It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Historical Reason Why Calling Haiti A %-Hole Really Is Incredibly Racist.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

So Trump never said the statement "sh*t hole countries?" We've already have witnesses saying he said it. Trump never takes responsibility for what comes out of his mouth. Just like he denied the recording on the bus was fake!

I don't know what part of reality you're living in, but ignoring this president's blatant lies, outrageous rhetoric, and incompetency isn't giving the world much faith about the American people's common sense, moral conscience and having the ability to identify basic competency and professionalism in leadership.

It's abundantly clear that Trump is incompetent, has absolutely no credibility, and certainly has no leadership qualities, or negotiating skills which he touted as being a master, that's what's so laughable.

Sh*t for brains, it fits Trump to a T.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
This has absolutely nothing to do with race. I absolutely laugh my a$$ off every time I read dribble like this.

I honestly think that Haiti is a crap hole. I blame the local government. As you have stated, there are agriculture products that they sell, and it's up to the local/country government to create the conditions where companies and employers start hiring the residents and get them working and then paid. With that money, they can get a better life started.

So, Haiti, what do you plan to do to NOT BE A CRAP HOLE!!??? The Clinton Foundation has made plenty of money off of them, with very little to show for it. Throw more money at it!! Umm, yeah that will get siphoned off just like all the other money that has flowed into there.

The problem with liberals is that they love to call people names. It makes them feel superior. Reality check. It makes you look DUMB. Crap hole has no race to it, I don't care if they are smurfs, that place needs a reboot, and it needs to be the local government that makes the changes.

Fred..

The elites need there to be lawless places in the world where children can be plucked like grapes from the vine...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

So is it racist for me to call Haiti a #hole?
I'm British, maybe my ancestors bought sugar off the French and that would make me culpable and racist?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Justoneman

So Trump never said the statement "sh*t hole countries?" We've already have witnesses saying he said it. Trump never takes responsibility for what comes out of his mouth. Just like he denied the recording on the bus was fake!

I don't know what part of reality you're living in, but ignoring this president's blatant lies, outrageous rhetoric, and incompetency isn't giving the world much faith about the American people's common sense, moral conscience and having the ability to identify basic competency and professionalism in leadership.

If you are Speaking of LIES from DJT then why are you willing to believe lying Dick Durbin, he lied so many times in the past that he never will be credible again with me. I am not buying things from liars like DIck or Lindsay the RINO Graham . We know how the RINO's lie as good as Dick.

I have decided I can't even consider lying Dick has credibility anymore and that Trump is right. SO, you guys are losing more ground arguing for whatever BS d'jour' to destroy the hated DJT . The Prog's still are not getting it that we see through BS more than ever before.

here you will find a few of Lying Dick's lies

wizbangblog.com...

edit on 13-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You’re really missing the point. The Haitian people are fine...the country of Haiti is an unadulterated disaster. Sometimes the simplist explanation is just that. Doesn’t matter how they got there, the fact is that currently the “country” of Haiti is exactly how it was described.

You are also missing the point. Trump didn't make the comment because the country was bad.. but the people in it were good, as you suggest. He made it because he thinks the country -and- the people in it are no good, an all-encompassing term. This was an immigration meeting - not a meeting about the U.S. giving Haiti money for rebuilding their country.

The reality is that Trump feels that non-white foreigners are not worthy / don't deserve to be in the U.S. - that's the bottom line. White people from Norway? That's ok. Mexicans? Africans? Naw.. they can go back to their crappy countries, we don't want their "kind" here.

People keep projecting what they hope Trump meant with his words. Unfortunately he meant it exactly how he said it. He might not be a hard-line racist, but he "prefers whites" over any other race, it's pretty obvious. I also think his empathy for others and their plights is near non-existent. Not a great (lack of a) trait for a POTUS.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

You’re really missing the point. The Haitian people are fine...the country of Haiti is an unadulterated disaster. Sometimes the simplist explanation is just that. Doesn’t matter how they got there, the fact is that currently the “country” of Haiti is exactly how it was described.

You are also missing the point. Trump didn't make the comment because the country was bad.. but the people in it were good, as you suggest. He made it because he thinks the country -and- the people in it are no good, an all-encompassing term. This was an immigration meeting - not a meeting about the U.S. giving Haiti money for rebuilding their country.

The reality is that Trump feels that non-white foreigners are not worthy / don't deserve to be in the U.S. - that's the bottom line. White people from Norway? That's ok. Mexicans? Africans? Naw.. they can go back to their crappy countries, we don't want their "kind" here.

People keep projecting what they hope Trump meant with his words. Unfortunately he meant it exactly how he said it. He might not be a hard-line racist, but he "prefers whites" over any other race, it's pretty obvious. I also think his empathy for others and their plights is near non-existent. Not a great (lack of a) trait for a POTUS.

Methinks you missed it all

These people are not going to help us by coming here, period.

We MUST do something to help them. But bringing those people here with no skill like that will just take away from the poor already striving to improve their lives is insane.

Ask yourself do we need to bring low skilled people when we have so many without work in the poor communities today? Do we need to make it so our kids in the poor neighborhoods get passed over for some country that is corrupt to the core? Should the people from those countries fly over the poor and impoverished in America?
edit on 13-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's always fascinating to read posts like this.

For many people, hearing their own internal dialog is nearly impossible... Yet here we have someone fully lucid and capable of record their ENTIRE inner voice.

Figuring out why you choose to believe something is amazing...

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

The link was in the article. Right?

