It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Says Bonuses Pay-Raises Triggered by 2018 Tax Reform are Pathetic Crumbs.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

To a worker living paycheck to paycheck, or who is one small emergency away from overdrawing their account, $1,000 is a significant difference in their lives.

Shutting down Sams, putting thousands of people out of work, is also a significant difference in their lives.

$11 dollars an hour is still not a living wage and means that those workers will continue to rely on food stamps. Which means that Walmart getting the American Taxpayer to directly subsidize its payroll.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

To a worker living paycheck to paycheck, or who is one small emergency away from overdrawing their account, $1,000 is a significant difference in their lives.

Shutting down Sams, putting thousands of people out of work, is also a significant difference in their lives.

$11 dollars an hour is still not a living wage and means that those workers will continue to rely on food stamps. Which means that Walmart getting the American Taxpayer to directly subsidize its payroll.

Wow seriously? SAMS CLUBS have been shutting down everywhere for a decade now it was a failed business model. They use as much space as there super centers and don't make a quater of the profit.

Here's the funny part they are letting go of 11,000 people. Yet Walmart employs 2.1 million people meaning just from people quiting they can lose 11000 in a week.

So they raised wages for 2.1 million employee's and your concerned with 11000 they had to let go because the stores were losing money?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

Wow seriously? SAMS CLUBS have been shutting down everywhere for a decade now it was a failed business model. They use as much space as there super centers and don't make a quater of the profit.

Here's the funny part they are letting go of 11,000 people. Yet Walmart employs 2.1 million people meaning just from people quiting they can lose 11000 in a week.

So they raised wages for 2.1 million employee's and your concerned with 11000 they had to let go because the stores were losing money?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: carewemust

They are pathetic crumbs, regardless of what she is her statement is factually correct.

$1000 is pathetic? That could save someone's XMAS next year, or pay for school supplies. Her statement is FALSE. Unless you're rich, like her, then yes, $1000 is nothing.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
$1000 thrown to someone that has lived in poverty for 20 years, peanuts. you want to impress me? give them a living wage, insurance, pension, paid vacations. they make money hand over foot, they can afford it!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
she's right.

i notice you don't offer anything to contradict her, just some personal attacks.

What do you want from a country that's 20 Trillion in debt? That's the problem with you Liberal's. Liberals think everything is free and that the country should pay for it, because everyone is supposed to feel sorry for everyone else (including those not even FROM our country, who actually get higher priority than those that do live here), as Liberals think that money grows on trees. This move by Trump is FAR more than the Democrats ever did for our citizens.
edit on 14-1-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Anybody hear about the bonus Piglousy is giving to her people?? Didn't think so. She has no crumbs that she's willing to part with.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Really? So rising wages are just crumbs? Why are you trying to raise minimum wage then?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

All I know is that I got a 25k raise since Trump became president. Maybe he is doing something right.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Cute how you broke it down into a daily amount to make it look like less. Bottom line is, if you're paid bi-weekly, that is $40 dollars more per check. It's like getting a raise. You get a little quarter raise at your job, you start yelling "bread crumbs" and storm out? I don't think so. No you paraphrase the Lorax, "I'm gonna take this, but I'm highly offended by it".

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Being that the federal poverty level is $12k, a $1k bonus is not peanuts. It's 8.3%. That's a hell of a bonus. My bonus is only 7% annually and it's great.

give them a living wage, insurance, pension, paid vacations. they make money hand over foot, they can afford it!

There's no such thing as "a living wage". I lived on minimum wage when it was $5.15/hr and still had money left to spend. I paid for a car, a room, food, utilities, gas, and dates.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackmoonJester

Your analogy reminds me of the $40,000 worker who was "insulted" because his 5% tax cut is $2,000, while the $500,000 owner's 5% tax cut is $25,000 @ year. "Very VERY UNFAIR!", he exclaimed.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

I could live very comfortably on $11/hr. I guess it is a living wage.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Your analogy reminds me of the $40,000 worker who was "insulted" because his 5% tax cut is $2,000, while the $500,000 owner's 5% tax cut is $25,000 @ year. "Very VERY UNFAIR!", he exclaimed.

I must have explained it wrong then. I don't care how much they get, as long as I too get something. Pretty sure all us normal folk would love a flat tax, but it's not happening soon, so I am very thankful for any little bit I can save now. Baby steps.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackmoonJester

originally posted by: carewemust

I must have explained it wrong then. I don't care how much they get, as long as I too get something. Pretty sure all us normal folk would love a flat tax, but it's not happening soon, so I am very thankful for any little bit I can save now. Baby steps.

I was merely stating that your experience reminded me of another one. You're doing the right thing by saving what you can for a rainy day.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join