drop the rings and compressor idea and just push for mach 1.4 and get silent boom out into the market. see how that goes first before trying to build some hot rod. plus it will teach them some healthy respect for the big boys who may have already cracked that nut. 'see not that easy is it hypermach' they can tell em.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

What is known in the open is to use the ionized mix from the combustor down the turbine to implement an MHD exhaust to add energy to the flow. They are also looking at adding a rocket cycle for suborbital access, but i think that would be for another application.
Regarding antigravity i was using a popular word not meaning that in fact was that.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Hey it's ATS here!

Just tell me this, would you think that for example an invention like a power plant that would be able to give every person on earth unlimited supply of energy in pocket size could be a reason to not release that tech due to implications on military or economic stability ?

Any technology able to do what you say would intrinsically be an extraordinarily dangerous weapon of mass destruction. A 20 megaton iPhone is not my idea of a good consumer product.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

Could you use something else to speed the air up other than the speed of the aircraft?

Plasma
?

aerogel is lighter than helium,combine that inside graphene parts and it really light weight.
its not ANTI GRAVITY either. it sheilding againt the weak force on the crafts atoms ad molecules. it dont cancel out gravity itself...just hides from it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Blackfinger

Plasma
?

aerogel is lighter than helium,combine that inside graphene parts and it really light weight.
its not ANTI GRAVITY either. it sheilding againt the weak force on the crafts atoms ad molecules. it dont cancel out gravity itself...just hides from it.

Which Aerogel is lighter than air?

Its supposed to be a good insulator I understand but are NASA using it to collect dust? If it sucks up dust, how long until it gets heavier trapping flies, pollen and other things?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick
Depends how low to the ground it flies?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

i be confused. the weak force is the force that's behind the process of neutrons decaying into protons. how's shielding against it going to hide the matter from gravity

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Zaph, isn't this the SR72 concept that has been flying around the web for years anyway?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

No. The only SR-71 replacement that's been previously discussed is Lockheed.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
After reading the AWST article I know why something looked familiar. The septum on the intake ramp is derived fromt he XB-70....

How much of this is vaporware? I could see the DIA etc sending a few mill here and there to generate disinformation.

Plus if they are super close on turbine based combined cycle engines, why advertise?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Ask Lockheed, they couldnt keep their mouth shut on the Blackswift follow on. Looks like Boeing merely playing catch up on the marketing front. If those projetcs are not connected anyway i doubt they get a foot in though.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

They've been super close on TBCCs for years. One of the last unmanned hypersonic programs used them, with mixed results.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

"" One of the last unmanned hypersonic programs used them, with mixed results. ""
Which one ?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This one?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

a reply to: darksidius

The X-43B got as far as supersonic windtunnel testing before the program was canned. It was using an RBCC configuration.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join