To the deadly climate of St. Domingo, and to the courage and obstinate resistance made by its black inhabitants are we indebted for the obstacles which delayed the colonization of Louisiana, till the auspicious moment, when a rupture between England and France gave a new turn to the projects of the latter, and destroyed at once all her schemes as to this favourite object of her ambition

founders.archives.gov...

You could state that the revolution in Haiti was merely a redundant sidenote and I'd still laugh about that. Yes, opinions vary.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
History is now whatever Dick Durbin says Trump said?
Play the recording otherwise let it go, it's non-news when it breaks down to "he said, she said".
Unbelievable how much crap was stirred up over a purported comment that Trump and others there deny.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I looked into the colonial history yesterday, as well the interactions between nations. I don't feel what Trump said is racist by itself. I'm not even sure there's proof he said it. BUT it did spur discussions. Some of us now know history better. Same thing happened during the Thanksgiving thing--they were blaming Columbus for slave-trading. It made me look into some of the history.

If that's ALL we gain, great! I also learned about the Kingdom of Hawaii and how the US annexed it.

I share some of the links I visited yesterday:
en.wikipedia.org - Haitian Revolution...
en.wikipedia.org - Monroe Doctrine...
en.wikipedia.org - Kingdom of Hawaii...
en.wikipedia.org - Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii...
en.wikipedia.org - 1887 Constitution of the Kingdom of Hawaii...
edit on 1/13/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Any Liberal can find any excuse to call Trump, or anyone who doesn't believe the same as them, a racist. It's kind of what Liberals are known for. Anything said in opposition to their point of view and you're either one of the following buzzwords...racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic, gay basher, woman oppressor or intolerant. Theses are all the Liberal buzzwords, that we have all heard for...well, ever since Liberals could talk really.
Have you looked at any video's or pictures of Africa? The parts of Africa where real people live, that is? It IS a #hole. It only takes observation, without prejudice or historical influence. The reality is, that despite how it got that way, Trump just said what was true. It IS a #hole, and the Liberals want to make America the same way. If something is the truth, no matter how bitter the pill to swallow...you can always count on a Liberal to cast it in some racist, intolerant light....despite the fact that they DON'T tolerate people who don't believe the same as them. So that's hypocrisy.
edit on 13-1-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

We MUST do something to help them. But bringing those people here with no skill like that will just take away from the poor already striving to improve their lives is insane.

So the answer is to simply block entire countries? That's laughable - a farce to exclude certain races from coming here. Are you saying that literally no one from Haiti can produce skills that would be useful to this country? I liked that tweet from a woman from Haiti after his outburst - she speaks multiple languages, has multiple degrees, very skilled, would be an asset. But.. not to Trump, because.. Haitian.

Instead of blocking countries, how about.. smarter vetting. Many countries have requirements for immigrants, that don't include blocking countries. You need certain skills, or have job skills for jobs we are in need of - there are plenty of ways to regulate the influx of immigrants that doesn't include blocking entire countries.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The link was in the article. Right?

To the deadly climate of St. Domingo, and to the courage and obstinate resistance made by its black inhabitants are we indebted for the obstacles which delayed the colonization of Louisiana, till the auspicious moment, when a rupture between England and France gave a new turn to the projects of the latter, and destroyed at once all her schemes as to this favourite object of her ambition

founders.archives.gov...

You could state that the revolution in Haiti was merely a redundant sidenote and I'd still laugh about that. Yes, opinions vary.

It was a side note. That doesn't mean it wasn't at all relevant. Just a side note. I mean in the large missive from Hamilton about the Purchase used to fabricate the narrative that the US owes everything to Haiti, it actually garnered one sentence. And even that sentence was butchered in presentation in an transparent attempt to remove the Anglo-French conflict from the sentence.

So it's not surprising to me that you'd laugh because you posted a misleading article completely misrepresenting history including a historical "quote" to give more "context" for the rest of us historically illiterate rubes visiting the history forum, right? Opinions vary, but so does their worth.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
1. There is not a shred of evidence that Trump ever said this.

2. Haiti IS a sh%thole. And there's a certain reason for that, related to corruption within our own Govt.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews

NEW: Sens. Tom Cotton and David Perdue issue joint statement on President Trump's reported "sh*thole" comment, saying "we do not recall the President saying these comments specifically." cbsn.ws...

* - REPORT: Dick Durbin Has A History Of Lying About Private White House Meetings

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So it's not surprising to me that you'd laugh because you posted a misleading article completely misrepresenting history including a historical "quote" to give more "context" for the rest of us historically illiterate rubes visiting the history forum, right?

What? The whole story was linked and the author used a shortened quote, only leaving out the reasons why Hamilton felt indepted (for the obstacles).
Make from that what you want, who on Ceres cares anyway?
edit on 13-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Sky Is Falling ! Racists Everywhere ! ...........................YAWN.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Liberals lost, and they lost biggly. And just as with everything else, they really suck a losing too. Now they grasp at every little tid bit to cry about, anything and everything will do. But it all boils down to being a sad, poor loser. Hence the term snowflake. So fitting. There are lots of #hole countries in this world. There's even #hole cities in this country. Detroit and Chicago come to mind. Is that racist? If so why?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You missed out the 1804 Haitian massacre where thousands of Europeans were killed in house-to-house executions

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"The first thing we have to talk about is the trans-atlantic slave trade. And the way the European and American empires built their wealth. How the wealth of the West was built on stealing other peoples stuff. This is simple historical fact. "

I don't see how Democrats or their supporters would ever want to bring up historical facts about slavery. Everytime they say someone's racist it is an attempt to pin their history of racism on others, it's like they forgot what the civil war was about and which side they were on.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join